2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Postby thebs19 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:06 am

Pete Thamel just posted an article naming him the strong front runner, to be completed by end of the week.

This looks...really good.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby thebs19 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:07 am

Do wonder if this means an indefinite reprieve for Addazio though given his weirdly strong ties to Meyer and the whole tOSU football enterprise.

I'll take it though.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:10 am

ATL just got put in a body bag faster than Aaron Hernandez.

Thamel coming in hot like 10 minutes after ATL categorically denies Jarmond.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 am

Thamel's article on Jarmond to BC: https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... ohio-state
Sign me up! Sets up perfectly for Schiano in 2018.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:26 am

This is way too good to be true for us.

Please lord prove me wrong.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:29 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Thamel's article on Jarmond to BC: https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... ohio-state

:chewbanka
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:38 am

ATL's doubling down on his "no way" stance. I mean, I dunno. If I've learned anything it's that if we're going to like it, it probably won't happen so :shrug
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Thamel's article on Jarmond to BC: https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... ohio-state

just like you predicted, mo'j
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:42 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I never heard him before this morning. So, if an announcement is scheduled within 24-hours... yes... I will be proven correct. Thanks for the props.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 am

LEAD1‏ @lead1acom 20m20 minutes ago
More
LEAD1 ASSOCIATION congrats Martin Jarmon from Ohio State on ascending 2 "The Chair" as new AD at Boston College! Welcome to LEAD!NATION!
---------------------

Do we have confirmation?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:57 am

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Jarmond looks good, especially compared to the other dreck rumored so far.

They're going to get my hopes up and then crush them aren't they?

I think this is the key point. Compared to the other garbage floated as possibilities (like the female compliance officer), this seems like a homerun. Its outside the box and hes young/will work/not just sit back and have fake town hall meetings and do nothing.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:59 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Jarmond looks good, especially compared to the other dreck rumored so far.

They're going to get my hopes up and then crush them aren't they?

I think this is the key point. Compared to the other garbage floated as possibilities (like the female compliance officer), this seems like a homerun. Its outside the box and hes young/will work/not just sit back and have fake town hall meetings and do nothing.

Yeah, anyone looks good after Dee and the ND attorney.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:07 am

Jarmond is from North Carolina. Makes some sense that he'd be open to coming back east to the ACC
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:15 am

I'm still waiting for the Meat Baum to drop.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Jarmond is from North Carolina. Makes some sense that he'd be open to coming back east to the ACC

red font
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:18 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:LEAD1‏ @lead1acom 20m20 minutes ago
More
LEAD1 ASSOCIATION congrats Martin Jarmon from Ohio State on ascending 2 "The Chair" as new AD at Boston College! Welcome to LEAD!NATION!
---------------------

I had to look it up but LEAD1 is the D1A Athletic Directors’ Association.
http://collegead.com/lead1-association/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:32 am

ATL is like the anti-HJS
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:34 am

I can't think of a better place more equipped to wipe that goddamn smile off his face.
Nothing about BC makes you feel that way.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:15 am

While we bathe in momentary optimism over something that suspiciously seems like (unconfirmed) good news, let me point out some inconvenient truths. Jarmond’s experience at Michigan State and THE Ohio State has zero correlation with whatever the eff he has in front of him at BC. At Big State U, non-alums donate to be part of the experience like Southies buy Starter ND jackets. At BC, instead of a pool of hundreds of thousands potential targets, it's about shaking down the same handful of alums whose pockets have already been picked by every other part of the University. The institutional support at MSU and OSU are unparalleled and nothing like the adversarial relationship our institution has with athletics. Finally, there is the small unfortunate fact that Jarmond has never hired a coach or spent time on an academic campus.

All that said… he is an incredible departure from BC. For those who wanted the mold broken, this would be it. To that end, no one could have had more of a BC-perfect resume than Bates. At the end of the day... it’s not the experience… it’s not the resume. It all comes down to the person.

If Jarmond knows the mess he’s walking into and sees it as an incredible opportunity to prove himself capable of succeeding in the most challenging of environments… we may have blind-squirreled ourselves into the first good thing to happen to athletics in a decade. Otherwise, we will be stuck with another well-meaning career administrator overwhelmed by the peculiarities of the job... who will be shocked that the fans aren’t supportive of HCRD and Pat Skerry as replacements.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:17 am

HJS {l Wrote}:While we bathe in momentary optimism over something that suspiciously seems like (unconfirmed) good news, let me point out some inconvenient truths. Jarmond’s experience at Michigan State and THE Ohio State has zero correlation with whatever the eff he has in front of him at BC. At Big State U, non-alums donate to be part of the experience like Southies buy Starter ND jackets. At BC, instead of a pool of hundreds of thousands potential targets, it's about shaking down the same handful of alums whose pockets have already been picked by every other part of the University. The institutional support at MSU and OSU are unparalleled and nothing like the adversarial relationship our institution has with athletics. Finally, there is the small unfortunate fact that Jarmond has never hired a coach or spent time on an academic campus.

All that said… he is an incredible departure from BC. For those who wanted the mold broken, this would be it. To that end, no one could have had more of a BC-perfect resume than Bates. At the end of the day... it’s not the experience… it’s not the resume. It all comes down to the person.

If Jarmond knows the mess he’s walking into and sees it as an incredible opportunity to prove himself capable of succeeding in the most challenging of environments… we may have blind-squirreled ourselves into the first good thing to happen to athletics in a decade. Otherwise, we will be stuck with another well-meaning career administrator overwhelmed by the peculiarities of the job... who will be shocked that the fans aren’t supportive of HCRD and Pat Skerry as replacements.

This is what gives me hope. Makes me think Leahy and the Board might actually be changing the entire structure of athletics administration along with his hiring.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:24 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:While we bathe in momentary optimism over something that suspiciously seems like (unconfirmed) good news, let me point out some inconvenient truths. Jarmond’s experience at Michigan State and THE Ohio State has zero correlation with whatever the eff he has in front of him at BC. At Big State U, non-alums donate to be part of the experience like Southies buy Starter ND jackets. At BC, instead of a pool of hundreds of thousands potential targets, it's about shaking down the same handful of alums whose pockets have already been picked by every other part of the University. The institutional support at MSU and OSU are unparalleled and nothing like the adversarial relationship our institution has with athletics. Finally, there is the small unfortunate fact that Jarmond has never hired a coach or spent time on an academic campus.

This is what gives me hope. Makes me think Leahy and the Board might actually be changing the entire structure of athletics administration along with his hiring.

Let's not go crazy here...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:25 am

For what it it worth, the people I consort with about BC seem to be excited by the hire. At least according to the e-mails I'm getting, telling me I was all wrong about my predictions of doom.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:25 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:31 am

He will be a success if he can hire two or three good coaches. That's it. Not rocket science.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:36 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

I never heard him before this morning. So, if an announcement is scheduled within 24-hours... yes... I will be proven correct. Thanks for the props.

as long as his contract is signed and he is announced prior to midnight tonight... otherwise you are a buffoon
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:36 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

as long as his contract is signed and he is announced prior to midnight tonight... otherwise you are a buffoon
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:48 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:He will be a success if he can hire two or three good coaches. That's it. Not rocket science.

The hockey decision should effectively be made by JY, he deserves the right to name his successor.

If he can raise money (HJS is correct it's a diff scenario here than at B1G state schools where he has been) hopefully the other decisions are easier. He needs to hit the ground running to be set up for a potential FB change post '17 with certain individuals out there potentially looking for work. I've been told by someone in CT close to Addazio he is very concerned with Bates being out in regards to his employment going forward, he sees the writing on the wall
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:49 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:He will be a success if he can hire two or three good coaches. That's it. Not rocket science.

The hockey decision should effectively be made by JY, he deserves the right to name his successor.

If he can raise money (HJS is correct it's a diff scenario here than at B1G state schools where he has been) hopefully the other decisions are easier. He needs to hit the ground running to be set up for a potential FB change post '17 with certain individuals out there potentially looking for work. I've been told by someone in CT close to Addazio he is very concerned with Bates being out in regards to his employment going forward, he sees the writing on the wall

In that case he's smarter than he lets on via his clock management acumen
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:53 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

In that case he's smarter than he lets on via his clock management acumen

wow back to back days of very good posts, i'll remember that for asshat voting season
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

PreviousNext