2016 Lambert-Meadowlands Trophy

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2016 Lambert-Meadowlands Trophy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:38 am

As well all know, Navy took home their 5th and a half (they split 1960 with Yale) Lambert-Meadowlands Trophy last year after compiling an 11-2 record while going 3-0 vs. other northeastern teams (Pitt, UConn and Army), and Military Bowl win. Some of you may remember that this caused some confusion over eligibility for the trophy, as some sites listed Maryland and Delaware as "surrounding states" only eligible if they play half their schedule against ECAC teams. Well, I guess that was wrong. Navy is ECAC and thus eligible. I'll include them in the standings moving forward.

Week 2 featured several L-M matchups:
- Pitt vs. Penn State
- BC vs. UMass
- UConn vs. Navy

With that preface out of the way, here's the Week 2 Standings for the 2016 trophy, with parenthetical record being against other L-M Eligible teams:

2-0 (1-0) - Pittsburgh: W over Penn State
2-0 (1-0) - Navy: W over UConn
2-0 (1-0) - Army: W over Rice
1-1 (1-0) - Boston College: W over UMass
1-1 (0-0) - Syracuse: L to Louisville
1-1 (0-0) - Rutgers: W over Howard
1-1 (0-1) - Temple : W over Stony Brook
1-1 (0-1) - Penn State: L to Pitt
1-1 (0-1) - UConn: L to Navy
0-1 (0-0) - Buffalo: L to Albany
0-2 (0-1) - UMass: L to BC

Week 3 features only one L-M matchup: Temple vs. Penn State.

This could be a big year for BC in the L-M race. We play 4 eligible teams and with Penn State being down, the door is open!
Last edited by dtwalrus on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Re: 2016 Lambert-Meadowlands Trophy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:16 am

I find your interest in this strange.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:28 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I find your interest in this strange.

as someone else pointed out - walrus has an interest in starting threads. this is just one more "weird fact" that he knows he can start a thread about annually.

i am growing weary of walrus and see him as a better than not chance of inclusion in my top 5 worst posters. the current tally:

nospace
glace
rktbrkr
corners
walrus

however, if i haven't listed you remember that you still have plenty of time to suck at posting and life before the thanksgiving nominations begin
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:29 am

Pittsburg is in NH. Pittsburgh is in PA.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

as someone else pointed out - walrus has an interest in starting threads. this is just one more "weird fact" that he knows he can start a thread about annually.

i am growing weary of walrus and see him as a better than not chance of inclusion in my top 5 worst posters. the current tally:

nospace
glace
rktbrkr
corners
walrus

however, if i haven't listed you remember that you still have plenty of time to suck at posting and life before the thanksgiving nominations begin

Nospace's victorious return has rendered that competition boring and unnecessary.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Pittsburg is in NH. Pittsburgh is in PA.

wrong - pittburg is in kansas
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 am

You would know that, walmart lover.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:31 am

The university, yes. I was referring to cities.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:31 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

You would know that, walmart lover.

I used the Google machine.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburg,_Kansas

nospacipeadia {l Wrote}:Pittsburg is a city in Crawford County, in southeastern Kansas, United States. It is the most populous city in Crawford County and in southeastern Kansas.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:34 am

No joke, the mascot is the Gorillas.

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

nospacipeadia {l Wrote}:Pittsburg is a city in Crawford County, in southeastern Kansas, United States. It is the most populous city in Crawford County and in southeastern Kansas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburg
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:35 am

Good effort, though, Chrome is your downfall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:45 am

doesn't matter where Pittsburgh is, it sucks.

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:46 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburg

i knew the kansas one because i worked with a dude that grew up there (although he attended university somewhere else)

and i thought a dude with a farmers tan was a good representation of pittsburg kansas
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:49 am

more importantly, we added a conversation infinitely more interesting that the lambert meadowlands trophy
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:07 pm

nospace
glace
rktbrkr
corners
walrus

I feel like Ted Cruz. I spent years laying the groundwork, waiting for the perfect moment, and just as my opportunity seems to arise - a fat orange-haired ignoramus come out of left field and steals the show.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

nospace
glace
rktbrkr
corners
walrus

I feel like Ted Cruz. I spent years laying the groundwork, waiting for the perfect moment, and just as my opportunity seems to arise - a fat orange-haired ignoramus come out of left field and steals the show.

FUNISHMENT!!!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:29 pm

nospace
glace
rktbrkr
corners
walrus

you're on the list, glace. what are you bitching about? the worst poster contest always starts around thanksgiving and asks the posters of this board to nominate 5 folks.

or, continue to reflect stroke like symptoms and find yourself out shined by walrus or corners trump. it's kinda up to you, you incorrigible dickhole
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:55 pm

nospace
glace
rktbrkr
corners
walrus

you're on the list, glace. what are you bitching about? the worst poster contest always starts around thanksgiving and asks the posters of this board to nominate 5 folks.

or, continue to reflect stroke like symptoms and find yourself out shined by walrus or corners trump. it's kinda up to you, you incorrigible dickhole

Based on my reading of your statement I was assuming your list is in order, with me in second, InnocentBystander in first, and Walrus having climbed onto the list in fifth. Based on this newer statement, I can clearly see that there's too much sodium in your diet. For what it's worth,I'm going with Walrus, Hansen, Salt Queen, Foot, and the base and contemptible Eagle9903 this year. Mods please change name of thread to "Thread for discussion of any topic except the Lambert-Meadowlands Trophy"

edit: oh yeah and IlikeBC. Maybe he pushes out Hansen
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:02 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:...Based on this newer statement, I can clearly see that there's too much sodium in your diet. ... Salt Queen

For the record, this shtick keeps glacier out of my top 5 right now. Hasn't gotten tired yet, either, despite use and abuse.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:14 pm

nospace
glace
rktbrkr
corners
walrus

Based on my reading of your statement I was assuming your list is in order, with me in second, InnocentBystander in first, and Walrus having climbed onto the list in fifth. Based on this newer statement, I can clearly see that there's too much sodium in your diet. For what it's worth,I'm going with Walrus, Hansen, Salt Queen, Foot, and the base and contemptible Eagle9903 this year. Mods please change name of thread to "Thread for discussion of any topic except the Lambert-Meadowlands Trophy"

edit: oh yeah and IlikeBC. Maybe he pushes out Hansen

I thought I had a really good chance last year. Really put in the time and effort, what with the L-M Award Thread, the constant rationalization of Daz's suckitude, and my brief championing of Flutie for QB, but alas, there are some posters here that are just operating on a completely other level of terrible-ness. I don't even think I made the quarter-finals...

:screamyeagle :flagus :screamyeagle :flagus :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:17 pm

I did not know this trophy existed. Learn something new every day.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:I did not know this trophy existed. Learn something new every day.

do you have walrus on ignore? he's been posting this bullshit for at least 3 years
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:25 pm

this is something BC can win, and should devote resources to accomplishing that goal. would be a great question to ask bb at the next townhall meeting. " what are we doing to get the lambert-meadowlands trophy back to the heights?"

i applaud the walrus for not letting this slip beneath our collective radar.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:32 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:this is something BC can win, and should devote resources to accomplishing that goal. would be a great question to ask bb at the next townhall meeting. " what are we doing to get the lambert-meadowlands trophy back to the heights?"

Does he still do those townhall meetings?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:37 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:this is something BC can win, and should devote resources to accomplishing that goal. would be a great question to ask bb at the next townhall meeting. " what are we doing to get the lambert-meadowlands trophy back to the heights?"

they are developing plans to begin talks with local officials about holding more townhall meetings
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:05 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

they are developing plans to begin talks with local officials about holding more townhall meetings

Dammit, don't get me started on that shit again.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Bates just uses the town hall meetings as practice for his Toastmasters competitions.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:06 pm

:kudos
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium