2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Addazio has one problem that can be fixed that would get him to TOB level mediocrity. Stop being so goddamn stubborn, leave Loeffler alone and let someone that knows how to manage the clock, like Pasquiloni, manage the clock. Addazio should be a manager and stop pretending he's Belichick, with a top down approach to everything. That'd get you two more wins a year right there.

To get past the TOB level, he'd need to recruit more of the better athletes like Smith and Landry. But for now, I'd take more throw game, better in-game clock management and 8-9 wins.

He seemed to defer to Pasqualoni a lot this year. If you noticed, PP seemed to be near him most games discussing things. The bowl game gives me optimism that Loeffler will open it up a bit this year. I sure as shit hope so because I can't take any more of these dreadful 6-7 win seasons.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:19 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:But Don's record was skewed by taking over a decent Skinner squad (granting he did improve the W-L record by 6 games). Take away Reggie Jackson, who Don lost with a year of eligibility left, and you get what we got. That doesn't disprove your point, but supports my vague feeling that Christian, still not an ACC-caliber coach who needs to go, is better than Donahue

Yeah... but Christian's record is similarly bouyed by Don's holdovers. Take away Hanlan, Heckman, Jackson and a healthy Clifford and you would get what you got the following year... 0-fer-the-ACC.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:51 am

I don't think retaining Don would've been shocking but not talking about it with the President would be. It's why despite what Don tells his buddies I don't think Bates did gave him assurances.

BTW Don is probably marginally better than JC.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:People keep referencing Don's "record" as being so bad that retention would have been a shocking decision requiring Leahy approval.

Don's winning percentage at BC was higher in conference (.353) than Christian's overall winning percentage (.302). As an apples-to-apples comparison, Don's overall winning percentage was .415 and Christian's conference winning percentage is .111. To come close to Don's winning percentage, Christian would have to win 25-games next year while going a perfect 18-0 in conference. Even after such a run, Christian would have to be fired as his record would be so deplorable that retention would have been a shocking result.

:suicide
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:14 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Addazio has one problem that can be fixed that would get him to TOB level mediocrity. Stop being so goddamn stubborn, leave Loeffler alone and let someone that knows how to manage the clock, like Pasquiloni, manage the clock. Addazio should be a manager and stop pretending he's Belichick, with a top down approach to everything. That'd get you two more wins a year right there.

To get past the TOB level, he'd need to recruit more of the better athletes like Smith and Landry. But for now, I'd take more throw game, better in-game clock management and 8-9 wins.

This is pretty accurate but I don't think it will happen. Also, Daz' talent evaluation is pretty awful on the offensive end. Maybe that could be solved if he was more hands off with Loeffler, but its something that he would need to address before he got to 8-9 wins.

The first half of the bowl game could be a sign, at least HockeyRuption and hansen think so. Or it could be more TOB bowlshit, where you always asked "where the fuck was that?" after Deep Sea Dana opened it up in a meaningless game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:49 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:I don't think retaining Don would've been shocking but not talking about it with the President would be. It's why despite what Don tells his buddies I don't think Bates did gave him assurances.

BTW Don is probably marginally better than JC.

Apparently Don lives near me so instead of punching him in the face when I run into him at the Acme, I will ask what went down with Bates and Leahy-hoo in the days leading up to his dismissal. Once he has given me an answer I will punch him.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Michael Sullivan‏ @MichaelJSully 59m59 minutes ago
More
Confirmed: @BostonCollege has hired Parker Executive Search for the next athletic director.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby tallsy on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Addazio's 57. He's not going to change. We just have to pray that a quality QB emerges. Because despite what the rating services say, I do think the recruiting's improved.

Some of the other rumored candidates would have been a spectacular disaster in football (Hazell, Diaco, etc.).

I'm trying to remember the last football bridesmaid to be successful after being a candidate, either post Henning, TOBY, Jagz, or Spaz. Hoops is obviously very different.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

This is pretty accurate but I don't think it will happen. Also, Daz' talent evaluation is pretty awful on the offensive end. Maybe that could be solved if he was more hands off with Loeffler, but its something that he would need to address before he got to 8-9 wins.

The first half of the bowl game could be a sign, at least HockeyRuption and hansen think so. Or it could be more TOB bowlshit, where you always asked "where the fuck was that?" after Deep Sea Dana opened it up in a meaningless game.

Fuck, even I am starting to second guess myself after that hockeyerection comment. Way to piss on my parade.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

Fuck, even I am starting to second guess myself after that hockeyerection comment. Way to piss on my parade.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Good lord Hansen.

It's not "Hockeyerection." It's Hockeyrection. You've done this twice, and that's counting your amateurish double post just now as only one. The cleverness of the phrase, you see, is that the word hockey ends in an e sound and the word erection begins with an e sound, and thus you can combine the two words into one slick whole (that turn of phrase catch your attention?). Your abomination, "hockeyerection," is just an unwieldy appendage of the second word to the end of the first, ignoring the glaringly obvious opportunity to elide the e sounds. No part of this is complex.

Good lord
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Good lord Hansen.

It's not "Hockeyerection." It's Hockeyrection. You've done this twice, and that's counting your amateurish double post just now as only one. The cleverness of the phrase, you see, is that the word hockey ends in an e sound and the word erection begins with an e sound, and thus you can combine the two words into one slick whole (that turn of phrase catch your attention?). Your abomination, "hockeyerection," is just an unwieldy appendage of the second word to the end of the first, ignoring the glaringly obvious opportunity to elide the e sounds. No part of this is complex.

Good lord

Yeah! Get is right Hansen! :roll:
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Why do I have this sick feeling in my stomach that Meat Baum will get serious consideration for this job?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:54 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Why do I have this sick feeling in my stomach that Meat Baum will get serious consideration for this job?

Nope. But I could see his old boss Pernetti in the mix.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:57 pm

There are a few good hoop coaches BC could turn to after next season starting with Hurley at URI. Xavier coach is another. There's talent available, BC just has to put up the money and we will just keep cycling through garbage coaches every 4 years.

It's more difficult in football finding the right coach, but there is no excuse for BC not having a very good basketball program. Of course they do need a practice facility that could easily be part of the new IPF as people have suggested.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:01 am

I sat behind ed Cooley on he Amtrak yesterday. Nothing insightful other than he was blasting Jackson 5 on sbheadphones.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:There are a few good hoop coaches BC could turn to after next season starting with Hurley at URI. Xavier coach is another. There's talent available, BC just has to put up the money and we will just keep cycling through garbage coaches every 4 years.

It's more difficult in football finding the right coach, but there is no excuse for BC not having a very good basketball program. Of course they do need a practice facility that could easily be part of the new IPF as people have suggested.

Chris Mack wouldn't come to BC for 10 million a year. Stop acting like you have a clue with this stuff
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:03 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I sat behind ed Cooley on he Amtrak yesterday. Nothing insightful other than he was blasting Jackson 5 on sbheadphones.

i was on boylston saturday and saw addazio get pulled over by boston police. nothing insightful other than it looked like he was going to dinner.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 am

"That's not blood on the fender, officer. It's kecthup"
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:36 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I sat behind ed Cooley on he Amtrak yesterday. Nothing insightful other than he was blasting Jackson 5 on sbheadphones.

i was on boylston saturday and saw addazio get pulled over by boston police. nothing insightful other than it looked like he was going to dinner.

dear boston police,

please make a habit of this. i would love to hear that this thin skinned rectal wart is getting treated like a tailgater on shea field halfway through the first quarter. i truly and honestly do not like the man.

your pal,

tre
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:28 pm

While an asst at BC around 2000/2001, he gave a pregame speech about getting a blowjob which was an allegory for winning the game. Went on for at least five minutes. Me trying to retell it would not do it justice so I won't even attempt to. Ended it with "go and get the blowjob". One of my favorite stories from the Skinner regime.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:41 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

While an asst at BC around 2000/2001, he gave a pregame speech about getting a blowjob which was an allegory for winning the game. Went on for at least five minutes. Me trying to retell it would not do it justice so I won't even attempt to. Ended it with "go and get the blowjob". One of my favorite stories from the Skinner regime.

So, did you give him the blowjob or what?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:44 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

maybe that explains why hansen's hair was all weird and patchy. i thought it was just the aids
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:15 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

no

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:07 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Surprised he didn't get the BC job the two times it's been open. What with Cooley's ability to relate basketball to a subject Bill allegedly is an expert in.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:29 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Surprised he didn't get the BC job the two times it's been open. What with Cooley's ability to relate basketball to a subject Bill allegedly is an expert in.

Uncalled for. Seriously reinforces impression that this forum is populated by fringe misfits and undercuts any influence our criticisms, as a reflection of wider BC fandom views, might have on the administration. (This from someone usually sympathetic to HJS, here straining for a laugh. Best to remove his post and my comment.)
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:56 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:... Best to remove his post and my comment.

and have him redouble his efforts to spread the rumors about leahy? no thanks
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:48 am

Sorry. I brought up Cooley. Is it my fault the basketball weirdos are here?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:... Best to remove his post and my comment.

and have him redouble his efforts to spread the rumors about leahy? no thanks

I am just regurgitating posts raised on the shiny, happy EA board. Regardless, I truly don't like the man like TRE despises Dazoo. So, since I am not the origin of the rumors, I have no problem reminding that such are out in the public.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Uncalled for. Seriously reinforces impression that this forum is populated by fringe misfits and undercuts any influence our criticisms, as a reflection of wider BC fandom views, might have on the administration. (This from someone usually sympathetic to HJS, here straining for a laugh. Best to remove his post and my comment.)

This board is a collection of fringe misfits, we are real sports fans. At BC that's an oddity. Wider BC fandom can fuck itself, its terrible.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium