The Official "Who Cares?" Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: The Official "Who Cares?" Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:31 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Ah, the memories of Will Green 3rd string behind Ced Washington and Carlton Rowe. Good times! :toby

Not as bad as Daywalking Ginger benching him in 2001.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:39 pm

The old turf looks super.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:47 pm

I miss when BC football was a thing.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Bumpers on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi friends! I've been so busy sorting my fall apple haul, I just haven't had the time to check in on our Golden Eagles lately. It's been so hard to find time to devote to anything other than picking the apples, driving to and from the orchard, sorting the apples, peeling them, and then baking or cooking them for sauce! I just love a good apple sauce, don't you?

Anyway, I am sure my rambling is just going to detract from the excessive exuberance one of you is so excited to share about all the happenings over the past few weeks with our awesome football team, so I'll just stop and leave the floor open to you to tell me about the great couple of weeks we have had lately. Safe to say, I can start caring again?
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:41 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

That game was so painful.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Bumpers on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:40 am

Hey, I took a break from the orchard this past weekend and hit up the links - a lot. Boy did the weather cooperate, too, even for late October in Kohler WI. I played 27 at The Bog on Thursday, then Meadow Valleys on Friday, the Straights on Saturday and the River Course on Sunday. Not only are my 47 year old bones dead tired, but I missed all the exciting happenings of the weekend. I know, I know, even great golf and great weather can be set aside for a good day in the orchard. Then, this Hobson's choice got me to think, what did I used to do with my fall Saturdays? Is my old age just exerting attrition on my recreational options? What's everybody else do this weekend?
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:36 pm

Students chanting "scoreboard" after Miami made it 28-7, omg
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

Students chanting "scoreboard" after Miami made it 28-7, omg

yep - that's why folks on campus in 99 are considered nerds. not as nerdy as the class of 14, 15 or 16 but definitely past the line of nerdification.

fucking nerds
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

At the 7:47 mark, you can witness the defeatist Ginger in action. He has his head down signaling to the team the game is over. When I saw this live, I knew that :toby was a loser.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:14 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

At the 7:47 mark, you can witness the defeatist Ginger in action. He has his head down signaling to the team the game is over. When I saw this live, I knew that :toby was a loser.

ugh. why did you make me watch this again. :bag :whiteflag :orca :seanwilliams

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby Bumpers on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Another weekend, another Hobson's choice. I have to say, you all have been very derelict and passing on info about the past weekend's games.

Through the grapevine, no thanks to any of you, I heard that the FB game was canceled, and that instead the athletic department trotted out a flag football scrimmage between Pine Manor and Simmons. Is this true? The rumor was they drew a couple of thousand people? Good for the lasses.

Well, is it time to care yet?
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:25 pm

God, this thread just made me super depressed......I was at all of those Clemson vs BC games 05, 06, 07.....how far we have fallen.... :titanic
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Bumpers on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm sorry for not checking in earlier, friends, I had quite the Veteran's Day weekend full of the best fall has to offer. I honestly didn't miss a beat going from the Veteran's memorial services at the VA hospital nearby to the fall festival at church. What another glorious weather weekend here in the Midwest; we cracked 60 degrees both days.

What'd you all do this weekend? I swear, having my fall weekends liberated of caring for other things has truly been a blessing. I can't wait for next weekend!
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bumpers on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi, friends! Did everybody else enjoy preparations for the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend like I did thgis past few days? I was running around like a turkey with its head cut off, hahahahahah a! Grocery shopping, cleaning, winterizing the house, got it all in. Good stuff. All of my recent productivity makes me wonder what I used to do with all my Saturdays in the years after I hung up the old cleats.

Anyway, I am hearing whispers out of Houston that a guy named "28" has hoodwinked a lot of booster poseurs who like to stare at jpegs of shirtless boys. Someone thinks this guy has a bat-phone to the St. Mary's Hall Trustees' Boardroom, that really has an address of 100 or 1 Federal Street to keep everyone off their trail. DONT BELIEVE IT.

I am here to tell you all that this is all bogus. I know the following for a fact but I can't divulge my sources because, well, they wouldn't be sources for long.

First, I know for a fact that this guy "28" actually isn't even a real person, but is an aliass for a guy from the boneyard. The guy behind it is the spearhead of a concerted effort by the UCONN dregs to get DAZ fired this year so that we are paying out Addazio for the rest of his contract to hamstring the Board from paying full freight for a hot commodity up-and-comer - the thinking is three times must be a charm for paying people not to coach. The same is true of the claim that BB is a goner now instead of when his contract expires. My source says the truth is that this aliass and his cronies think if they can force BC to fire DAZ and BB early with rumors, and can get BC involved in enough litigation over terminated contracts with coaches and ADs who never had a chance to succeed because of poor facilities, no student support and excessive admissions standards, no real up-and-comer would ever pick BC when UCONN is ready and willing to shovel out the dough. You see, UCONN not only wants to kick BC OUT of the ACC, but to take our place!

Dia(boli)co(l)!
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bumpers on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:13 pm

And I have on good authority from the same source that Coughlin will never take the AD job. In fact, they are going in an entirely different direction - YOUNG:

Here is who is supposedly on the short list:

Jill Bodensteiner (ND AsstAD)

Pete Garcia (FIU AD)

Michael Alford (OSU AsstAD)

They like Alford best but no one thinks he will be available come next summer, and Garcia has a gig and might not bite given all the University's problems. Put your money on Bodensteiner - a Catholic and highly qualified.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:And I have on good authority from the same source that Coughlin will never take the AD job. In fact, they are going in an entirely different direction - YOUNG:

Pete Garcia (FIU AD)

They like Alford best but no one thinks he will be available come next summer, and Garcia has a gig and might not bite given all the University's problems. Put your money on Bodensteiner - a Catholic and highly qualified.

I am less alarmed by the fact that we are going to have a female AD than we are going to have a German one.

https://youtu.be/aHBbInxJ4Is
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Such intrigue. Has Julian Assange hacked Leahy's email yet?
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Bumpers on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:27 am

Bumpers {l Wrote}:And I have on good authority from the same source that Coughlin will never take the AD job. In fact, they are going in an entirely different direction - YOUNG:

Pete Garcia (FIU AD)

I just got word from my source, a dark horse candidate for AD, known as a no nonsense, media savvy guy out of a Big12 power, is no longer in contention. Too bad apparently he was getting a lot of internal support but he may have choked a recent interview. May be more about this soon.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagletx on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:48 am

Bumpers {l Wrote}:

Pete Garcia (FIU AD)

I just got word from my source, a dark horse candidate for AD, known as a no nonsense, media savvy guy out of a Big12 power, is no longer in contention. Too bad apparently he was getting a lot of internal support but he may have choked a recent interview. May be more about this soon.

My sources say that those claiming sources are sourceless.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:34 am

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Bumpers on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:18 pm

I don't get the reference, but OK, OK, I was just trying to be funny about that last bit, you got me, but the rest of everything I said from my source is spot on. Just wait.

When the season ends on December 27 after our Toilet Bowl appearance and Daz and BB both still have their Conte credentials, you have to come back here and apologize so I can say I told you so.

Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:Hey, I took a break from the orchard this past weekend and hit up the links - a lot. Boy did the weather cooperate, too, even for late October in Kohler WI. I played 27 at The Bog on Thursday, then Meadow Valleys on Friday, the Straights on Saturday and the River Course on Sunday. Not only are my 47 year old bones dead tired, but I missed all the exciting happenings of the weekend. I know, I know, even great golf and great weather can be set aside for a good day in the orchard. Then, this Hobson's choice got me to think, what did I used to do with my fall Saturdays? Is my old age just exerting attrition on my recreational options? What's everybody else do this weekend?

Why in God's name would you play The Bog? I wouldn't let my butler's butler's gardener play The Bog. If you are going to spend time in the greater Cedarburg/Saukville area, why not just drive the twenty-five minutes west to play Erin Hills? You assholes from Illinois could fuck up a two car funeral. I bet you stayed at the Inn at Woodlake and ate dinner at the Immigrant Room instead of Trattoria Stefano.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Bumpers on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:Hey, I took a break from the orchard this past weekend and hit up the links - a lot. Boy did the weather cooperate, too, even for late October in Kohler WI. I played 27 at The Bog on Thursday, then Meadow Valleys on Friday, the Straights on Saturday and the River Course on Sunday. Not only are my 47 year old bones dead tired, but I missed all the exciting happenings of the weekend. I know, I know, even great golf and great weather can be set aside for a good day in the orchard. Then, this Hobson's choice got me to think, what did I used to do with my fall Saturdays? Is my old age just exerting attrition on my recreational options? What's everybody else do this weekend?

Why in God's name would you play The Bog? I wouldn't let my butler's butler's gardener play The Bog. If you are going to spend time in the greater Cedarburg/Saukville area, why not just drive the twenty-five minutes west to play Erin Hills? You assholes from Illinois could fuck up a two car funeral. I bet you stayed at the Inn at Woodlake and ate dinner at the Immigrant Room instead of Trattoria Stefano.

It was my warm up rounds for the weekend Tournament, and I played The Bull 2 times this summer and had yet ever to play The Bog. I don't disagree with your assessment of it in comparison to the others.

There is no f'n way I was going to play Erin Hills and the Straits in the same weekend. That's just insanity. I'm 47, tore my ACL when I was 17 and have half a meniscus. Kudos to you if you can.

I will say, though, not having played Meadow Valleys in a few years always favoring the River course, the Valleys grew on me after the first 5 holes, which plainly suck. 6 through 18 are challenging and top notch golf. The original Blackwolf 18, especially the original #10 I think, looks like a gorgeous and wicked track. You looped on that one? They only offered it the week after. I am going to try that next year.

P.S.. Illinois may suck, it absolutely does, but NY worse, let's face it. For every Barry Obama and Dick Durbin, NY Chucks us a Schumer or a Rangel, with a bouquet of Hillary, squeezed out of the lower descending known as Upstate and pinched in the rectal mucosa known as the Tri-state area. Some political crucible you've all got going there.

At least we had Henry Hyde.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:42 pm

Henry Hyde looked like an actor from central casting for the never made live-action Shoe movie.

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 pm

The original Blackwolf layout was an amazing track and I did play it once. Between the River and Meadow, I prefer the River, although I played the Meadow course the morning of my wedding so it will always have a place in my cold, anthracitic heart as one of the last places where I was still free--along with the Horse and Plow.

Conceding that Erin Hills might pose a problem for someone with your physical issues, next time skip The Bog and talk yourself on at Hidden Glen. It is a PB Dye layout--and the kid obviously bites off his old man quite a bit--and it has a couple of holes that remind me of the Straits in terms of how you shape your drives and play your approach shots. It really plays like the Irish Course, which I highly recommend--extremely entertaining, almost whimsical--the blind tee shot on the par three into what looks like a quarry with a green at the bottom is hilarious.

And don't get me wrong, politically, NY and CA suck as bad as IL. I was more making fun of the various Illinois people I see shuffling around Cedarburg during its various festivals or sitting drunkenly in the Horse and Plow while staring for kingly at another shitastic Bears team getting humiliated on the TV. I am also amused by how much Wisconsinites, who are generally speaking the nicest people I have met, hate people from Illinois and the remarkable number of obscene euphemisms they have for people from the Land of Lincoln.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Bumpers on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:53 am

Never heard of Hidden Glen before. Thanks for the tip. Looks really interesting. I am putting it on the list for next year.

Buddy of mine at my club is heading down to play Diamonte Dunes in Cabo in March and is trying to drag me down there. The last place I want to go is Mexico. You know anything about that track / area? Is it worth it?

Wisconsinites suck if only for their self-congratulatory disdain of us FIBers, but the list is far longer than that. If it weren't for us urban FIBers taking respite in Dairyland from the hard work of keeping the heart of America from turning into West Virginia, Wisconsin would have been ceded to Canada or the Potawatomi long ago. Could you imagine the Horse & Plow being populated perpetually by the likes of Nono's denizens and West Bend insurance agents?

What a craptastic place it would be, a daily post-production wrap party for the real life cast of Making a Murderer.

I can't defend the Bears.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:58 am

Bumpers {l Wrote}:Never heard of Hidden Glen before. Thanks for the tip. Looks really interesting. I am putting it on the list for next year.

Buddy of mine at my club is heading down to play Diamonte Dunes in Cabo in March and is trying to drag me down there. The last place I want to go is Mexico. You know anything about that track / area? Is it worth it?

Wisconsinites suck if only for their self-congratulatory disdain of us FIBers, but the list is far longer than that. If it weren't for us urban FIBers taking respite in Dairyland from the hard work of keeping the heart of America from turning into West Virginia, Wisconsin would have been ceded to Canada or the Potawatomi long ago. Could you imagine the Horse & Plow being populated perpetually by the likes of Nono's denizens and West Bend insurance agents?

What a craptastic place it would be, a daily post-production wrap party for the real life cast of Making a Murderer.

I can't defend the Bears.

I didn't play the course, but Cabo is a relatively safe part of Mexico. It's mostly LA residents and it is so far from inhabited areas that you are isolated from the elements that might concern you. Otherwise, it is hot as fucking balls and really dry, but you might get to party with Sammy Hagar.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:42 am

Have never played Diamante Dunes. A couple of guys from my club have and said it is a good, but not great track, but the scenery is spectacular. They played it early in the morning because as Teddy notes it is hotter than balls by 9 am.

Having been there twice, Cabo is completely safe. Rumor is that the various cartels all have ownership stakes in the place and use it to launder money. As such, they make sure nothing bad happens to the tourists. Other than that, unless you are going sport fishing or diving I see little reason to go to Cabo.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Bumpers on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:40 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Have never played Diamante Dunes. A couple of guys from my club have and said it is a good, but not great track, but the scenery is spectacular. They played it early in the morning because as Teddy notes it is hotter than balls by 9 am.

Having been there twice, Cabo is completely safe. Rumor is that the various cartels all have ownership stakes in the place and use it to launder money. As such, they make sure nothing bad happens to the tourists. Other than that, unless you are going sport fishing or diving I see little reason to go to Cabo.

The same tourist-turf-safety argument was supposedly true of Puerto Vallarta, until gun-toting drug runners recently saw Sinaloa vulnerable and decided to storm a restaurant and kidnap El-Chapo's kid. It is likely an artifact of pure luck that the whole place was not shot up ala Tony Montana.

I think I am going to tell him hasta la vista, hit 'em straight and duck if he hears popping. If it was still legal, I'd grab a STOLI on him.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:05 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Have never played Diamante Dunes. A couple of guys from my club have and said it is a good, but not great track, but the scenery is spectacular. They played it early in the morning because as Teddy notes it is hotter than balls by 9 am.

The same tourist-turf-safety argument was supposedly true of Puerto Vallarta, until gun-toting drug runners recently saw Sinaloa vulnerable and decided to storm a restaurant and kidnap El-Chapo's kid. It is likely an artifact of pure luck that the whole place was not shot up ala Tony Montana.

I think I am going to tell him hasta la vista, hit 'em straight and duck if he hears popping. If it was still legal, I'd grab a STOLI on him.

Cabo is in the middle of nowhere. Literally nothing around (by land) but American tourists and celebrities for 1000 miles. Worst thing down there is sunburn and heat stroke.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium