Frank Spaziani vs. Steve Addazio Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Frank Spaziani vs. Steve Addazio Thread

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:35 am

Remember, Jags left the cupboard empty for Spaz.

Spaz thru 3 games in 4th year:

Overall: 20-21
In conference: 12-13
v. 1-A schools: 16-21

Addazio thru 3 games in 4th year:

Overall: 18-23
In conference: 8-18
v. 1-A schools: 14-23

We are nearing a point where I can't call him adaziani anymore. It would be giving him too much credit.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: Frank Spaziani vs. Steve Addazio Thread

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:42 am

I think Spaz had a better base of players to start out with (those that he didn't run out).

Neither is what I'd call "good"
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:02 am

this is, has and forever shall be a retarded comparison that you should feel bad for making, but yes Addazio is also a bad head coach.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:10 am

Spaz was apathetic. Daz cares but he gets in his own way.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:12 am

how many more losses does addazio have to have before it isnt a stupid topic?

i honestly want to know the answer. i keep hearing the talent the talent the talent but the results clearly arent there.

i hated spaz like everyone here from the beginning, and hated addazio from the beginning like most (not to be moj), but at what point do wins and losses matter more than "they didnt play well, but the talent is there" mantra

also, "caring" counts for nothing in my mind. hes not getting paid 2 million to "care".
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:15 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Spaz was apathetic. Daz cares but he gets in his own way.

Saturday was as bad as anything Spaz cooked up during his tenure, but Addazio's accomplishments in his first two years were better than anything Spaz did during his reign. Spaz inherited an ACC Championship team. Addazio inherited a 1-7 team (should have been 0-8 but for Maryland's injuries at QB) without much talent.

The rest of this season, however, could get really bad. This past Saturday is unlikely to be the low point.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:20 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:how many more losses does addazio have to have before it isnt a stupid topic?

i honestly want to know the answer. i keep hearing the talent the talent the talent but the results clearly arent there.

i hated spaz like everyone here from the beginning, and hated addazio from the beginning like most (not to be moj), but at what point do wins and losses matter more than "they didnt play well, but the talent is there" mantra

also, "caring" counts for nothing in my mind. hes not getting paid 2 million to "care".

It's not a stupid topic because Addazio doesn't suck as much as Spaz, which he doesn't by some margin but who cares I won't argue that. It's a stupid topic because one took over a team that won the Atlantic division the year prior and one took over a team from Spaz. That makes it a bad comparison.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:38 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:how many more losses does addazio have to have before it isnt a stupid topic?

It's not a stupid topic because Addazio doesn't suck as much as Spaz, which he doesn't by some margin but who cares I won't argue that. It's a stupid topic because one took over a team that won the Atlantic division the year prior and one took over a team from Spaz. That makes it a bad comparison.

tl;dr - youth and injuries
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:44 pm

They both are not good at coaching football, but comparing them is still kind of pointless.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Irishriviera on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:53 pm

I was tied up on Saturday and didn't see the game. Was it honestly as bad as the 2009 game at Clemson? We had 54 yards in total offense in that game. We almost certainly had negative yardage at the half. The ONLY reason, the stats look as good as they did was because of multiple lightening delays that made the Clemson players lose interest.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=292620228
Irishriviera
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Irishriviera {l Wrote}:I was tied up on Saturday and didn't see the game. Was it honestly as bad as the 2009 game at Clemson? We had 54 yards in total offense in that game. We almost certainly had negative yardage at the half. The ONLY reason, the stats look as good as they did was because of multiple lightening delays that made the Clemson players lose interest.

Watched all of both games, it was the exact same.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Spaz:
- Inherited significantly better recruits.
- Inherited a Top ACC Team that was competitive for the Atlantic every year.
- Wins per year trend: 8, 7, 4, 2
- Left behind significantly worse talent than he inherited.

Daz:
- Inherited recruits well below BC's modern average.
- Inherited an ACC cellar-dweller laughing stock.
- Wins per year trend: 7, 7, 3, ___
- Will leave behind significantly better talent than he inherited, though still below the 2000's average.

It's too early to make this call. If BC only wins 3 or 4 this year then this becomes a much more apt comparison. But if BC wins anywhere from 5-7, then we need to continue to wait and see. At least with Daz there's still some hope for the future. Maybe not ACC Championship hope, but respectability and regular bowl appearances hope. With Spaz there was absolutely no hope. I honestly think BC might have never made another bowl game with Spaz at the helm. I don't care how easy the OOC scheduling, I had zero faith in him ever winning 6 games again by the end of 2012.

Daz:TOB might be more accurate than Daz:Spaz.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:24 pm

I bet you Spaz recruited more NFL players in his 4 years than Daz has in his 4.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I bet you Spaz recruited more NFL players in his 4 years than Daz has in his 4.

That(no apostrophe)s stupid for the same reason as the overall comparison. It(no apostrophe)s more difficult to recruit after the program has been ruined than while it(no apostrophe) is in the process of being ruined.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:47 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Irishriviera {l Wrote}:I was tied up on Saturday and didn't see the game. Was it honestly as bad as the 2009 game at Clemson? We had 54 yards in total offense in that game. We almost certainly had negative yardage at the half. The ONLY reason, the stats look as good as they did was because of multiple lightening delays that made the Clemson players lose interest.

This game lacked the special segments to fill the lightning delay, which included Spaz's infamous tour of Boston and "what kind of dog is that?"
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:55 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I bet you Spaz recruited more NFL players in his 4 years than Daz has in his 4.

That(no apostrophe)s stupid for the same reason as the overall comparison. It(no apostrophe)s more difficult to recruit after the program has been ruined than while it(no apostrophe) is in the process of being ruined.

This.

Spaz was recruiting to a team that had made 10 straight bowls, finished the season ranked 4 of the 5 previous seasons, and had gone to 2 straight ACC Championship Games. Even with that, Spaz only pulled in really good recurits in 2010 and 2011, with a pretty drastic dropoff in 2012 and 2013. Spaz deserves zero credit for recruiting. Zero.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:57 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Okay Kelsey no-Grammar, humor me. Name a quantifiable thing Daz could do that would make him worse than Spaz, if losing more games, recruiting crappier players, and putting less butts in the seats don't count. Or is your argument that Spaz is just so singularly bad that no one could be worse...

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Okay Kelsey no-Grammar, humor me. Name a quantifiable thing Daz could do that would make him worse than Spaz, if losing more games, recruiting crappier players, and putting less butts in the seats don't count. Or is your argument that Spaz is just so singularly bad that no one could be worse...

No. My point is that you can't simply spit out wins and losses or recruiting rankings and compare the numbers to gauge whether a reach around from hansen (giant douche) is better than a trip to Southeast Asia with DGF (turd sandwich). Those are bad comparisons due to pretty obvious different starting points.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:16 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

No. My point is that you can't simply spit out wins and losses or recruiting rankings and compare the numbers to gauge whether a reach around from hansen (giant douche) is better than a trip to Southeast Asia with DGF (turd sandwich). Those are bad comparisons due to pretty obvious different starting points.

I've seen enough of Daz to believe he'd run the team into the ground just as inevitably as Spaz did if he had been hired after Jags. They have a different set of fatal flaws but the bottom line is they're both incompetent. Maybe one's an F and one's an F-, maybe they take a slightly different path, but they both lead you to the same place.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:31 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

You should try originality some time instead of ripping off South Park.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:39 pm

darn.

was hoping this was some sort of charity foxy boxing type event that was going to happen in the boston area.

i do think daz could beat spaz :spaz3 in most forms of boxing, foxy boxing, wrestling, judo, running a 5k, swimming laps, jumping over things, poetry writing/art appreciation, throwing a heavy rock for distance and simple math.

i think spaz :spaz3 would beat daz in cooking, and drinking (but not eating and drinking).

i think :toby would beat them both in a who can stand still the longest type event.

:whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:06 pm

to those claiming sarge the recruiter had bare cupboards and just needs to get his recruits in, but can't because bc is a shit school with a shit reputation...

how did he do as the oc for the gaytors. i'm pretty sure they didn't have these restrictions but he was just as lackluster there

or temple, where he took over an rbc graduate's recruits and turned them from a contender to a 4-8 shitshow

sure - spaz and slaughter are not fair to line up next to each other, but i think it's fair to say that both are bad at their job of head football coach at boston college
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:56 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This game lacked the special segments to fill the lightning delay, which included Spaz's infamous tour of Boston and "what kind of dog is that?"

That segment was the only enjoyable moment of the Spaz era, yet it is nowhere to be found on the interwebs. Please use your power as Atlanta's preeminent sports blogger and nightclub owner to make Raycom release the tapes. I'm going to eat some cookies and take a nap. I expect to see the video when I wake up.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Irishriviera on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:59 pm

Would Al Golden be an upgrade or a downgrade? I think he's next up.
Irishriviera
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:05 pm

al golden has no interest in boston college
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Irishriviera {l Wrote}:Would Al Golden be an upgrade or a downgrade? I think he's next up.

Lateral move. Plus I don't want this guy on my sideline wearing his white shirt and tie to honor Joe Paterno.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:56 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

You should try originality some time instead of ripping off South Park.

South Park has never said anything about your affinity 4 chix with dix. That's ripping off TRE.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:04 pm

They both suck for completely different reasons.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That segment was the only enjoyable moment of the Spaz era, yet it is nowhere to be found on the interwebs. Please use your power as Atlanta's preeminent sports blogger and nightclub owner to make Raycom release the tapes. I'm going to eat some cookies and take a nap. I expect to see the video when I wake up.

SHOW US THE TAPES, YOU COWARDS!!!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:34 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

A few easy ones come to mind:
1) Wins vs. Ranked Opponents: Spaz = 0, Daz = 1
2) Wins vs. Top 10 Opponents: Spaz = 0, Daz = 1
3) Wins vs. Opponents w/ Winning Records: Spaz = 4 in 4 years, Daz = 6 in 3 years.

Of the 16 wins against FBS opponents compiled by Spaz, exactly 4 came against teams that would finish the season with a winning record. Consistently beat Wake, NCST, caught UVa and (still terrible) Duke in the coastal a few times. Garbage record.

I'm not pressing this point to defend Daz. Only a fool would say either has been anything but bad. I'm pressing the point because no BC fan anywhere at any time should ever make light of the horror of the Spaz years. There was nothing good during those years. I don't care what statistics you can pull out of your ass.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium