BC Football preseason 2016

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC Football preseason 2016

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:15 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I hope he addresses the time change and the risk of eating bad food.

and the lower drinking age :cheers
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:16 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:On QB: "It's more about the it than not at that position. If you are wondering if a guy has it, then I guess he doesn't have it. That's what that position is all about."

Same can be said about head coaches. :shrug

:whammy
:whammy
Last edited by claver2010 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:20 am

Not a lot of excuse making and everyone is evidently healthy.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: BC Football 2016

Postby Carlos Danger on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:27 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:When do we usually get the depth chart?

tomorrow and daz will probably have his presser tomorrow as well

the trip to ireland might throw everything off but given they're flying tuesday it'll probably happen tomorrow

and it will suck

I'm setting the over/under for stupid Irish jokes made during the press conference at 1.5.

Hammering the over like Anthony Wiener hammers his...

Heh, that's a good one. Can I send you a picture?
Carlos Danger
n00b

Postby Salzano14 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:33 pm

Speaking of over/under, under 44 feels like easy money
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Not a lot of excuse making and everyone is evidently healthy.

Did anyone bother to ask which QB will start?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:36 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Not a lot of excuse making and everyone is evidently healthy.

Did anyone bother to ask which QB will start?

He's not going to answer that, but you couldn't hear the Qs. He did talk about the QBs
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:35 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I hope he addresses the time change and the risk of eating bad food.

and the lower drinking age :cheers

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Phenomenal "Flutie got screwed, he's a solid D-1 QB" discussion going on over at the Island of Misfit Posters.

Phenomenal 10-2 season discussion going on over at the Island of Misfit Posters now. Nothing like what we get here at this wretched hive of scum and villainy, so it is refreshing.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Phenomenal "Flutie got screwed, he's a solid D-1 QB" discussion going on over at the Island of Misfit Posters.

Phenomenal 10-2 season discussion going on over at the Island of Misfit Posters now. Nothing like what we get here at this wretched hive of scum and villainy, so it is refreshing.

Don't forget "Official Home of Rape and Incest Jokes".
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Don't forget "Official Home of Rape and Incest Jokes".

and dick pics
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

In fairness, it's ATL's "Best Case Scenario" prediction. In a best case scenario: 1) the defense is as good as, if not better than last years, 2) the OL is much better, 3) Towles turns SEC experience loose on the ACC, 4) Hilliman is back to Hilliman, 5) we stay healthy at key positions.

If that's what we're assuming, the 4 OOC's are guaranteed, Wake and Syracuse are guaranteed, and NCST, GT and VT are all beatable. Then you just need to pull off on upset out of Clemson, Louisville and FSU for 10-2. It's actually not that unbelievable.

In fact, I think 10-2 is more likely than 3-9...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:33 pm

we will lose at least 1 if not 2 of your "guaranteed" games
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:25 pm

ATL went full walrus in that post.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:41 pm

Do you guys not follow ATL's worst/best/most likely predictions each year? He doesn't think we're going 10-2...
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:02 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

In fairness, it's ATL's "Best Case Scenario" prediction. In a best case scenario: 1) the defense is as good as, if not better than last years, 2) the OL is much better, 3) Towles turns SEC experience loose on the ACC, 4) Hilliman is back to Hilliman, 5) we stay healthy at key positions.

If that's what we're assuming, the 4 OOC's are guaranteed, Wake and Syracuse are guaranteed, and NCST, GT and VT are all beatable. Then you just need to pull off on upset out of Clemson, Louisville and FSU for 10-2. It's actually not that unbelievable.

I was talking about the comments, but good words.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:43 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I disagree.

There is (at most) about a 1% chance team goes 3-9. There is a 0% chance they go 10-2. 0%
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:45 am

people who think 10-2 are in the realm of possibilities forget how there are 3ish games a year where in game coaching makes a difference and we will go 0-3 in those games
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:49 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:people who think 10-2 are in the realm of possibilities forget how there are 3ish games a year where in game coaching makes a difference and we will go 0-3 in those games

i think that's the key point. if everything breaks right on the player development side (D stays in the neighborhood of where it was last year, Hilliman picks up where he left off, the OL's ability to protect the QB and open holes goes from "deficient" to "slightly below average", there is someone on the roster who can make field goals and said player is given FG duty) then there are 10 winnable games on the schedule. that said, Addazio will blow at least 2 of them.

25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:09 pm

I think one of those 10 "winnable games" would be a major upset. I see 9 winnable games, with Sarge blowing one. I think we are overstating the impact of coaching on games. Last year had a unique opportunity to put a microscope on some bad coaching because most of the winnable games came down to the wire. In prior years, those close losses were against better teams like FSU or Clemson, and coaching wasn't so readily called into question. If the offense improves sufficiently, Sarge won't have as many opportunities to fuck things up.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think one of those 10 "winnable games" would be a major upset. I see 9 winnable games, with Sarge blowing one. I think we are overstating the impact of coaching on games. Last year had a unique opportunity to put a microscope on some bad coaching because most of the winnable games came down to the wire. In prior years, those close losses were against better teams like FSU or Clemson, and coaching wasn't so readily called into question. If the offense improves sufficiently, Sarge won't have as many opportunities to fuck things up.

ummm, ryan day isn't walking back through that door
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think one of those 10 "winnable games" would be a major upset. I see 9 winnable games, with Sarge blowing one. I think we are overstating the impact of coaching on games. Last year had a unique opportunity to put a microscope on some bad coaching because most of the winnable games came down to the wire. In prior years, those close losses were against better teams like FSU or Clemson, and coaching wasn't so readily called into question. If the offense improves sufficiently, Sarge won't have as many opportunities to fuck things up.

Uhh...it was constantly called into question, but it was brushed off because the BC fanbase was just happy to have a team that wasn't a total disgrace.

That team in 2014 was actually really good and would have gone 9-3 with a better coach. Daz and the coaching staff at large were directly responsible for the disastrous losses to PSU & Colorado State and also had a solid hand in the FSU/Clemson games, though they would have won the latter it in spite of him had Rouse not developed stone hands at exactly the wrong moment.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:50 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:

Uhh...it was constantly called into question, but it was brushed off because the BC fanbase was just happy to have a team that wasn't a total disgrace.

That team in 2014 was actually really good and would have gone 9-3 with a better coach. Daz and the coaching staff at large were directly responsible for the disastrous losses to PSU & Colorado State and also had a solid hand in the FSU/Clemson games, though they would have won the latter it in spite of him had Rouse not developed stone hands at exactly the wrong moment.

So was it Rouse or coaching? Get your shit together and get back to me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:50 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:

So was it Rouse or coaching? Get your shit together and get back to me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:24 am

Christ Teddy ballgame, do you still think Daz knows anything about offense???? Keep that fucking idiot away from the offense or suffer through another losing season!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:29 am

Yes, because I am a Daz apologist for suggesting him being an idiot will cost one game instead of 3 because there will be a return to norm and games against the 7 teams they should beat won't all come down to last minute coaching like last year.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Yes, because I am a Daz apologist for suggesting him being an idiot will cost one game instead of 3 because there will be a return to norm and games against the 7 teams they should beat won't all come down to last minute coaching like last year.

I don't think Loeffler came in here without autonomous control of the offense
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:15 am

ummm, ryan day isn't walking back through that door

He will in two years...as Head Coach Ryan Day.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:26 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:

This is revisionist retardation of the most retarded kind of retardery. As Mo'J and huang will remind you, CSU and PSU were both primarily meltdowns by Don Brown's defense, for which as everyone else in this thread will remind you, Daz gets not credit (and therefore no blame). Plus another coach doesn't have Murphy or Silberman, which probably makes it a pretty different season.

Try and keep track:

Defense: 100% Brown;
Special teams: kicking 100% Addazio; positive return game 100% not Addazio
Offense: good = 100% Ryan Day in 2013 and 2014, there was no good in 2015; bad 100% Addazio taking over in 2013 and 2014 and 100% overall Addazio in 2015.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:54 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Yes, because I am a Daz apologist for suggesting him being an idiot will cost one game instead of 3 because there will be a return to norm and games against the 7 teams they should beat won't all come down to last minute coaching like last year.

I don't think Loeffler came in here without autonomous control of the offense

It's this. No way Loeffler has final say on anything right now.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium