BC Football preseason 2016

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC Football 2016

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:33 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:are we sure that isn't david dudeck?

That's not remotely funny.

I laughed. :shrug
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:02 pm

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:24 pm

so hypocritical. he's such an ass of a man

or maybe he's just really dumb and doesn't realize all the things that he praises meyer for he does the exact opposite
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:31 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

or maybe he's just really dumb and doesn't realize all the things that he praises meyer for he does the exact opposite

I sincerely believe it's the second one.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Photo on the website shows Lowrey at LT with the 1st OLine. Obviously this does not necessarily mean that he will be the starting LT v GTech but I would think the staff would want to make him earn it. Maybe they promised it was his to lose?

Monterio is better served at RT. Tough to tell though last year with none of them physically ready to play.

I was just wondering if the players would be upset if the staff was handing him the position without making him earn it; this is different than the two Florida transfers. If he is clearly the best LT, the kids won't care.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:39 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Most of those are just wishy-washy nonsense, but yes he seems to be pointedly ignoring "Develop a QB"
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:50 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Most of those are just wishy-washy nonsense, but yes he seems to be pointedly ignoring "Develop a QB"

that's what i was referring to and that's when i stopped reading. fuck sarge with nospace's zikadick
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:11 pm

fuck the marketing firm sending me an email about the acc bowl games for 2016.

let's win a conference game before we start with that bullshit.

assholes
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:fuck the marketing firm sending me an email about the acc bowl games for 2016.

assholes

Did the email contain an image of TOB hoisting the MPC Computers Bowl trophy?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Daz has already said that we will win 5 times as many ACC games as last year. What is everyone worried about???
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:fuck the marketing firm sending me an email about the acc bowl games for 2016.

assholes

4 OOC, Cuse and Wake gets you into a bowl.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Lost to both last year and both will be better this year. Also, we'll lose to yukon
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Coming off an 0-8 campaign you cannot count on any wins until you get the first win.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:25 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Lost to both last year and both will be better this year. Also, we'll lose to yukon

We also won't start anyone named Flutie, Fadule or Dudeck this year.

Advantage BC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Am dragging through Towles season on SECN.

When he's making good decision he's awesome and has great size and speed as a runner.

When he's making bad decisions he's a turnover machine.

He's going to drive you all nuts this season I have a feeling.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Lost to both last year and both will be better this year. Also, we'll lose to yukon

Advantage BC.

Yeah, cause at this point last year we knew those assholes would start.

What excuse train do you have built in for the o-line still sucking microdick (no offense)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

assholes

4 OOC, Cuse and Wake gets you into a bowl that absolutely nobody cares about.

Fixed.

Stop using 6-6 as some kind of benchmark for a good season. BC is not some poor mid major which lacks the resources to compete at a high level, no matter how often Bates and Addazio try to make it seem that way.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:30 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Daz has already said that we will win 5 times as many ACC games as last year. What is everyone worried about???

Please tell me corners still believes this, would make my week.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:52 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Lost in all the excitement of the uniform announcement last week, BC announced this year's home game themes:

9/24 vs. Wagner - Spirit Day (high school and youth bands on campus) - Translation: Nobody's coming anyway. Yah, local bands!
10/1 vs. Buffalo - Parents Weekend - Translation: You have to come regardless of how shitty the opponent is!
10/7 vs. Clemson - Service Day - Translation: We know you're coming to this one, no frills needed.
10/22 vs. Syracuse - Homecoming / Kuechly Jersey Retirement - Translation: Please come to the Syracuse game. We need fan support to actually win this year.
11/5 vs. Louisville - Military Day - Translation: You're probably coming to this one too, but we'll give free tickets out to service members just to fill the stadium a bit more. This isn't Clemson, after all.
11/19 vs. UConn - Youth & HS Football Day / Matty Ice Jersey Retirement - Translation: Please, please, please come to the UConn game. It'd be embarrassing if there's more UConn fans there.

Woooooooo...

Just realized the schedule doesn't really set up for a Welles Crowther day. Maybe they'll do that as part of Service Day against Clemson.

And yes, quoting myself...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:53 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Advantage BC.

As much as I don't want to see Fadule taking meaningful snaps ever again, he has a higher football IQ in his pinky than Flutie has in his whole body and does not deserve to be lumped together with him.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:58 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Lost in all the excitement of the uniform announcement last week, BC announced this year's home game themes:

9/24 vs. Wagner - Spirit Day (high school and youth bands on campus) - Translation: Nobody's coming anyway. Yah, local bands!
10/1 vs. Buffalo - Parents Weekend - Translation: You have to come regardless of how shitty the opponent is!
10/7 vs. Clemson - Service Day - Translation: We know you're coming to this one, no frills needed.
10/22 vs. Syracuse - Homecoming / Kuechly Jersey Retirement - Translation: Please come to the Syracuse game. We need fan support to actually win this year.
11/5 vs. Louisville - Military Day - Translation: You're probably coming to this one too, but we'll give free tickets out to service members just to fill the stadium a bit more. This isn't Clemson, after all.
11/19 vs. UConn - Youth & HS Football Day / Matty Ice Jersey Retirement - Translation: Please, please, please come to the UConn game. It'd be embarrassing if there's more UConn fans there.

Woooooooo...

Just realized the schedule doesn't really set up for a Welles Crowther day. Maybe they'll do that as part of Service Day against Clemson.

They're playing it by ear. This is what they do. Last year they only announced it a week ahead of time. Use the search function and you'll see we were all asking the same questions here a year ago.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:01 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Woooooooo...

They're playing it by ear. This is what they do. Last year they only announced it a week ahead of time. Use the search function and you'll see we were all asking the same questions here a year ago.

I thought the search function was just a legend...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:17 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Sorry, don't know how to actually include the images in this post...

Whoever does their site is using scripts to obscure the source of the images. One could take the time to figure it out, but it's not worth it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:12 am

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:15 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Daz has already said that we will win 5 times as many ACC games as last year. What is everyone worried about???

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... c_football
"l can’t look you in the eye and say we’re going to be an elite offense,” Addazio said. “But we’re going to be much better than we were a year ago. That’s not saying much. But if we play defense, which we will, and we’re better on offense, which we will be, and our kicker is better, which he will be... that guarantees that we will win at least 5 times as many conference games as last year."
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:18 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Accessories for the Dublin game have been announced. Subtle traditional Irish patterns. I think it actually looks really awesome. Something like this should just be part of the standard uniform.

http://bceagles.com/galleries/?gallery=945

Sorry, don't know how to actually include the images in this post...

It seems that part of the special event is that UA is allowing BC's unis to contain Maroon and Gold.

Right! I actually really dig the uni's for Ireland. That's a great maroon and gold combo. Love the way the Irish designs give the jersey some depth and texture too. Once again, saving the only decent jerseys we see for the special occasions.

Ireland Uni's > Fenway Park Uni's > Welles Crowther Uni's > Standard Uni's

please have your gay uniform talk in the gay uniform thread.

thanks
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... c_football
"l can’t look you in the eye and say we’re going to be an elite offense,” Addazio said. “But we’re going to be much better than we were a year ago. That’s not saying much. But if we play defense, which we will, and we’re better on offense, which we will be, and our kicker is better, which he will be... that guarantees that we will win at least 5 times as many conference games as last year."

Credit to the double down, kudos.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Have not seen anything particularly newsworthy from media day but the Dazzler did single out Jeff Smith (194lbs, sub 4.4 40), William Harris, Strachan, Milano (best player on D), Gutapfel & Lindstrom for praise.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:11 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Have not seen anything particularly newsworthy from media day but the Dazzler did single out Jeff Smith (194lbs, sub 4.4 40), William Harris, Strachan, Milano (best player on D), Gutapfel & Lindstrom for praise.

Did any media show? Between the weather and Patriots pre-season game, I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped this all together.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Advantage BC.

As much as I don't want to see Fadule taking meaningful snaps ever again, he has a higher football IQ in his pinky than Flutie has in his whole body and does not deserve to be lumped together with him.

Flutie comes in a close second for "Least Favorite BC Football Player of All Time".
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium