2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Postby angrychicken on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:31 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:Stephen S.

Stephen Strasburg?

No

Sarkisian?

Nope. Stephen Smallpeppy.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:35 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:Stephen S.

Stephen Strasburg?

No

Sarkisian?

Nope. Stephen Smallpeppy.

Steve Schirripa?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:24 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Lets all give a list of names we would be disappointed by and then choose from that list.

I think Addazio will be the next AD.

Jerry Sandusky
Tyrome Willingham
Rex Ryan
Chaz Bono
Scrush
Lou Holtz
Rosie Ruiz
Charlie Weiss
Gary Tranquill
Mike Shiano
Ray Lewis
Lane Kiffin
Gary Tranquill
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:28 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Lets all give a list of names we would be disappointed by and then choose from that list.

I think Addazio will be the next AD.

Jerry Sandusky
Tyrome Willingham
Rex Ryan
Chaz Bono
Scrush
Lou Holtz
Rosie Ruiz
Charlie Weiss
Gary Tranquill
Mike Shiano
Ray Lewis
Lane Kiffin
Gary Tranquill

Some of this was surprisingly funny. :kudos
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:57 pm

I'd really like to be the next AD and I'd be willing to do it gratis so Leahy would save some coin and it would be a win-win for everyone involved. I would raise money by inviting fans to attend events where they could pelt Addazio with batteries (I would not fire him at this point as I do not believe we could get a suitable long term replacement and I think I could generate a lot of money humiliating him this season). As for Christian, I would fire him and replace him with the EO Coaching Staff for the upcoming season. I think it is a gimmick upon which we could generate revenue while getting prepared to pursue a suitable candidate after next season. Jerry York would be left to his own devices and I would bring back men's lacrosse and make it a scholarship sport (I would add some scholarships for female cheerleaders to meet Title IX requirements, as I do not want to continue to encourage any further growth in women's sports which generate zero revenue or fan interest and are incredibly boring to watch.). I also promise to hold press conferences castigating the women's hockey program for choking in big games and would explore the possibility of having them play there games at the Cleveland Circle rink unless or until they actually could win a championship and draw more fans than Tuba Steak and his deeply closeted and self-loathing bretheren. In short, i would make BC athletics great again and I would make BU pay for it. God bless BC and no other school.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:19 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: As for Christian, I would fire him and replace him with the EO Coaching Staff for the upcoming season.

I'm ok with this as long as we can throw batteries at them as well. AAA for hepstein.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:35 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: As for Christian, I would fire him and replace him with the EO Coaching Staff for the upcoming season.

I'm ok with this as long as we can throw batteries at them as well. AAA for hepstein.

I was thinking car/truck batteries for micro
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:38 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I thought you didn't like sports.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

He doesn't, but he's a HUGE battery freak.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:50 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

He doesn't, but he's a HUGE battery freak.

this. if I planned to attend a battery throwing exhibition and a basketball game were to break out, I'd likely stick around to watch the basketball
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:58 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:Article posted on Sports Business Daily (registration required), preview says Parker Search "has begun contacting people who are not on a list of finalists" and that the list is "expected to be no longer than four names." I have NOT been contacted yet.

That is a link to a Blauds article. The search is expected to be completed by the middle of April and Leahy has the final decision:

https://tmgcollegesports.com/2017/03/29/bc-closing-in-on-new-ad/

Blauds says Mclaughlin, Corrigan and Mark Jackson. Paquette was not considered.

Really the only good news from this is that there is a search committee.

I would be very satisfied with any of those 3. However, as we have all learned from prior Leahy searches, the fourth undisclosed name will be the one hired... and will somehow be worse than her predecessor.

The "mystery candidate."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:42 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:Article posted on Sports Business Daily (registration required), preview says Parker Search "has begun contacting people who are not on a list of finalists" and that the list is "expected to be no longer than four names." I have NOT been contacted yet.

That is a link to a Blauds article. The search is expected to be completed by the middle of April and Leahy has the final decision:

I would be very satisfied with any of those 3. However, as we have all learned from prior Leahy searches, the fourth undisclosed name will be the one hired... and will somehow be worse than her predecessor.

The "mystery candidate."

Is this the same thing as the mysterious stranger? If so, I've already expressed my objection.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:07 pm

I hear the search firm sent something like 20 names to the search committee. The committee then reviewed each candidate's portfolio and sent a reject list to the search firm. If that's the case, it means there's really no search going on. They just paid for a database of dossiers, but maybe that's just how it done. I also hear the pool of candidates was pretty weak initially. Maybe that's just the process, but I got the impression that this may take a while.

Supposedly, the committee will settle on three finalists and Leahy will make the final call based on his intuition.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:11 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:13 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:

The "mystery candidate."

Is he from Houston?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

TWB, Claver and myself could do no worse than than that 0-18 year our current coach put together.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:40 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:I hear the search firm sent something like 20 names to the search committee. The committee then reviewed each candidate's portfolio and sent a reject list to the search firm. If that's the case, it means there's really no search going on. They just paid for a database of dossiers, but maybe that's just how it done. I also hear the pool of candidates was pretty weak initially. Maybe that's just the process, but I got the impression that this may take a while.

Supposedly, the committee will settle on three finalists and Leahy will make the final call based on his intuition.

There is no committee. The BOT is not at all involved. It is just Bill. He is discussing it with only two others. Trainor and Butler are serving the role previously held by Leo. This is 100% Bill Leahy's hire... for better or (most likely) worse.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:40 pm

There has not been a "search committee" for any hire for at least 30 years. The employees run BC, not the Trustees.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:32 pm

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:43 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:46 pm

This is accurate...
But after watching more than 20 years of drama at BC in terms of hirings and firings, here’s a chilling conclusion.

It doesn’t matter if BC hires Elmer Fudd or Elmer Gantry as the new athletic director. As long as BC President Father William Leahy runs the direction of the athletic department with an iron fist, there will be no major changes or progress made in getting BC out of the swamp of mediocrity and indifference that now exists.

As an elite school in a Power 5 conference with strong academic credentials in a world class city, the job as the AD at BC should be one of the more coveted jobs in college athletics.

It is not.

This is typical Blaud...
BC athletics is now at the lowest stage possible–indifference from the fan base. Changes need to be made in the way BC does its athletic business. There are too many sports, with two few people, stretched too thin to manage them. And there isn’t enough room on campus.

Perhaps, instead of hiring a new AD, we should simply hire the 2 people we are short.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:39 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
This is typical Blaud...
BC athletics is now at the lowest stage possible–indifference from the fan base. Changes need to be made in the way BC does its athletic business. There are too many sports, with two few people, stretched too thin to manage them. And there isn’t enough room on campus.

Perhaps, instead of hiring a new AD, we should simply hire the 2 people we are short.

:whammy
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:08 pm

This isn't the worst article I've ever seen him write.

There is again no need for BC to have 31 sports, it's just ridiculous.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:40 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Holy sh!t - Mike Dee!!! :suicide

Why?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Someone who has never posted before to EA has posted within the last hour that it is a "lock" Leahy is picking Jim Paquette.

:bag
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Notably, as one other poster points out, the last time somebody created an account to post such news, it was "Don Brown to Michigan."

And we all know how that turned out.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:59 pm

And that he's choosing Paquette over Tom Bowen and Mark Jackson.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:05 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:And that he's choosing Paquette over Tom Bowen and Mark Jackson.

The fact Eaglekeeper hates this hire makes me think it might be a good one.

With that said you have to be incredibly tone deaf to hire GDFs right hand man. In fairness to Gene, we were good in sports when he was here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:And that he's choosing Paquette over Tom Bowen and Mark Jackson.

With that said you have to be incredibly tone deaf to hire GDFs right hand man. In fairness to Gene, we were good in sports when he was here.

Leahy gonna Leahy
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:08 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Leahy gonna Leahy

I find this report odd because Paquette was apparently told he was out a while ago
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium