The Struggle for Ticket Sales Goes Continues...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: The Struggle for Ticket Sales Continues...

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:28 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:TRE and Huang are getting back to their old trick of "tag-teaming."

i think "boredom" is the better term for it

It's a good think Pete isn't in the room with you and Huang. He'd chide you for not working.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:A shoutout wouldn't have hurt ATL ;)

Sorry. My bad. The challenge was that I one of the guys who told me about the dbs stuff didn't want me to give enough details in case it wasn't wide spread. But I have three cases where people were recently offered dbs seats without donations.

I received this offer. There was going to be a slight price increase, but no required donation. I told them that I knew they were struggling, so I'd be happy to do it for no price increase. They declined...I told them I expected to hear from them when they got real desperate and how it would be sooner rather than later. That guy doesn't like me much.

He doesn't like you, but that's because you insisted on arguing with him in Spanish. You're in America now, so cut the crap.

i picture the two of you typing from the same room now that you're married so this exchange is funny to me

I pictured the same thing, except they had their laptops lined up so it looked like they were playing Battleship.

Wrong. We're playing RISK. Nick's been particularly stubborn about giving up AIDS-riddled Congo. Maybe Parker Brothers was talking about RISK of infectious butt-diseases.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:42 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Sorry. My bad. The challenge was that I one of the guys who told me about the dbs stuff didn't want me to give enough details in case it wasn't wide spread. But I have three cases where people were recently offered dbs seats without donations.

I received this offer. There was going to be a slight price increase, but no required donation. I told them that I knew they were struggling, so I'd be happy to do it for no price increase. They declined...I told them I expected to hear from them when they got real desperate and how it would be sooner rather than later. That guy doesn't like me much.

He doesn't like you, but that's because you insisted on arguing with him in Spanish. You're in America now, so cut the crap.

i picture the two of you typing from the same room now that you're married so this exchange is funny to me

I pictured the same thing, except they had their laptops lined up so it looked like they were playing Battleship.

Wrong. We're playing RISK. Nick's been particularly stubborn about giving up AIDS-riddled Congo. Maybe Parker Brothers was talking about RISK of infectious butt-diseases.

Serious question: is AIDs still a big thing in Africa? Or was that just in the late 90s?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 am

campion {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I am undefeated at that game. Whenever I played I would always put everything I had into fortifying the North Pole and nothing else. I always either won by attrition or my opponents gave up, exasperated by my refusal to "take the game seriously."

That Seinfeld episode was on last week, always a good laugh.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:55 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Serious question: is AIDs still a big thing in Africa? Or was that just in the late 90s?

Ask IB...he knows all from his 1993 AIDS-awareness class that was utterly useless because he is AIDSproof.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:55 am

campion {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I am undefeated at that game. Whenever I played I would always put everything I had into fortifying the North Pole and nothing else. I always either won by attrition or my opponents gave up, exasperated by my refusal to "take the game seriously."

I bet you keep your checkers pieces in the home row.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:23 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I bet you keep your checkers pieces in the home row.

Ah yes, North Pole. No matter how many times I played Risk, there would always be the eventual 150-army-on-a-side, slug-fest, between Iceland and Greenland.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:19 am

Gene's minion {l Wrote}:I wanted reach out to you and ensure you were aware of the great opportunity we have for this coming fall. Our Athletic Director, Gene DeFilippo, has created an exclusive offer for former student-athletes to show how much we appreciate your continued support of our Athletic program.

Because you were a student-athlete, Gene is going to wave the annual contribution, otherwise required, of seats in the premier section of Alumni Stadium for football games. We want you to come back to Boston College for football and enjoy all that the game day experience has to offer at a tremendous discount.

Please contact me at 617-552-2171 and I can provide you with all the detail and get you set up with seats for this fall! Thank you again for your commitment to our university and I look forward to hearing back from you about this opportunity.

Thanks,
Gene's minion
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:22 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Gene's minion {l Wrote}:I wanted reach out to you and ensure you were aware of the great opportunity we have for this coming fall. Our Athletic Director, Gene DeFilippo, has created an exclusive offer for former student-athletes to show how much we appreciate your continued support of our Athletic program.

Because you were a student-athlete, Gene is going to wave the annual contribution, otherwise required, of seats in the premier section of Alumni Stadium for football games. We want you to come back to Boston College for football and enjoy all that the game day experience has to offer at a tremendous discount.

Please contact me at 617-552-2171 and I can provide you with all the detail and get you set up with seats for this fall! Thank you again for your commitment to our university and I look forward to hearing back from you about this opportunity.

Thanks,
Gene's minion

Does it take athleticism to run straight forward? Student-participant is more like it. :whammy
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:29 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Thanks,
Gene's minion

Does it take athleticism to run straight forward? Student-participant is more like it. :whammy

don't you have a ghey wedding to attend to, chalupa?

p and s. who's the "groom", you or nick?

* i respeck you

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:31 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Thanks,
Gene's minion

don't you have a ghey wedding to attend to, chalupa?

p and s. who's the "groom", you or nick?

* i respeck you

Nothing to attend to until I send out the tweet for the location of the flash mob reception! I hope that guy from Star Wars comes
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:34 am

hansen {l Wrote}:p and s. who's the "groom", you or nick?

I've never met Pedro nor do I intend to, but I've been told he's a power-bottom. :chewbanka
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:26 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I've never met Pedro nor do I intend to, but I've been told he's a power-bottom. :chewbanka

He does all the work by generating most of the power??

Speed's the name of the game.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:30 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Truth be told, I only discovered that term a few weeks ago, and I still don't really understand it. The reason I posted it here was because I was hoping someone would elucidate it. The other option--doing a google video search--didn't seem very appealing.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:02 pm

In my homeland, this is a power-bottom. I do not have such skills.

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:04 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:In my homeland, this is a power-bottom. I do not have such skills.

I thought you're from South Ballmer.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:06 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:In my homeland, this is a power-bottom. I do not have such skills.

Admit it, you were expecting (and hoping for) a video of Omar shaking his tukus.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:07 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Admit it, you were expecting (and hoping for) a video of Omar shaking his tukus.

You come at the king, you best not miss.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:13 pm

campion {l Wrote}:In East Boston the girls train each muscle to act independently. They work the right cheek on M-W-F, and the left on T-Th-S. Sunday they rest.

Are you talon?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:27 pm

campion {l Wrote}:In East Boston the girls train each muscle to act independently. They work the right cheek on M-W-F, and the left on T-Th-S. Sunday they rest.

Am I supposed to be turned on that she's on her hands on knees next to a toilet? This girl has problems. My guess is she had a traumatic event, like a hangnail, in her past that caused this behavior.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:02 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Are you talon?

Now THAT would be a twist of epic proportions....

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:07 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Truth be told, I only discovered that term a few weeks ago, and I still don't really understand it. The reason I posted it here was because I was hoping someone would elucidate it. The other option--doing a google video search--didn't seem very appealing.

A power bottom generates all the power by doing most of the work...speed has everything to do with it--the speed of the bottom informs the top how much pressure he's supposed to apply.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:32 pm

gene's minion {l Wrote}:
I want to follow up about the opportunity to get discounted football tickets for student-athlete alumni. Unfortunately, this deal did come to an end Friday of last week; however, I want to make sure you are able to take advantage of this. If you give me a call before the end of the week, I can lock you into these seats for the upcoming football season.

Just to briefly outline this opportunity, you are eligible to sit in donor based seating, which requires a donation of $750-$1,000 donation per seat, on top of the cost of the ticket. Since you were an athlete here, we want to show our appreciation for all of your support and offer these tickets at the flat rate of this section. For only $300 per seat you could be a season ticket holder in section S, C or Q and you can get up to four seats.

Another advantage to these sections is the new cushioning on these seats that are being put in this year. This is not something we have tried in the past, but is certainly a great addition to our stadium. 

Also, you would have first chance to renew the following year with the same offer. Based on the demand for those seats we have already receieved (because of the 2012 schedule) these tickets will be very limited. All around, this is a great deal and I wouldn't want you to miss out.

You can reach me at 617-552-xxxx and I would be happy to help set you up over the phone.

Thanks,
Gene's minion

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:46 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
gene's minion {l Wrote}:
I want to follow up about the opportunity to get discounted football tickets for student-athlete alumni. Unfortunately, this deal did come to an end Friday of last week; however, I want to make sure you are able to take advantage of this. If you give me a call before the end of the week, I can lock you into these seats for the upcoming football season.

Just to briefly outline this opportunity, you are eligible to sit in donor based seating, which requires a donation of $750-$1,000 donation per seat, on top of the cost of the ticket. Since you were an athlete here, we want to show our appreciation for all of your support and offer these tickets at the flat rate of this section. For only $300 per seat you could be a season ticket holder in section S, C or Q and you can get up to four seats.

Another advantage to these sections is the new cushioning on these seats that are being put in this year. This is not something we have tried in the past, but is certainly a great addition to our stadium. 

Also, you would have first chance to renew the following year with the same offer. Based on the demand for those seats we have already receieved (because of the 2012 schedule) these tickets will be very limited. All around, this is a great deal and I wouldn't want you to miss out.

You can reach me at 617-552-xxxx and I would be happy to help set you up over the phone.

Thanks,
Gene's minion

2 Things:
1) I wonder if they will put cushions in the upper deck endzone seats :roll: :roll:
b) Bahahhaahhahah "based on the demand we have already received for 2012".
So wait, when :pickle 's minions harrassed people, a bunch said, "No thanks the schedule sucks but I'd love to get them for 2012. Count me in!"

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:08 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
1) I wonder if they will put cushions in the upper deck endzone seats :roll: :roll:

I'm sure we will be receiving a detailed email about the new HEATED seat cushions and seatbacks in the upper end zone right after Gene's minions finish with this sale to former athletes, which has an extremely firm deadline of this Friday. Really. They mean it this time.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:28 pm

An interesting comment left on another board:

Reasons and observations on why I don’t got to BC games anymore…

My Dad has had season tickets since 1990. We would attend many games together until ‘98’ where I would stand in the student section for the next 4 years. After graduation I spent the next 4 years in the Army spending time training and deploying.

When I returned from my second Tour in Iraq there was nothing more I was looking forward to then going to a BC football game. Upon getting to Alumni Stadium I rushed over Shea field because I knew there was limited time to tailgate and catch up with some of my roommates that I haven’t seen in awhile. Little did I know that BC treats Shea like its Logan Airport, I waited in line for about 20 min then I had to show my ticket with ID and then searched. After that I felt like I was in a POW camp with Police patrolling the area. As the kickoff neared the Police went into full force and herded us out like cattle, I was waiting for the cattle prod to come for full effects. The game was lack luster and the crowd was subdued.

When the game ended I spent little time on Shea and decided to make the trek to MA’s. As I was crossing Chestnut Hill road I had an empty can of beer in my hand like many others crossing the road. Without warning a Boston State Police Officer put my wrist in a lock and slammed me on the hood of his car asking for ID. I handed him my Military ID and he threw it back in my face saying he wanted a drivers License (why he didn’t ask that in the 1st place, I dont know). This whole time he was asking if I was 21, reason being I had a BC SuperFan shirt on. As I was in Handcuffs waiting for the Officer to do the ID check the other Officers kept asking me my age and were surprised when I said 27. This whole time I was calm and collective and when the Officer returned he handed me my License back and said stay out of trouble.

From this day on I have thrown away my Superfan shirts and I have not gone back to a BC game. My Dad still buys me a ticket hoping one day I’ll decide to go. All I have to say is BC knows how to treat its Alumni and Veterans at home games. And they wonder why they are having attendance problems because it looks like I’m not the only one with these experiences.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Dirtywater {l Wrote}:An interesting comment left on another board:

Reasons and observations on why I don’t got to BC games anymore…

My Dad has had season tickets since 1990. We would attend many games together until ‘98’ where I would stand in the student section for the next 4 years. After graduation I spent the next 4 years in the Army spending time training and deploying.

When I returned from my second Tour in Iraq there was nothing more I was looking forward to then going to a BC football game. Upon getting to Alumni Stadium I rushed over Shea field because I knew there was limited time to tailgate and catch up with some of my roommates that I haven’t seen in awhile. Little did I know that BC treats Shea like its Logan Airport, I waited in line for about 20 min then I had to show my ticket with ID and then searched. After that I felt like I was in a POW camp with Police patrolling the area. As the kickoff neared the Police went into full force and herded us out like cattle, I was waiting for the cattle prod to come for full effects. The game was lack luster and the crowd was subdued.

When the game ended I spent little time on Shea and decided to make the trek to MA’s. As I was crossing Chestnut Hill road I had an empty can of beer in my hand like many others crossing the road. Without warning a Boston State Police Officer put my wrist in a lock and slammed me on the hood of his car asking for ID. I handed him my Military ID and he threw it back in my face saying he wanted a drivers License (why he didn’t ask that in the 1st place, I dont know). This whole time he was asking if I was 21, reason being I had a BC SuperFan shirt on. As I was in Handcuffs waiting for the Officer to do the ID check the other Officers kept asking me my age and were surprised when I said 27. This whole time I was calm and collective and when the Officer returned he handed me my License back and said stay out of trouble.

From this day on I have thrown away my Superfan shirts and I have not gone back to a BC game. My Dad still buys me a ticket hoping one day I’ll decide to go. All I have to say is BC knows how to treat its Alumni and Veterans at home games. And they wonder why they are having attendance problems because it looks like I’m not the only one with these experiences.

I question the authenticity of this post. Very poorly written and he doesn't sound like someone who spent four years at the school. "Chestnut Hill Road?" "Boston State Police Officer?" What BC student/alum makes those mistakes after their first semester?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby fs33 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Does anyone know the price of grad student tickets? is it worth it or is easier to just buy the day of?
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby h2o on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:19 pm

campion {l Wrote}:

h2o
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:35 pm

fs33 {l Wrote}:Does anyone know the price of grad student tickets? is it worth it or is easier to just buy the day of?

I don't know the actual costs, but if you plan on attending most or all of the home games, I would think the student discount makes it worth it. But you should be able to get a non-student ticket to each game on the schedule for $20, so crunch the numbers and figure out what works best for you.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium