2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:52 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There is no way BC is going to hire GDFs righ hand man. Absolutely none.

I just think it is awesome that bowtie didn't even get the really dumb joke I attributed to him, and then lost his shit in a rant accusing me of wanting Skinner gone, when I was one of 3 (caddy and hjs) that said he deserved a year. That's Interwebs winning shit right there.

I'd step in front of a bus as he suggests, but if he's driving it's probably too short to do much damage.

OK I think I get it. Ha Ha Ha ! What a humorous pun! Having never heard of him, I would assume that Paquette would have a similar pronunciation to Marquette or Dan Duquette, rather than Pack It. You really deserve the credit for this gem. So why did you attribute it to me? Don't let me steal your thunder, you are the pun savant.

Al Skinner deserved another year? How generous of you. After 9 winning seasons, an almost final 4 appearance, 7 NCAA tournaments and a final year record of 15 and 16 you are willing to give him one more year? Full retard.

I attributed it to because you are a moron, and it was apt.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There is no way BC is going to hire GDFs righ hand man. Absolutely none.

I just think it is awesome that bowtie didn't even get the really dumb joke I attributed to him, and then lost his shit in a rant accusing me of wanting Skinner gone, when I was one of 3 (caddy and hjs) that said he deserved a year. That's Interwebs winning shit right there.

I'd step in front of a bus as he suggests, but if he's driving it's probably too short to do much damage.

OK I think I get it. Ha Ha Ha ! What a humorous pun! Having never heard of him, I would assume that Paquette would have a similar pronunciation to Marquette or Dan Duquette, rather than Pack It. You really deserve the credit for this gem. So why did you attribute it to me? Don't let me steal your thunder, you are the pun savant.

Al Skinner deserved another year? How generous of you. After 9 winning seasons, an almost final 4 appearance, 7 NCAA tournaments and a final year record of 15 and 16 you are willing to give him one more year? Full retard.

So if you are the one that creates a moronic pun, doesn't that make you the moron rather than myself?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

So if you are the one that creates a moronic pun, doesn't that make you the moron rather than myself?

Jesus Christ.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus Christ.

Gluten Industrial Complex
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:34 pm

This may be the worst :slapfight in the history of terrible board slapfights.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:41 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This may be the worst :slapfight in the history of terrible board slapfights.

Agreed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus Christ.

I don't think..." then you shouldn't talk, said the Hatter.”
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus Christ.

Not a real shock that the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is your go-to for guidance on rhetoric.

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Maybe you two should step outside and duquette out like men.

I predict ghost will win this fight. Marquette down.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Maybe you two should step outside and duquette out like men.

I predict ghost will win this fight. Marquette down.

I just hope Sean Marshall isn't reading this board.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus Christ.

Not a real shock that the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is your go-to for guidance on rhetoric.

Ok, so I guess that you can copy a picture of a bow tie. What point are you trying to make? Do you use this tactic in court? Is it effective with dumb juries?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:53 pm

ghost is pissing in teddy's mouth and all teddy can do is drink up
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:21 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:ghost is pissing in teddy's mouth and all teddy can do is drink up

I laughed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:ghost is pissing in teddy's mouth and all teddy can do is drink up

I laughed.

... sweet lemonade...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFBqiUgspg

IB is still watching, waiting for the payoff.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:57 am

I only caught a minute of it but Brad Bates was on the Celtics pre-game talking up the fall football schedule. It was bizarre as there was no mention of him leaving in June. Did anyone see it?

I didn't really get the context. I was flipping channels and it cut to Tom Curran starting his interview.

"I have BC Athletic Director Brad Bates here and tell us about the fall schedule for BC Football...."

He hyped all the home games plus the game at Fenway even though that is not a "home" game.

It was somewhat odd.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:59 am

how was his hair? did he look like he was wearing an ass for a hat?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles66 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:02 am

Article posted on Sports Business Daily (registration required), preview says Parker Search "has begun contacting people who are not on a list of finalists" and that the list is "expected to be no longer than four names." I have NOT been contacted yet.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:24 am

You could honestly have a season ticket holder town hall and it would give you a list just as good as the search firms. Even at BC we have enough rabid weirdos to do a pretty good search
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:31 am

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:Article posted on Sports Business Daily (registration required), preview says Parker Search "has begun contacting people who are not on a list of finalists" and that the list is "expected to be no longer than four names." I have NOT been contacted yet.

That is a link to a Blauds article. The search is expected to be completed by the middle of April and Leahy has the final decision:

https://tmgcollegesports.com/2017/03/29/bc-closing-in-on-new-ad/

Blauds says Mclaughlin, Corrigan and Mark Jackson. Paquette was not considered.

Really the only good news from this is that there is a search committee.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:40 am

If 8 or 9 wins is the best you can do here is in serious consideration, the athletic department can fuck right off.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:41 am

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:Article posted on Sports Business Daily (registration required), preview says Parker Search "has begun contacting people who are not on a list of finalists" and that the list is "expected to be no longer than four names." I have NOT been contacted yet.

That is a link to a Blauds article. The search is expected to be completed by the middle of April and Leahy has the final decision:

I would be very satisfied with any of those 3. However, as we have all learned from prior Leahy searches, the fourth undisclosed name will be the one hired... and will somehow be worse than her predecessor.

EDIT: After reading the article, I am now realizing that Gumshoe doesn't say those three are finalists. Just that they could be finalists... as could "someone from the private sector"... as could "a wild card entry of people with a strong BC connection (Tom O’Brien)." However, before you think you can pin-down Marky Mark on actual verifiable statement, he then hedges that out of that universe (which is essentially the entirety of the world's population) "it is uncertain whether those candidates are interested in BC." The only info actually relayed is that Paquette is not a finalist. Essentially, the entire article could have been condenced into a 10-word sentence... but then you would have missed out on the prose we've all grown to expect from Blauds.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:14 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:

I would be very satisfied with any of those 3. However, as we have all learned from prior Leahy searches, the fourth undisclosed name will be the one hired... and will somehow be worse than her predecessor.

EDIT: After reading the article, I am now realizing that Gumshoe doesn't say those three are finalists. Just that they could be finalists... as could "someone from the private sector"... as could "a wild card entry of people with a strong BC connection (Tom O’Brien)." However, before you think you can pin-down Marky Mark on actual verifiable statement, he then hedges that out of that universe (which is essentially the entirety of the world's population) "it is uncertain whether those candidates are interested in BC." The only info actually relayed is that Paquette is not a finalist. Essentially, the entire article could have been condenced into a 10-word sentence... but then you would have missed out on the prose we've all grown to expect from Blauds.

Nice catch that it was Blauds. I apologize for wasting everyone's time. Carry on....
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Lets all give a list of names we would be disappointed by and then choose from that list.

I think Addazio will be the next AD.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:37 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Lets all give a list of names we would be disappointed by and then choose from that list.

I think Addazio will be the next AD.

Meat Baum
John DeFilippo
Amy Poehler
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:06 pm

marin eagle
paul reubens
setti warren
myles brand