2017-18 Coaching Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017-18 Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby flakes on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Not sure our pussy-ass admin would have ever touched Lane Kiffin, but man FAU is getting a bargain at 950k. I have never been so down about our program.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Interesting to see if Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan for the Rams job. He is rumored to be a possible replacement. I don't think he jumps ship this early.

They are also looking at Pete Carroll. Ultimately, Kroenke has more money than pretty much anyone. He just tripled the value of his franchise by moving them to LA. He has a team that is in the early stages of a rebuild. Huge pressure on the NFL to make the LA thing a success. If Chargers agree to move there within the month, Kroenke will have to compete for the hearts and minds of the community. I can see them paying $8mm per. Anyone would move for that opportunity... Harbaugh and Carroll included.

Paul Allen says hello.

Also, The city is already struggling to fill the stadium in its first year back.
Why the fuck would the NFL want to move a second team there?
Also, if I am Pete Carroll no way I leave Seattle and it's passionate fanbase and solid ownership for la la land.

Kroenke's close enough to Allen, he's married to a Walton.

Either way he is in the top 2.

As for why would the NFL move the Chargers to LA... because that is what they announced last year.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Ch ... 20466.html
Pretty much all reports out of SD has Spanos exercising his option to move as soon as the season is over.

I understand that the Chargers have the option to move but I just don't see the advantages of moving the team. It seems like the only that benefits from a move is Spanos.
NFL sucks.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:22 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Allen and Kroenke have boatloads of $$$, they own multiple sports teams each (Pssssssssst - including soccer teams).

Also think the second LA soccer team is not the best idea either although it makes a lot more sense than the second NFL team.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:24 pm

No campaigning, hansen.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:30 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Interesting to see if Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan for the Rams job. He is rumored to be a possible replacement. I don't think he jumps ship this early.

They are also looking at Pete Carroll. Ultimately, Kroenke has more money than pretty much anyone. He just tripled the value of his franchise by moving them to LA. He has a team that is in the early stages of a rebuild. Huge pressure on the NFL to make the LA thing a success. If Chargers agree to move there within the month, Kroenke will have to compete for the hearts and minds of the community. I can see them paying $8mm per. Anyone would move for that opportunity... Harbaugh and Carroll included.

Paul Allen says hello.

Also, The city is already struggling to fill the stadium in its first year back.
Also, if I am Pete Carroll no way I leave Seattle and it's passionate fanbase and solid ownership for la la land.

As for why would the NFL move the Chargers to LA... because that is what they announced last year.
Pretty much all reports out of SD has Spanos exercising his option to move as soon as the season is over.

I understand that the Chargers have the option to move but I just don't see the advantages of moving the team. It seems like the only that benefits from a move is Spanos.
NFL sucks.

The NFL does not want the Chargers to move. The Spanos family (or all but Dean who lives in La Jolla) want to move. The Chargers stadium is awful and the City won't help build a new one.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Paul Allen says hello.

NFL sucks.

The NFL does not want the Chargers to move. The Spanos family (or all but Dean who lives in La Jolla) want to move. The Chargers stadium is awful and the City won't help build a new one.

Why did the owners vote to let him move the team then?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Paul Petrino.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:47 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Paul Petrino.

Paul Petrino is the Rob Ryan of college football.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:56 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Paul Petrino.

Paul Petrino is the Rob Ryan of college football.

Explain
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:30 am

With Yukon job open, if we had an AD, it would be the perfect opportunity to tell Dazoo he'd be free to take the job without penalty. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if UConn focused on Third Down. However, if they hire Neal Brown (or even Jeff Moorhead) they would immediately be better than us.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:24 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:With Yukon job open, if we had an AD, it would be the perfect opportunity to tell Dazoo he'd be free to take the job without penalty. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if UConn focused on Third Down. However, if they hire Neal Brown (or even Jeff Moorhead) they would immediately be better than us.

Again you're on drugs.

No coach was solving the talent disaster UConn had
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:With Yukon job open, if we had an AD, it would be the perfect opportunity to tell Dazoo he'd be free to take the job without penalty. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if UConn focused on Third Down. However, if they hire Neal Brown (or even Jeff Moorhead) they would immediately be better than us.

Again you're on drugs.

No coach was solving the talent disaster UConn had

Not even your savior, HCRD???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:17 pm

Let me get this straight. Moorhead would be a small time hire and disaster at BC. But if UConn hires him, they would be better than BC. That is some good HJSing.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:53 pm

A lot of rumors pointing to Moorhead as the next UConn coach
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:07 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:A lot of rumors pointing to Moorhead as the next UConn coach

Who gives a shit

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:38 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Let me get this straight. Moorhead would be a small time hire and disaster at BC. But if UConn hires him, they would be better than BC. That is some good HJSing.

Jeff Moorhead is definitely not going to be the next coach of sUeConn football. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:25 pm

Hey Jhiggi, NCST just punted on 4th and 4 from the opponents 34 yard line...but yes they'll be awesome next year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:46 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

BC isn't that much farther ahead of UConn. Moorhead is a better coach than Daz.

The problem here is a discrepancy regarding what your goal of the program is. Being better than what we are under Daz should not be the goal for the next coach. But, perhaps that is all Blogboy is hoping for. It would make sense why he still supports HCRD.

My statement has much more to do with how bad we are than it is how super awesome the OC of Ped State is.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:40 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

The problem here is a discrepancy regarding what your goal of the program is. Being better than what we are under Daz should not be the goal for the next coach. But, perhaps that is all Blogboy is hoping for. It would make sense why he still supports HCRD.

My statement has much more to do with how bad we are than it is how super awesome the OC of Ped State is.

BC is miles ahead of UConn.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:06 pm

Three of four of Addazio's seasons at BC wound up ending as winning seasons. Thus ends anything good I will say about Steve Addazio's coaching ability at Boston College.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:32 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

We lost 202-24 to Clemson/VT/FSU/Louisville and shutout UCONN 30-0. We're light years ahead of UCONN.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:30 pm

There was some interesting speculation on Mike & Mike this morning regarding Wrecks Ryan's future now that he is out with the Bills. Some guys can have success in college but not in the NFL and vice versa. Could Wrecks have the skill set to be successful in college where he failed in the NFL?

Even though Ryan can't coach, he might make a great recruiter. Who would have a better personality to appeal the typical 17 year old? Who is more rah, rah, fire em up than him? As long as he hires competent coordinators to manage the team (the way Jags did with Logan) he could focus on recruiting. With his name recognition and NFL experience he would attract a lot of interest and enthusiasm.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:35 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:There was some interesting speculation on Mike & Mike this morning regarding Wrecks Ryan's future now that he is out with the Bills. Some guys can have success in college but not in the NFL and vice versa. Could Wrecks have the skill set to be successful in college where he failed in the NFL?

Even though Ryan can't coach, he might make a great recruiter. Who would have a better personality to appeal the typical 17 year old? Who is more rah, rah, fire em up than him? As long as he hires competent coordinators to manage the team (the way Jags did with Logan) he could focus on recruiting. With his name recognition and NFL experience he would attract a lot of interest and enthusiasm.

You're out of your mind if you think Rex is going to take a job where he has to fund raise and operate under the constraints of an archaic institution like the NCAA.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:42 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:There was some interesting speculation on Mike & Mike this morning regarding Wrecks Ryan's future now that he is out with the Bills. Some guys can have success in college but not in the NFL and vice versa. Could Wrecks have the skill set to be successful in college where he failed in the NFL?

You're out of your mind if you think Rex is going to take a job where he has to fund raise and operate under the constraints of an archaic institution like the NCAA.

Plus, most of the women in Chestnut Hill have clubbed feet.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:02 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Rex likes to be a coach more than he likes coaching. If he could take a rah rah job where his main focus was gladhanding donors and not doing shit during gameday, he could be a good college guy.

Don't think it's gonna happen though.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:32 am

Rah,rah guy who allegedly can recruit, but can't coach, who must rely on competent assistants to succeed? Mmmm, sounds oddly familiar.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

We lost 202-24 to Clemson/VT/FSU/Louisville and shutout UCONN 30-0. We're light years ahead of UCONN.

How much do you think UConn would've lost to them by?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

How much do you think UConn would've lost to them by?

I know you're not asking me, but I think it would be close to the same differential because the opposing coaches are going to call off the dogs at a certain margin of victory regardless of opponent.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:27 am

StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:37 am

NFL carousel about to spin out of control. Willing to bet that we'll see some of our more ambitious candidates taken and that a couple College coaches get plucked (which then may shrink our pretend pool further).
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium