The Struggle for Ticket Sales Goes Continues...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: The Struggle for Ticket Sales Continues...

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:22 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Can we change the subject of this thread to "The Struggle for Ticket Sales Goes Continues?"

this still makes me laugh
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: The Struggle for Ticket Sales Goes Continues...

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:42 am

I always read the title that way without realizing. Didn't even notice the change. Amazing how ingrained some of the in-house cliches and catch phrases become.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:19 am

kinda like how i don't ever get the reaction i expect when i explain "we are close, but far away"
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Wasn't sure where else to put this one, but it looks like UNC is actually removing 12,000 seats from its football stadium

By "revamping" Kenan, UNC will be reducing its seating capacity from 63,000 to 51,000, with the project costing between $6 million to $6.5 million ahead of this coming season, according to the News & Observer. It's a project meant to fill the stadium on a more regular basis while NC State finished 29th in the country last year with an average of 56,850 fans per home game.

https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 119745612/

Before I read this, and not be all we-are-what-we-are, but I was actually thinking BC may want to consider having luxury type seating in the lower level between the 40s, like they have in Dolphins stadium. That would have the effect of reducing capacity as well.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:36 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Wasn't sure where else to put this one, but it looks like UNC is actually removing 12,000 seats from its football stadium

By "revamping" Kenan, UNC will be reducing its seating capacity from 63,000 to 51,000, with the project costing between $6 million to $6.5 million ahead of this coming season, according to the News & Observer. It's a project meant to fill the stadium on a more regular basis while NC State finished 29th in the country last year with an average of 56,850 fans per home game.

Before I read this, and not be all we-are-what-we-are, but I was actually thinking BC may want to consider having luxury type seating in the lower level between the 40s, like they have in Dolphins stadium. That would have the effect of reducing capacity as well.

I wish they’d just put actual seats in the Lower Level. 4 hours on aluminum bleachers isn’t great on the back
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Los on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:56 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Wasn't sure where else to put this one, but it looks like UNC is actually removing 12,000 seats from its football stadium

I wish they’d just put actual seats in the Lower Level. 4 hours on aluminum bleachers isn’t great on the back

This. 45,000 is probably about right for Alumni, but I'd be okay with dropping to 40,000 if it mean actual seats in the lower bowl, or at least in the DBS sections.

They should also consider filling in the corners of the stadium. Not necessarily with seating, but just something to create more of a bowl and keep the sound in.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:00 am

Los {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This. 45,000 is probably about right for Alumni, but I'd be okay with dropping to 40,000 if it mean actual seats in the lower bowl, or at least in the DBS sections.

They should also consider filling in the corners of the stadium. Not necessarily with seating, but just something to create more of a bowl and keep the sound in.

:laugh filling in the corners
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:15 am

You can't beat the view of parts of campus you get from the open corners.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 am

The luxury customer is what BC needs and they want club seats and luxury boxes. The upper deck over the Beacon St garage is half empty most games. Scrap that entire deck and start over. Build a new upper deck that is all club seats. Build new luxury boxes that are at the same height as the end zone boxes. Add all chair back seating on the lower level where the current walkway and luxury boxes are located.

After 15 years of offering discounts and giveaways you would think MJ would have a new approach.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:01 am

Los {l Wrote}:

This is what I needed on a Monday. Excellent.

What other improvements do you have in mind?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Los on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:53 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:

This is what I needed on a Monday. Excellent.

What other improvements do you have in mind?

I'm sitting on an awesome idea to spray paint the field turf maroon -- kinda like our own Boise Blue Turf. Just waiting for the BRA and Newton neighborhood association to approve.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium