2017-18 Coaching Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:25 pm

It would be interesting to see what BC would draw for Clemson at Gillette. I bet that both club sections and most of the lower bowl would be sold out.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:26 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:If BC played Wagner and Buffalo at Gillette I would have gone to the game last Sat and this Sat. I like the club seats and the easy access and parking. I went to the BC/UMass game. Comparing BC fan support to UMass fan support makes no sense.

Let's assume BC can only do one. Would you rather BC add club seats or fill in the corners?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:32 am

Did someone say easy access and Gillette in the same sentence? Ha. That place is great if you don't have to go there. Access to Gillette is a fucking disaster, and one of the main reasons I don't go. Access was horrible for the UMass game and there were like 15 people there.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:36 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Did someone say easy access and Gillette in the same sentence? Ha. That place is great if you don't have to go there. Access to Gillette is a fucking disaster, and one of the main reasons I don't go. Access was horrible for the UMass game and there were like 15 people there.

it's corners. we all know he's agendically retarded.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:54 am

Gillette is a 70K seat stadium accessible only by a 4 lane (in some places 2 lane) road with multiple stoplights ending at a place where they built a shopping mall over the parking lots.

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Gillette is a 70K seat stadium accessible only by a 4 lane (in some places 2 lane) road with multiple stoplights ending at a place where they built a shopping mall over the parking lots.

The traffic on 95 prior to last Thursday's game stretched from Foxboro all the way north to 128.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:18 am

Made the mistake of heading to a US Soccer game there (don't ask) and will never return. Thought the fact that BC and UMass have a combined total of 1,247 fans might make that game's traffic tolerable, but alas, that sucked too.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby westcoastbernie on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:51 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Chip Kelly

There a are many successful college coaches that for whatever reason, can't coach in the NFL and go back to college with success. Steve Spurrier, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban to name a few.

Let's face it, Kelly is not an NFL coach. He sucked with the Eagles. Look at the Eagles now that he left town. The Niners are already getting beaten badly and will continue to suck. At the end of next season it will be obvious. Brad will bring the Sarg back for another year. He should start contacting Kelly during the 2017 season.

Chip is definitely a college coach and he will be back in the college ranks in the not too distant future. But I think you will see him down the Pacific Coast Highway a bit in LA, with USC. He should have gotten the job last year but Haden was still in charge and still trying to replicate Pete Carroll. Chip would put USC back in the Top 10 again and be a playoff contender year after year. As much as he still has roots in New England, Chip won't be coaching any FBS programs there. Now that Lynn Swann is running the show at USC, he won't let that nightmare continue and the best guy available in the off season will very likely be Chip. Look for BC to grab the best Northeast coach available or someone who has some tiie to BC....DB or Ryan Day seem like the finalists in that pool. Day probably in the lead given his longer overall tenure at BC and the fact DB is 61 and in a good place in Ann Arbor.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Made the mistake of heading to a US Soccer game there (don't ask) and will never return. Thought the fact that BC and UMass have a combined total of 1,247 fans might make that game's traffic tolerable, but alas, that sucked too.

1 did the Latina wife drag you to the game?
2 was it for the Brazil USA game last September?
3 did any of the EO coaching staff for said game?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:00 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Made the mistake of heading to a US Soccer game there (don't ask) and will never return. Thought the fact that BC and UMass have a combined total of 1,247 fans might make that game's traffic tolerable, but alas, that sucked too.

1. No, it was my idea, but we went because she used to play futbol and I like America.
b. No. I think they played Haiti, and it was last July. Barnburner of a 0-0 game between Panama and Honduras preceded it.
iii. Don't steal other's shticks, you lack the execution. Like jhiggi and glacier, just worse
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:28 pm

Leaving heading north is tough, but arriving and leaving south is easy. I was at the Pat's game last Thursday night, no problem getting in 3 hours prior, but I agree leaving do not head north, it's a clusterfuck!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:30 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Leaving heading north is tough, but arriving and leaving south is easy. I was at the Pat's game last Thursday night, no problem getting in 3 hours prior, but I agree leaving do not head north, it's a clusterfuck!

That'll be great for when I decide to move to Rhode Island.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Leaving heading north is tough, but arriving and leaving south is easy. I was at the Pat's game last Thursday night, no problem getting in 3 hours prior, but I agree leaving do not head north, it's a clusterfuck!

this closes the loop on corners AND rhode island. all our retarded posters are originally from rhode island, it seems (except for nospace who is the exception to every rule)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

i was gonna ask what mongoloid heads south from foxboro?

thanks for answering that for me
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

1. No, it was my idea, but we went because she used to play futbol and I like America.
b. No. I think they played Haiti, and it was last July. Barnburner of a 0-0 game between Panama and Honduras preceded it.
iii. Don't steal other's shticks, you lack the execution. Like jhiggi and glacier, just worse

Yikes, saying someones execution is worse than higgi and glacier is cruel. Your right that Hansens worse but its cruel to say so.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:54 pm

So when's Tedwardinho going to give us his list of candidates for the England manager's job?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:27 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:So when's Tedwardinho going to give us his list of candidates for the England manager's job?

Schiano.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Gilette is a mess to get to and from.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'd prefer Daz to Schiano, I've seen both up close.

This says everything you need to know about eppy's valuation of football coaches... especially since the "up close" likely refers to a shower taken while trying to lead a terrible NFL organization in Tampa.

He's so bad. I will find a new college team to cheer for if we hire Greg Schiano.

Totally possible that shit works in college, but it sure as hell didn't in Tampa.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I didn't realize the EO coaching staff was a shtick. :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:58 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

The EO Coaching Staff is the remaining 3 people who give a shit about BC Basketball.

The EO Section is the remaining 6 or so people that still attend these stupid football games.

Clear enough?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

The EO Coaching Staff is the remaining 3 people who give a shit about BC Basketball.

The EO Section is the remaining 6 or so people that still attend these stupid football games.

Clear enough?

Hansen, for basketball it's a daisy triangle and for football it's a daisy hexagon (but they refer to it as a sexagon). I learned this from the lbl, an intern of theirs.

Do NOT ask for pictures. Your "buttholes are grosser than weeners" beliefs would be put to the test
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:58 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Totally possible that shit works in college, but it sure as hell didn't in Tampa.

Agreed. Schiano is a terrible hire for BC for those years we play NFL teams.

Hey look... there is as much chance of BC ever hiring the Patron Saint as there is of Dazoo get shitcanned this year (i.e. none). But, that has more due to the shittiness of BC than it does anything else. He is precisely the type of coach that we should be looking for.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:39 am

crooked?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:58 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Wait, what?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:crooked?

#nomeatbomb
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:05 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Totally possible that shit works in college, but it sure as hell didn't in Tampa.

Hey look... there is as much chance of BC ever hiring the Patron Saint as there is of Dazoo get shitcanned this year (i.e. none). But, that has more due to the shittiness of BC than it does anything else. He is precisely the type of coach that we should be looking for.

Record of 28-48 in a god awful Big East and 11-21 in Tampa.

Yea lets go get him
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Yea lets go get him

but he almost beat west virginia that one time (and it's listed as one of rutgres football's top 5 wins)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:12 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Yea lets go get him

but he almost beat west virginia that one time (and it's listed as one of rutgres football's top 5 wins)

Take out his 0-14 start at Rutgers and the record still sucks
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Yea lets go get him

Take out his 0-14 start at Rutgers and the record still sucks

28-34 is Daziani territory

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium