2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:36 pm

I think any of us can find a coach to go 0-18 in conference, none of us would be dumb enough to give him and extension
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:34 pm

You can't hire Lyons when you say no to Ed McLaughlin. Ed is a better fit and better resume in nearly every way.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:17 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I don't support hiring an AD away from a university that doesn't have a football program.

This is why I prefer Bowen
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Apparently Bowen didn't make the top 3, and there are candidates in the top 3 that have not been floated on the boards.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:What would be the process for an online community of social misfits and miscreants to apply for, and ultimately be awarded and accept, the Boston College AD position?

Second to that, could we use the AD paycheck to make sure the clock works and fix the search function?

The funny part about this is any of us are probably more qualified and would do a better job than the current crew in there

EO Athletic Department!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:34 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I relay shit I hear (someone mentioned to me last night that Mike Dee (who I don't know anything about) was the fave).

He was CEO of the Red Sox, President of Fenway Sports Group, and ran the Dolphins and the Padres. He's a to Lucchino on the business side what Epstein was on the baseball side.

That would seem a great hire (but the person who told me the name said it would be a disaster).

He seemed good with the Sox - was there for like 2003 to 2009, so good years - but Lucchino was running that whole show, and to some extent, even the baseball side when Theo got weird about Pearl Jam, gorilla maskes and Hanley Ramirez in 2006-7. He hasn't been a roaring success with the Fins and there was something off about his departure from the Padres after last season, especially since like Theo, he cut his teeth in that organization.

A cursory search about his Padres departure yields a lot of local San Diego talking heads saying things like "Oh boy when it gets out why he was canned...!" and "The rumors about Mike Dee would embarrass everyone but they are preparing for litigation"...and then nothing. That was October.

I love how I say a guy was a puppet, not a roaring success, and then there was something "off" about his departure, but I'm his agent. Dee could raise cash, but he's not high on my list. Better names have been floated here by far.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:What would be the process for an online community of social misfits and miscreants to apply for, and ultimately be awarded and accept, the Boston College AD position?

Second to that, could we use the AD paycheck to make sure the clock works and fix the search function?

The funny part about this is any of us are probably more qualified and would do a better job than the current crew in there

EO Athletic Department!

I nominate Big Pete. He'll get things straightened out. Plus, he knows Corky.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:58 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Apparently Bowen didn't make the top 3, and there are candidates in the top 3 that have not been floated on the boards.

I'm setting myself up for a kick in the crotch but, for some reason after hearing this I feel we might actually make a good hire.
Last edited by eagle33 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

EO Athletic Department!

It would be a bunch of lawyers. I thought we didnt want a compliance centered AD.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:59 pm

I want my name in the running and I would let it be known, I would run a Papa Johns level department with coke and hookers for all recruits and the AD. Thursday are poker night.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:06 pm

I'd like to put in for Gallup's job.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:15 pm

TRE can take Meat Baum's job.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:30 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:TRE can take Meat Baum's job.

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:25 pm

It's clear to me that when the candidates start asking about details and figure out that Leahy hates athletics and is offering zero support, they simply withdraw their name.

The problem with DBS is the price points. It emptied out Conte Forum and fixed many long time season ticket holders to give up if not all of their seats at least half the number of seats they had for years. To make matters worse these seats have never been sold and yet no adjustments in pricing have been made. That is why I don't want Paquette.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:It's clear to me that when the candidates start asking about details and figure out that Leahy hates athletics and is offering zero support, they simply withdraw their name.

The problem with DBS is the price points. It emptied out Conte Forum and fixed many long time season ticket holders to give up if not all of their seats at least half the number of seats they had for years. To make matters worse these seats have never been sold and yet no adjustments in pricing have been made. That is why I don't want Paquette.

Here is why you suck.

The first part of your post is a good observation that rightfully points to a significant problem (i.e. Leahy's reluctance to provide institutional support for athletics). Then, you go all fucktarded with nonsense about DBS, filling the corners and putting a dome on the reservoir.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:09 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:It's clear to me that when the candidates start asking about details and figure out that Leahy hates athletics and is offering zero support, they simply withdraw their name.

Here is why you suck.

The first part of your post is a good observation that rightfully points to a significant problem (i.e. Leahy's reluctance to provide institutional support for athletics). Then, you go all fucktarded with nonsense about DBS, filling the corners and putting a dome on the reservoir.

This.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:06 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

EO Athletic Department!

It would be a bunch of lawyers. I thought we didnt want a compliance centered AD.

And a management consultant.

BC would be a dream gig for me, let's just fire everyone and start over.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:38 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

EO Athletic Department!

Corky is in charge of the softball team. There will be rampant cheating. One of my favorite stories.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:20 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I want my name in the running and I would let it be known, I would run a Papa Johns level department with coke and hookers for all recruits and the AD. Thursday are poker night.

When is grammar night?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:34 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The problem with DBS is the price points. It emptied out Conte Forum and fixed many long time season ticket holders to give up if not all of their seats at least half the number of seats they had for years. To make matters worse these seats have never been sold and yet no adjustments in pricing have been made. That is why I don't want Paquette.

I regularly talk to holders of those seats. The sale of donor seats is not the issue. The issue is they go unused. Whenever I'm in town, I get offered tickets to a hoops game. I went once last year and I left at the half. The DBS system may have its flaws, but it is not why Conte is empty. You can't give tickets away to that joke they are calling an ACC basketball program. Most donors are worried someone they know might see them on TV at the game and give them the business about the state of BC sports.

You should delete you account.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

EO Athletic Department!

Corky is in charge of the softball team. There will be rampant cheating. One of my favorite stories.

Everyone gets 8 strikes per at bat.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby thebs19 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I relay shit I hear (someone mentioned to me last night that Mike Dee (who I don't know anything about) was the fave).

He was CEO of the Red Sox, President of Fenway Sports Group, and ran the Dolphins and the Padres. He's a to Lucchino on the business side what Epstein was on the baseball side.

That would seem a great hire (but the person who told me the name said it would be a disaster).

He seemed good with the Sox - was there for like 2003 to 2009, so good years - but Lucchino was running that whole show, and to some extent, even the baseball side when Theo got weird about Pearl Jam, gorilla maskes and Hanley Ramirez in 2006-7. He hasn't been a roaring success with the Fins and there was something off about his departure from the Padres after last season, especially since like Theo, he cut his teeth in that organization.

A cursory search about his Padres departure yields a lot of local San Diego talking heads saying things like "Oh boy when it gets out why he was canned...!" and "The rumors about Mike Dee would embarrass everyone but they are preparing for litigation"...and then nothing. That was October.

I love how I say a guy was a puppet, not a roaring success, and then there was something "off" about his departure, but I'm his agent. Dee could raise cash, but he's not high on my list. Better names have been floated here by far.

Wasn't trying to imply you were "wrong" on him - was more building off the point about something being off about his departure from the Padres. There was a ton of smoke initially and nothing ever came of it which leads me to believe it was nothing that was too ridiculous (as that surely would have leaked at some point).

If it was simply on the medical database, considering there 1) aren't any actual rules/protocols league-wide in MLB about injury reporting so technically they were only violating "unwritten rules and 2) that already was out well before Dee was fired (see: Preller's suspension), then I don't think that aligns with the what the rumor mill was implying last October.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:07 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The problem with DBS is the price points. It emptied out Conte Forum and fixed many long time season ticket holders to give up if not all of their seats at least half the number of seats they had for years. To make matters worse these seats have never been sold and yet no adjustments in pricing have been made. That is why I don't want Paquette.

I regularly talk to holders of those seats. The sale of donor seats is not the issue. The issue is they go unused. Whenever I'm in town, I get offered tickets to a hoops game. I went once last year and I left at the half. The DBS system may have its flaws, but it is not why Conte is empty. You can't give tickets away to that joke they are calling an ACC basketball program. Most donors are worried someone they know might see them on TV at the game and give them the business about the state of BC sports.

You should delete you account.

You telling him to delete his account is pretty rich.

If you think I'm paying a seat donation plus the cost of tickets to sit in those red seats you're out of your mind. Get rid of the seat donation and I'd buy them tomorrow
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:48 pm

I have had season tickets since Roberts Center. When DBS arrived I gave up 2 of my 4 seats. Those 2 seats have never been sold. That is a very common occurrence with every long time season ticket holder. Seats one section over that are in DBS now go to visiting fans.DBS really crushed hoops.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:02 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I have had season tickets since Roberts Center. When DBS arrived I gave up 2 of my 4 seats. Those 2 seats have never been sold. That is a very common occurrence with every long time season ticket holder. Seats one section over that are in DBS now go to visiting fans.DBS really crushed hoops.

We don't give red seats to visiting fans there chief. It's those folding chairs right behind the bench
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:08 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I have had season tickets since Roberts Center. When DBS arrived I gave up 2 of my 4 seats. Those 2 seats have never been sold. That is a very common occurrence with every long time season ticket holder. Seats one section over that are in DBS now go to visiting fans.DBS really crushed hoops.

We don't give red seats to visiting fans there chief. It's those folding chairs right behind the bench

As Teddy told corners recently, when you make shit up about things the rest of us attended you are less likely to get away with it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:21 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I think what hes getting at is that the seats are sold on stubhub to visiting fans. It still doesn't dismiss the facts however, DBS didn't gut attendance, its the program gargling balls for a decade
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Yes, the seats behind the visitors bench up 8 rows now go to the visiting teams fans. When most season ticket holders give up half their seats and those seats go unsold, DBS gutted the fan base. The losing has of course added to it, but BC had a strong following of long time season ticket holders who had all of those seats. How many people are going to donate $1,000 per seat plus the ticket cost for season tickets unless BC gets to Duke/UNC level? Not many if any is the answer.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:57 am

https://tmgcollegesports.com/2017/04/16 ... e-vollmar/
Ok... so... Blauds is claiming that 2 of the 3 finalists are Associate ADs. I will say that Mike Dee's name still gets brought up when I've asked around. Let me tell you straight out that... while I have heard many times that Mike Dee would be an "unmitigated disaster" from the folks who have said he is still a candidate... I would much prefer him over the Associate ADs. Mainly, because I fear the names that I had been given super-early in the process (including the chick Compliance Officer)... are still in play.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 am

HJS {l Wrote}:https://tmgcollegesports.com/2017/04/16/do-the-dots-connect-between-bc-and-mike-vollmar/
Ok... so... Blauds is claiming that 2 of the 3 finalists are Associate ADs. I will say that Mike Dee's name still gets brought up when I've asked around. Let me tell you straight out that... while I have heard many times that Mike Dee would be an "unmitigated disaster" from the folks who have said he is still a candidate... I would much prefer him over the Associate ADs. Mainly, because I fear the names that I had been given super-early in the process (including the chick Compliance Officer)... are still in play.

Blauds is just making things up and doing favors now. Vollmar is not in the mix.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium