I am against a mid season coaching change

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

I am against a mid season coaching change

Postby commavegarage on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:07 pm

Despite the clown being a clown, there are still 2 extremely winnable games on the schedule and one conceivable win with decent coaching. I do not want a promoted coach who goes 3-2 in 5 meaningless games to get spaz'ed and promoted to head coach full time.

You all may say Al Washington or whoever may be a good coach. That may be true. But we're 0-12 in the ACC. I'll roll the dice with a complete house cleaning.

I post this because there are rumors he'll be gone this week on the twitisphere and one person I know who would know says this is now on the table
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: I am against a mid season coaching change

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:12 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Despite the clown being a clown, there are still 2 extremely winnable games on the schedule and one conceivable win with decent coaching. I do not want a promoted coach who goes 3-2 in 5 meaningless games to get spaz'ed and promoted to head coach full time.

You all may say Al Washington or whoever may be a good coach. That may be true. But we're 0-12 in the ACC. I'll roll the dice with a complete house cleaning.

I post this because there are rumors he'll be gone this week on the twitisphere and one person I know who would know says this is now on the table

I don't understand this logic. You want to keep the shitty coach longer because another coach might do better. I get the fact that you don't trust the administration to look beyond the end of their noses, but if bates is a goner, the new full time coach wouldn't be named until after a new AD came in anyway.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby flakes on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:21 pm

I want this guy....current UTSA head coach Frank Wilson. Young, former RBs coach at LSU, was named best recruiter in the country. Yes, we have the worst coach in the nation, but we also need players desperately.

http://www.goutsa.com/news/2016/1/15/210638991.aspx
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:39 pm

I am only for it if the change is going to get us 3 more wins this year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:00 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Blogboy's hinting at something.

https://twitter.com/bcatleagle/status/789921571972395008

ATL's hint is more likely Bates related. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:05 pm

Just let Daz finish this season out and move on.

I will say anything they've let Al Washington coach has become good (see special teams this year) but he has no business as the HC yet. Bring him on as a coordinator maybe next year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:08 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Just let Daz finish this season out and move on.

I will say anything they've let Al Washington coach has become good (see special teams this year) but he has no business as the HC yet. Bring him on as a coordinator maybe next year.

Let's assume for a minute that Al is in way over his head. What badness happens? We are going to get rocketshipped by NC State and Louisville IRRegardlessLY.

edit: i'm not advocating for Al to get the HC job (even temporarily), but I am advocating for a mid-season firing.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Let's assume for a minute that Al is in way over his head. What badness happens? We are going to get rocketshipped by NC State and Louisville IRRegardlessLY.

edit: i'm not advocating for Al to get the HC job (even temporarily), but I am advocating for a mid-season firing.

As much as I hate Daz and wish bad things upon him, he deserves the chance bomb out the rest of this season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:23 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

As much as I hate Daz and wish bad things upon him, he deserves the chance bomb out the rest of this season.

That's fair and probably a very BC thing to do.

I think canning him now gives BC a leg up in terms of timing the coaching carousel.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

That makes sense. I'll still hold out hope that they're building a catapult to fire Addazio into the sun.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:27 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

That makes sense. I'll still hold out hope that they're building a catapult to fire Addazio into the sun.

Still waiting on the permits. Do you have any idea how much it costs to build a coach catapult in the city of boston?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Bates wasn't at the game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:30 pm

The problem with Daz being allowed to finish out the season is, maybe he closes it out with wins against Uconn and Wake, and all the squishy invertebrates around and involved in our program think "well he showed improvement and there were some close losses, maybe we give him one more year"
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:The problem with Daz being allowed to finish out the season is, maybe he closes it out with wins against Uconn and Wake, and all the squishy invertebrates around and involved in our program think "well he showed improvement and there were some close losses, maybe we give him one more year"

If there is in fact an AD change coming now as everyone keeps hinting about then Dazz is a goner. Winning 2 of the next 5 will not change that. Winning 4 of 5 might and that would actually be the right call to give him 1 more year.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:The problem with Daz being allowed to finish out the season is, maybe he closes it out with wins against Uconn and Wake, and all the squishy invertebrates around and involved in our program think "well he showed improvement and there were some close losses, maybe we give him one more year"

You don't need to worry about Wake.

UConn and BC could be the 2 worst teams ever so who knows
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:55 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Bates wasn't at the game.

He was at the hockey game the night before.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:07 pm

We should've axed Addazio after the Clemson game. Make Pasqualoni the interim on the understanding that he will not be a candidate for the full-time job and give him 2 weeks to help prepare for his old school. Do that and I think we get the W today.

The issue with promoting Al to interim HC is that if he manages to win a few games there would be a ton of pressure to give him the full-time job after the season. I don't think you'd have that pressure with PP.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:08 pm

Mike Dimauro who is a BC grad and writes for some paper in CT put something on Twitter re: Coughlin as AD. Was asked about it multiple times by Twitter people and kept saying yes.

I was also told today by someone who has contact with some donors, that Leahy will never fire someone midseason
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:06 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Mike Dimauro who is a BC grad and writes for some paper in CT put something on Twitter re: Coughlin as AD. Was asked about it multiple times by Twitter people and kept saying yes.

I was also told today by someone who has contact with some donors, that Leahy will never fire someone midseason

The mid-season deal appeases the fans but is otherwise pretty useless.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:01 pm

Changing coaches now would only make sense if the new guy could win 3 of the next 5. Since that won't happen, let Daz finish out the season, limp to 3/9 or 4-8 and then we can have a caching search without feeling an obligation to make the interim permanent.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I get the fact that you don't trust the administration to look beyond the end of their noses, but if bates is a goner, the new full time coach wouldn't be named until after a new AD came in anyway.

If you want Daz fired, then you don't want the next AD to make the hire. If Daz is fired, it will be Leahy, Sullivan and maybe a Trustee or two. Next AD ain't taking the reigns until the:Summer.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:45 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I get the fact that you don't trust the administration to look beyond the end of their noses, but if bates is a goner, the new full time coach wouldn't be named until after a new AD came in anyway.

If you want Daz fired, then you don't want the next AD to make the hire. If Daz is fired, it will be Leahy, Sullivan and maybe a Trustee or two. Next AD ain't taking the reigns until the:Summer.

Wait wait wait wait wait, I thought TC was starting on Monday.

So you want daz to stay on for another year so that the next mystery AD can make the hire in December 2017? I don't get it.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:17 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Despite the clown being a clown, there are still 2 extremely winnable games on the schedule and one conceivable win with decent coaching. I do not want a promoted coach who goes 3-2 in 5 meaningless games to get spaz'ed and promoted to head coach full time.

I don't understand this logic. You want to keep the shitty coach longer because another coach might do better. I get the fact that you don't trust the administration to look beyond the end of their noses, but if bates is a goner, the new full time coach wouldn't be named until after a new AD came in anyway.

New coach could come before new AD. Kind of like lame duck Gladchuck being around for TOB and Skinner.

I like Al but also fear BC overreacting to him if he has even the slightest success as an interim.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:50 am

All of these posts assume that BC could actually put together a fucking plan! Forget about winning an ACC game this year and start realizing that they are not going to win an ACC game next year either.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby bcshater on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:28 am

Against a mid-season coaching change. Only game I see us winning is the season home finale against UConn, maybe Daz last appearance at Alumni especially if Bates moves on of course.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:54 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

What?!? The only issue is whether BC would be better off or not by firing him tomorrow morning. A better shot at a better new HC? Better coaching for the rest of the year? Even worse recruiting? Taking a visible stand against incompetence and failure and embarrassment? I of course don't know and "it depends".

But Daz' desserts have nothing to do with it -- and his BS has brought him wealth so far beyond them. It's all about BC's future -- not just athletically but more for what it means for the pursuit of excellence when we come together as a community to support our representatives on the field, court, rink... Whether Leahy knows it or not, a good part of the University's reputation is on the line and on the air when the Eagles take the field.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:06 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

What?!? The only issue is whether BC would be better off or not by firing him tomorrow morning. A better shot at a better new HC? Better coaching for the rest of the year? Even worse recruiting? Taking a visible stand against incompetence and failure and embarrassment? I of course don't know and "it depends".

But Daz' desserts have nothing to do with it -- and his BS has brought him wealth so far beyond them. It's all about BC's future -- not just athletically but more for what it means for the pursuit of excellence when we come together as a community to support our representatives on the field, court, rink... Whether Leahy knows it or not, a good part of the University's reputation is on the line and on the air when the Eagles take the field.

Firing him now, aside from appeasing mouth-breather fans, accomplishes nothing.

Just don't watch the last however many games and come back here Dec. 1.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:04 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Firing him now, aside from appeasing mouth-breather fans, accomplishes nothing.

Just don't watch the last however many games and come back here Dec. 1.

Not disagreeing with this, just agnostic. And obviously it would depend. My only point was that it has nothing to do with what Sarge might "deserve". It's all about BC's future.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:27 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Still waiting on the permits. Do you have any idea how much it costs to build a coach catapult in the city of boston?

Between the union labor rates, community and environmental regulations, and the permitting, it might be easier to get a football practice facility built.

Or not.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium