BC Football preseason 2016

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC Football 2016

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Lost to both last year and both will be better this year. Also, we'll lose to yukon

We also won't start anyone named Flutie, Fadule or Dudeck this year.

Advantage BC.

Yeah, cause at this point last year we knew those assholes would start.

What excuse train do you have built in for the o-line still sucking microdick (no offense)

If the OLine sucks Daz needs to be fired.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:10 pm

I just skimmed the transcript for Daz's press conference. The most encouraging thing he said is that he will name a starter before the GT game and he is not going to rotate quarterbacks like last year.

The only other item of interest, and it wasn't 100% clear, was that it sounds like Smith, Landry and Walker are sidelined with injuries.

http://bceagles.com/news/2016/8/11/foot ... cript.aspx
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:44 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The only other item of interest, and it wasn't 100% clear, was that it sounds like Smith, Landry and Walker are sidelined with injuries.

and two other WRs but all sound minor.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:33 am

Towles backing off of the Harambe dedications...

You posted that you were dedicating your season Harambe, the gorilla. That got a lot of attention. I’m guessing you weren’t quite expecting that, but is it just sort of your sense of humor?

PT: Yeah, I don’t feel like anyone should make light of that situation. It was tragic. I wasn’t trying to make light, but it was blown up. It was ... my teammates give me some flack for it for how big it got. But we’re moving forward to get ready for Georgia Tech.

I still say dicks out...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:39 am

Some tidbits from The Heights article on media day:

- OL= Cashman (LG), Baker (C), Lindstrom (RG) with the tackles still undecided between Lowery, Monteiro, Schmal and Knopfke
- Part of offensive gameplan will be the "extenuate" the defense. Basically eating clock with a power run game to shorten the game and keep the defense rested and off the field.
- Addazio says Reid and the defense will continue to be Brown's "swarming" style.

http://bcheights.com/sports/football/20 ... -day-2016/
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:23 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:- Part of offensive gameplan will be the "extenuate" the defense. Basically eating clock with a power run game to shorten the game and keep the defense rested and off the field.

Walrus, if I have to read some crap from you about how running for 140 yards on 50 carries is "good strategy" because we're "shortening the game" again this year...
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Both QB's look a hell of a lot better than what we had last year. Yes, we will absolutely run, but the passing game will be much improved. I expect a balanced approach especially if teams load the box. I also like the QB's ability to tuck and run for a first down if nobody is open. They will be conservative inside their own 30, but they have to open up the offensive to be successful.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:- Part of offensive gameplan will be the "extenuate" the defense. Basically eating clock with a power run game to shorten the game and keep the defense rested and off the field.

Walrus, if I have to read some crap from you about how running for 140 yards on 50 carries is "good strategy" because we're "shortening the game" again this year...

What would these boards be like without foils like me to keep you guys on your toes...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Hoff on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm

Agree. I thought both guys looked like legitimate DI QBs. Slight edge for Towles for me
Hoff
n00b

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Watching SECN's replay of Kentucky vs. Missouri from last year. Towles looks really good. Better arm than anyone we've seen since Ryan. I know the story is huge upside, but very mistake prone. I've also heard that the Kentucky OL did him no favors, accounting for a lot of the INT's.

So I guess it all comes back to the 2016 OL. Reports out of the first scrimmage were positive!

:screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:45 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

What would these boards be like without foils like me to keep you guys on your toes...

In fairness, your best path to beating the Clemson/FSU/etc. is a power run game that chews up clock. You just need to have something off play-action.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:04 am

That might work against FSU, but Watson and CU are going to get their points. If the power run game can produce TD drives then BC can beat anybody. I think it will take 35 points to beat this CU team on most days. BC needs to plan for that production versus kicking FG to stay close.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:22 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:That might work against FSU, but Watson and CU are going to get their points. If the power run game can produce TD drives then BC can beat anybody. I think it will take 35 points to beat this CU team on most days. BC needs to plan for that production versus kicking FG to stay close.

BC is going to have less game-breaking talent than most teams they play. The way to beat them is to shorten the game and hit some big plays in play-action.

Wisconsin rode this philosophy to success. It can be a little frustrating to watch, but it works.

Please note the above does not mean getting up 2 TDs and sitting on the lead (see CSU and Penn St). That was absolutely embarrassing coaching on offense from Daz and Day.

If they're going to stack 8-9 in the box you need to take shots down the field along with the power-run game
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:29 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Some tidbits from The Heights article on media day:

- OL= Cashman (LG), Baker (C), Lindstrom (RG) with the tackles still undecided between Lowery, Monteiro, Schmal and Knopfke
- Part of offensive gameplan will be the "extenuate" the defense. Basically eating clock with a power run game to shorten the game and keep the defense rested and off the field.
- Addazio says Reid and the defense will continue to be Brown's "swarming" style.

Knopfke in the mix at OT is interesting, if accurate (the writer does not say where he gets this). Knopfke only played C in the spring game, as the backup to Rich; Monteiro & Palazollo were the LTs and Schmal & Stevens were the RTs.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Knopfke in the mix at OT is interesting, if accurate (the writer does not say where he gets this). Knopfke only played C in the spring game, as the backup to Rich; Monteiro & Palazollo were the LTs and Schmal & Stevens were the RTs.

This concerns me, it could indicate the incumbents are not improving and Sarge is having a panic attack.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:45 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

This concerns me, it could indicate the incumbents are not improving and Sarge is having a panic attack.

Knopfke was an ESPN300 kid as I recall.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:19 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Either that or the middle is locked up this year and he wants the best talent on the field
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:06 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Both QB's look a hell of a lot better than what we had last year. Yes, we will absolutely run, but the passing game will be much improved. I expect a balanced approach especially if teams load the box. I also like the QB's ability to tuck and run for a first down if nobody is open. They will be conservative inside their own 30, but they have to open up the offensive to be successful.

Hoff {l Wrote}:Agree. I thought both guys looked like legitimate DI QBs. Slight edge for Towles for me

How can you guys definitively say this? Was the scrimmage open to the public or the media? Is there video online?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:48 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Either that or the middle is locked up this year and he wants the best talent on the field

Per Hoff, Saturday Schmal played LT and Lowery RT with the fist team OLine.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby durkcal on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:08 pm

I did not notice Knopfke getting any snaps in the Spring game. Could have happened. I only watched 80% of it. Good to hear that he is progressing, since he came in with good credentials.

At least we're not considering Phillips, Conte or Stevens. All those guys were in WAY over their heads at the Spring game.

Cashman looked much improved at the Spring game vs his mediocre play from last season.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:31 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:Cashman looked much improved at the Spring game vs his mediocre play from last season.

Well he couldn't get much worse.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:47 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:Cashman looked much improved at the Spring game vs his mediocre play from last season.

Well he couldn't get much worse.

Correct his name could be Harris Williams.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:38 am

I'm going off what I saw at the spring game. Clearly both QB's are much better than what we saw last year.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:06 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Hoff {l Wrote}:Agree. I thought both guys looked like legitimate DI QBs. Slight edge for Towles for me

How can you guys definitively say this? Was the scrimmage open to the public or the media? Is there video online?

hoff was at the scrimmage, I haven't been able to find any video
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:32 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Per Hoff, Saturday Schmal played LT and Lowery RT with the fist team OLine.

Yeah, but I think Lindstom and Baker are locks based on talent and Cashman is probably a lock based on oldness, whereas Lowery and Schmal are probably more likely to slip from their starting roles. Or, maybe Knopfke is being groomed as depth across all 5 spots. Obviously, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:10 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
rktbrkr {l Wrote}:I see Flutie is on the roster, I guess he paid his debt to society for attacking the curb on a dark road

Did we ever learn if/what the punishment was? Also, how can they have two #16s on offense?

Flutie is now #15.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:46 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
rktbrkr {l Wrote}:I see Flutie is on the roster, I guess he paid his debt to society for attacking the curb on a dark road

Did we ever learn if/what the punishment was? Also, how can they have two #16s on offense?

Flutie is now #15.

is this for real or is this just a comment that ties drunk shinskie to drunk flutie?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:58 am

Daz is pretty high on the O line:

“If we can keep them all together, it might be one of the most dominant offensive lines out there. But we are in year two now, so we’ve just got to get a little better, and that’s what we are going to do.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... trom_wiser
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby Ben Roethlisberger on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:59 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Flutie is now #15.

is this for real or is this just a comment that ties drunk shinskie to drunk flutie?

Don't look at me, I can't tell either.
Ben Roethlisberger
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:02 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Daz is pretty high on the O line:

“If we can keep them all together, it might be one of the most dominant offensive lines out there. But we are in year two now, so we’ve just got to get a little better, and that’s what we are going to do.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... trom_wiser

we're close, but we're far away
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium