BC Football preseason 2016

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC Football 2016

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:08 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Daz is pretty high on the O line:

“If we can keep them all together, it might be one of the most dominant offensive lines out there. But we are in year two now, so we’ve just got to get a little better, and that’s what we are going to do.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... trom_wiser

we're close, but we're far away

Yeah, after reading that article it sounds more like Daz is high on the O-Line 1-2 years from now.*

* - Daz reserves the right to change his mind.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:24 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

“If we can keep them all together, it might be one of the most dominant offensive lines out there. But we are in year two now, so we’ve just got to get a little better, and that’s what we are going to do.”

Yeah, after reading that article it sounds more like Daz is high on the O-Line 1-2 years from now.*

in fairness, there are a couple seniors and a couple juniors that the article lists on the starting o-line. who can be expected to compete with youth like that?!?!?!

fuck sarge with moneypenny's dick
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:19 pm

Yes, Daz is pointing to future, but he's not making excuses about this line this year. He's expecting them to be better than last year. He's expecting them to do their job. He's just not expecting them to be dominant this year. That sounds realistic, not like deflection.

Regardless of your opinion on Daz in 2016, this team really can be pretty special in the next few years. In 2018 we should have an experienced and talented OL playing in front of hopefully a senior Darius Wade and a senior John Hilliman. With the young talent on the edges too, we can actually have a pretty strong offense in 2018. Not just respectable, strong.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:48 am

It looks like Robinson made a great catch last Saturday.

Southpaw quarterback Darius Wade made a play-action drop into the end zone and launched the football down the right sideline. Robinson completed his assignment with a leaping grab for a 44-yard gain. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... e_vertical

I thought it was questionable last year when they converted him to W/R, as ESPN had him running a 4.85. I guess we can assume that this is inaccurate.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/foot ... h-robinson
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby Hoff on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Both QB's look a hell of a lot better than what we had last year. Yes, we will absolutely run, but the passing game will be much improved. I expect a balanced approach especially if teams load the box. I also like the QB's ability to tuck and run for a first down if nobody is open. They will be conservative inside their own 30, but they have to open up the offensive to be successful.

Hoff {l Wrote}:Agree. I thought both guys looked like legitimate DI QBs. Slight edge for Towles for me

How can you guys definitively say this? Was the scrimmage open to the public or the media? Is there video online?

"Media" is allowed to attend which I would fall under in the loosest definition. Since only the Herald showed up to cover it they dont mind if I come that. That said they are very strict on people taking video. Actually saw one of Daz's assistants ask a parent to stop taping.
Hoff
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Hoff {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Both QB's look a hell of a lot better than what we had last year. Yes, we will absolutely run, but the passing game will be much improved. I expect a balanced approach especially if teams load the box. I also like the QB's ability to tuck and run for a first down if nobody is open. They will be conservative inside their own 30, but they have to open up the offensive to be successful.

Hoff {l Wrote}:Agree. I thought both guys looked like legitimate DI QBs. Slight edge for Towles for me

How can you guys definitively say this? Was the scrimmage open to the public or the media? Is there video online?

"Media" is allowed to attend which I would fall under in the loosest definition. Since only the Herald showed up to cover it they dont mind if I come that. That said they are very strict on people taking video. Actually saw one of Daz's assistants ask a parent to stop taping.

Hoff, what position was Knopfke playing?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:14 pm

coach p is fired up

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:22 pm

i've not previously noticed how easily he could become a ferrell character
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Robinson until proven otherwise has absolute hands of stone.

Fast black guys who can't catch and slow white guys who can't get open pretty much sums up our WRs until I see anything different.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:39 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Robinson until proven otherwise has absolute hands of stone.

Fast black guys who can't catch and slow white guys who can't get open pretty much sums up our WRs until I see anything different.

oh
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:09 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Robinson until proven otherwise has absolute hands of stone.

Would a mulatto that was kind of fast who could get sort of open and make the catch half the time make you happy?
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm firmly of the belief that Robinson's issues were not about hands but rather concentration. Might have been related to starting to play WR 3 weeks before the season started and then being asked to be a legitimate starting WR on a team with zero guys that could throw.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:23 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:

Would a mulatto that was kind of fast who could get sort of open and make the catch half the time make you happy?

Where is bud collins when you need him?

Oh right, he's roasting in hell getting a molten lava enema from Prince.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

where's barbaro?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:16 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:coach p is fired up

It's like no one tells him when the picture is being taken
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:19 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

where's barbaro?

He's being roasted on a spit, stuffed with a flayed Harambe.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby StratEagle on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:11 am

StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:58 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:

A fucking extraterrestrial who fits that mold would make me happy.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:00 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:He's being roasted on a spit, stuffed with a flayed Harambe.

Wrong. They are both alive and well, patiently waiting for Jerry Sandusky and Jared Fogle.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:46 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:

A fucking extraterrestrial who fits that mold would make me happy.

It's this. Get open and catch the ball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm firmly of the belief that Robinson's issues were not about hands but rather concentration. Might have been related to starting to play WR 3 weeks before the season started and then being asked to be a legitimate starting WR on a team with zero guys that could throw.

You could be right, that Cuse game was embarrassing for him either way.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Bright side, Tyler Rouse is running stairs...
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:39 am

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:42 am

Herald:
Boston College coach Steve Addazio had his three quarterbacks operating extensively from the shotgun formation during yesterday’s intersquad scrimmage at Alumni Stadium.

The Eagles’ third scrimmage marked the end of training camp. Addazio and his staff will begin game-planning today for BC’s season opener against Atlantic Coast Conference opponent Georgia Tech on Sept. 3 in Dublin, Ireland.

Kentucky graduate transfer Patrick Towles directed the Eagles’ first-team offense from the shotgun for most of the first half. Towles started 22 games and passed for more than 5,000 yards with the Wildcats, and he has extensive experience from the ’gun.

“The shotgun gives you a little better perspective, I think,” Towles said. “It gives you a little bit more room when you are playing against really good defenses like we do.”

Redshirt sophomore Darius Wade is more of a read-option passer who normally begins most plays under center. Wade started the first three games in 2015 before suffering a broken ankle against Florida State on Sep. 18. True freshman Anthony Brown looked comfortable away from center, on both pass and running plays.

Addazio refused to divulge who will be his starting quarterback for the opener.

Addazio would normally make that kind of personnel announcement during his Monday press briefing on game week, but he said he will carry that secret onto the Aer Lingus jet that will transport the Eagles to the Emerald Isle.

“I’m not saying just to be honest with you,” Addazio said.

Towles did practice with the first offense but has not completely outshined Wade in the three intersquad scrimmages.

Pick city

Three consecutive series in the first quarter ended with midfield interceptions. Redshirt freshman cornerback Mehdi El Attrach jumped a sideline route and picked off Wade with 7:01 remaining.

Sophomore linebacker Sharrieff Grice got in between an underneath toss from Towles. Redshirt freshman defensive end Tanner Karafa went up and picked Wade from just behind the line of scrimmage.

Tech support

The longest gain from scrimmage came from sophmore running back Richard Wilson while working with the Eagles’ scout team against the first defense early in the second half.

Wilson quickly hit the line and broke into the secondary. Wilson had gained about 40 yards when the play was whistled dead before he reached the end zone.

Senior tailback Myles Willis, who was a dual-threat quarterback in high school, did a fine job simulating the Yellow Jackets triple-option attack and their dynamic senior quarterback Justin Thomas.

Willis called his own number on five option runs but ran into stiff resistance in the red zone against BC’s first defense. Inside the 10-yard line, the defense forced a fumble that was returned to the 30 by junior middle linebacker Connor Strachan of Wellesley.

Special plays

Sophomore kicker Colton Lichtenberg struggled in the first half but found his range in the second, nailing his final three kicks with a long of 31 yards. . . .

Junior wide receiver Charlie Callinan made a nice play on the coverage team during an onside kick, dashing to the sideline to recover the bouncing ball after it had travelled the required 10 yards.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... ork_out_of
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Bright side, Tyler Rouse is running stairs...

?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:40 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Bright side, Tyler Rouse is running stairs...

?

Did you watch the absurd "#Boston'sCollege[butnotreally] campaign video. Rouse runs stairs a lot.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Dont know if this was brought up yet but Cam Seward transferred to Georgetown.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Phenomenal "Flutie got screwed, he's a solid D-1 QB" discussion going on over at the Island of Misfit Posters.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Phenomenal "Flutie got screwed, he's a solid D-1 QB" discussion going on over at the Island of Misfit Posters.

I'm not sure what I enjoy more, the analysis ("There is not a QB on earth who could have done better than Flutie did last year.") or gems like "Go over cook some meatball Steve."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: Island of Misfit Posters.

Which one is that?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium