2017-18 Coaching Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017-18 Coaching Candidates Thread

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:49 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:Let's just kill the program and bring wrestling and fencing back.

Which is precisely what Frank has wanted all along.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Lane Kiffin is getting the Houston head coaching job.

Is that really the best he could have hoped for?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

As was talked about previously,.. this is a great year to be looking for a head coach because there are very few Power 5 jobs that are open. A school like BC would have had a lot to pick from. Of course, I have to say a "school like BC", because BC would have constrained itself to former assistants and guys who live within 128 or went to a Jesuit school.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:05 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/notre ... 59667.html
I want to say I admire their alums for caring (unlike our own). But, I also happen to think they are a bit crazy. I'm not a big fan of a guy who kills student assistants, but I think he is a pretty good coach (which seem to escape those who wrote the ad).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:56 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/notre-dame-grads-buy-page-in-school-student-paper-lambasting-ad-and-coach-214759667.html
I want to say I admire their alums for caring (unlike our own). But, I also happen to think they are a bit crazy. I'm not a big fan of a guy who kills student assistants, but I think he is a pretty good coach (which seem to escape those who wrote the ad).

Notre Dame fans are delusional.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:12 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/notre-dame-grads-buy-page-in-school-student-paper-lambasting-ad-and-coach-214759667.html

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:34 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

I would again happily take Brian Kelly off their hands.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:39 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I would again happily take Brian Kelly off their hands.

+1000
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:19 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

As mid majors go, that's as good a job as there is. Huge financial backing from boosters and the university, great facilities & access to a recruiting hotbed.

Kiffin could do way worse.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:14 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

As mid majors go, that's as good a job as there is. Huge financial backing from boosters and the university, great facilities & access to a recruiting hotbed.

Kiffin could do way worse.

Notre Dame is a much better mid major.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:24 am

Major Applewhite to Houston.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:25 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Major Applewhite to Houston.

Wow... just reported on ESPN. USA Today was who was reporting the Lane Kiffin thing. Last night was supposed to be a Regents meeting to make the final decision.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:00 am

Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Iggle on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:59 am

It's funny that despite having Applewhite on staff already, Houston promoted Orlando to Interim HC and not Applewhite. Good stuff.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:17 am

According to ESPN, Cincy is in negotiations with Luke Fickell for the head coaching job.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:11 pm

It amazes me the amount of free boners you guys get from discussing head coaches switching jobs.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:35 pm

BC connection here. His younger brother Karim was on the team for a couple of years before Saban lured him down to BAMA.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

BC connection here. His younger brother Karim was on the team for a couple of years before Saban lured him down to BAMA.

That is some good message boardering.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:20 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:It amazes me the amount of free boners you guys get from discussing head coaches switching jobs.

Don't you wish you got boners.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:09 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:It amazes me the amount of free boners you guys get from discussing head coaches switching jobs.

Don't you wish you got boners.

seems like he gets boners, but has to pay for them
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:30 am

Charlie Strong is USF's new head coach. Great move by them.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Charlie Strong is USF's new head coach. Great move by them.

Maybe if he makes staff changes
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:33 am

Geoff Collins beat out JDF for the Temple gig. Collins was UF's DC.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:56 am

Interesting to see if Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan for the Rams job. He is rumored to be a possible replacement. I don't think he jumps ship this early.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:53 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Interesting to see if Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan for the Rams job. He is rumored to be a possible replacement. I don't think he jumps ship this early.

They are also looking at Pete Carroll. Ultimately, Kroenke has more money than pretty much anyone. He just tripled the value of his franchise by moving them to LA. He has a team that is in the early stages of a rebuild. Huge pressure on the NFL to make the LA thing a success. If Chargers agree to move there within the month, Kroenke will have to compete for the hearts and minds of the community. I can see them paying $8mm per. Anyone would move for that opportunity... Harbaugh and Carroll included.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Interesting to see if Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan for the Rams job. He is rumored to be a possible replacement. I don't think he jumps ship this early.

They are also looking at Pete Carroll. Ultimately, Kroenke has more money than pretty much anyone. He just tripled the value of his franchise by moving them to LA. He has a team that is in the early stages of a rebuild. Huge pressure on the NFL to make the LA thing a success. If Chargers agree to move there within the month, Kroenke will have to compete for the hearts and minds of the community. I can see them paying $8mm per. Anyone would move for that opportunity... Harbaugh and Carroll included.

Paul Allen says hello.

Also, The city is already struggling to fill the stadium in its first year back.
Why the fuck would the NFL want to move a second team there?
Also, if I am Pete Carroll no way I leave Seattle and it's passionate fanbase and solid ownership for la la land.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:28 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Paul Allen says hello.

Also, The city is already struggling to fill the stadium in its first year back.
Also, if I am Pete Carroll no way I leave Seattle and it's passionate fanbase and solid ownership for la la land.

Kroenke's close enough to Allen, he's married to a Walton.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Paul Allen says hello.

Either way he is in the top 2.

As for why would the NFL move the Chargers to LA... because that is what they announced last year.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Ch ... 20466.html
Pretty much all reports out of SD has Spanos exercising his option to move as soon as the season is over.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Paul Allen says hello.

Either way he is in the top 2.

As for why would the NFL move the Chargers to LA... because that is what they announced last year.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Ch ... 20466.html
Pretty much all reports out of SD has Spanos exercising his option to move as soon as the season is over.

Pretty sure they also voted against the stadium. That team actually makes sense, they already have a fan base in the region.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:45 pm

Allen and Kroenke have boatloads of $$$, they own multiple sports teams each (Pssssssssst - including soccer teams).
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium