BC Football preseason 2016

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC Football preseason 2016

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:30 am

Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: BC Football 2016

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:52 am

damn, sarge is still on it
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:18 am

Milano and Willis will be representing the team at ACC media days.

Unfortunately, so will Sarge.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:16 pm

I'm going to just come out and say it: I think this team can do some damage and turn some heads this year. Returning a lot of talent all over the place and there's some promising young talent coming up. Of course, as has been said over and over again, it all depends on the OL. But I expect the OL to take a pretty significant step forward. They'll still struggle against he top defenses in the ACC, but I expect them to hold up admirably against the cup-cake's and NCST's, Syracuse's and Wake's of the ACC. Throw in Towles and a hopefully top form Hilliman and I think the offense will score significantly more in '16. And considering how close a lot of our losses were last year, I could see a pretty dramatic step forward in terms of wins with even a modestly improved offense.

Very excited! Sarge and all...

Anyone know when practice begins?

:screamyeagle :skank :screamyeagle :skank :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:05 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I'm going to just come out and say it: I think this team can do some damage and turn some heads this year. Returning a lot of talent all over the place and there's some promising young talent coming up. Of course, as has been said over and over again, it all depends on the OL. But I expect the OL to take a pretty significant step forward. They'll still struggle against he top defenses in the ACC, but I expect them to hold up admirably against the cup-cake's and NCST's, Syracuse's and Wake's of the ACC. Throw in Towles and a hopefully top form Hilliman and I think the offense will score significantly more in '16. And considering how close a lot of our losses were last year, I could see a pretty dramatic step forward in terms of wins with even a modestly improved offense.

Cupcake doesn't have a hyphen and none of those four instances are appropriate places for an apostrophe
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I'm going to just come out and say it: I think this team can do some damage and turn some heads this year. Returning a lot of talent all over the place and there's some promising young talent coming up. Of course, as has been said over and over again, it all depends on the OL. But I expect the OL to take a pretty significant step forward. They'll still struggle against he top defenses in the ACC, but I expect them to hold up admirably against the cup-cake's and NCST's, Syracuse's and Wake's of the ACC. Throw in Towles and a hopefully top form Hilliman and I think the offense will score significantly more in '16. And considering how close a lot of our losses were last year, I could see a pretty dramatic step forward in terms of wins with even a modestly improved offense.

Cupcake doesn't have a hyphen and none of those four instances are appropriate places for an apostrophe

You take all of the fun out of funishment.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:08 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Anyone know when practice begins?

I think it's usually the second Monday in August but I expect the Ireland trip is going to shake up the camp schedule we're used to.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Well done. Are you taking up GrammerLesson's slack? That lazy bastard has not posted since 9/12/13.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:04 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Milano and Willis will be representing the team at ACC media days.

Media Day is one of the things Daz does well.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Milano and Willis will be representing the team at ACC media days.

Media Day is one of the things Daz does well.

letmetellyousomethingmeangene...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:35 pm

I'm suddenly much less confident in my confidence for the 2016 season.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:51 am

Not sure where we can get the 2015 roster, but Lindstrom now listed at 298, Schmal, Monteiro and Kowalkosi are all over 300.

Callinan is listed at 240 - was he that big last year?

Any other updates to make on the other thread that has the class and position breakdowns?
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:59 am

The line weight breakdowns from 15 to 16 are up on Hockeyruption. Monteiro actually lost a ton.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:04 am

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
Any other updates to make on the other thread that has the class and position breakdowns?

I don't see anyone missing and there are no new transfers (other than the ones announced in February).
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The line weight breakdowns from 15 to 16 are up on Hockeyruption. Monteiro actually lost a ton.

Also, Cashman and Lowrery (2 potential starters) have not been updated.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:24 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The line weight breakdowns from 15 to 16 are up on Hockeyruption. Monteiro actually lost a ton.

Credit where credit is due, this was actually a useful blog post from BCI.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:15 pm

slightly older article and may have missed it but pro football focus ranked the 101 best college football players:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/colleg ... gn=college

49. Harold Landry, DE, Boston College
Landry posted the fifth-best run-stopping grade among edge defenders last season and his run stop percentage of 13.5 percent led the nation. He can shed blocks at the point of attack and he improved greatly as a pass rusher, grading at +12.1 with five sacks, 10 QB hits, and 24 hurries on 317 rushes. Landry has the skills to take yet another step as a pass rusher while providing excellent run defense on the edge.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:40 pm

hopefully he'll do well enough that he can get out of this dumpster fire by the end of this year
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:55 pm

I honestly think this year goes fine in a 7-5 kind of way.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:17 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I honestly think this year goes fine in a 7-5 kind of way.

you're high on gin and bad teeth
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

you're high on gin and bad teeth

7-5 is not a real leap of the imagination. They play 4-5 teams they won't lose to unless Shinskie serves wings. Doesn't make them good.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:20 pm

Considering the schedule, 7-5 isn't really that great.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Not sure this is possible, but here it goes... could the Wagner game turn out to be worse than last year's Howard game?

I see BYU obliterated them 70-6 last year.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:39 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Not sure this is possible, but here it goes... could the Wagner game turn out to be worse than last year's Howard game?

tell the truth, everytime you see "wagner" you think "wanger" and get excited.

i see you posting a lot during the week before and after the wanger game
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Not sure this is possible, but here it goes... could the Wagner game turn out to be worse than last year's Howard game?

I had been thinking the same. How do they compare to Wagner? That Howard game was one of the worst things I have ever witnessed at Alumni.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:52 pm

We have a new OC and a new DC to break in and essentially whether or not it's Wade, a new QB to break in. The offense has to improve a lot to get to 7 wins. Just because the games were close last year does not mean that some improvement (7 ppg) leads to any more wins. The ACC Atlantic teams will all improve this year as well. I'm worried what level the defense can attain without Don Brown. The GT game is huge, a win over Tech could get them to 7. A loss, followed by a loss to VT and they are 0-2 in the conference with a ten game conference losing streak hanging over their heads.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:49 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:We have a new OC and a new DC to break in and essentially whether or not it's Wade, a new QB to break in. The offense has to improve a lot to get to 7 wins. Just because the games were close last year does not mean that some improvement (7 ppg) leads to any more wins. The ACC Atlantic teams will all improve this year as well. I'm worried what level the defense can attain without Don Brown. The GT game is huge, a win over Tech could get them to 7. A loss, followed by a loss to VT and they are 0-2 in the conference with a ten game conference losing streak hanging over their heads.

This may be your most coherent post ever. Add more crazy immediately.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:54 am

The OOC is comically bad (of course), but the in conference could cut a bunch of ways. Since i like BC sports and want the football team to win games, I would prefer the Syracuse and Va Tech game to be as early as possible so that they are still suffering from massive schematic changes. I think the OOC gimmes play out in a way that will prevent abandoning all hope even if BC loses to Gtech, Va Tech and Clemson, but if they lose those three and Cuse, you can call the Sarge era (he probably won't actually get fired, but should).

What's kind of funny is that if Sarge beats Gtech, he can coast to an on paper acceptable season.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:31 am

Towle to the top! Say YES to .500+ !
rktbrkr