2016 Preseason Prediction Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2016 Preseason Prediction Thread

Postby eagletx on Fri May 27, 2016 10:51 am

Blogboy says Vegas established win total for BC at 6.5. It made him happy.

Now aren't we supposed to be ACC contenders by year 5 according to the Sarge's formula for program resurrection? I mean with his uncanny ability and reputation for recruiting, the program is awash in depth and talent...but just in case,any difference making 5th years coming in 2017 that we can count on, since clearly, we will still be hobbled by youth and inexperience?

Wait a minute...what do I care? I've already ignored two "extended deadline for renewal" notices.......

Never mind!
eagletx
Campion Hall

Re: 2016 Preseason Prediction Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 27, 2016 11:43 am

how many was it last year? i think it was 5.5.

i'm not touching 6.5 with johnny wad holmes 10 foot pole
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Sat May 28, 2016 11:28 am

10 wins.

2 losses.

:koolaid :koolaid :screamyeagle :koolaid :seanwilliams :koolaid :angrychicken :angrychicken :koolaid :flagus

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat May 28, 2016 5:12 pm

The prediction of Domingo will be made after he learns if we have any additional transfers. We could really use a DT.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat May 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Georgia Tech - W
"@" UMASS - W
@ Virginia Tech - L
Wagner- W
Buffalo - W
Clemson - L
Syracuse - W
@ NC State - L
Louisville - L
@ FSU - L
UCONN - W
@ Wake - W

7-5, with any possible 8th win coming @ Virginia Tech. At NC State between Syracuse and Louisville is going to be a massive snoozer, empty stadium at 12pm. Daz teams never show up for those games. They'll at least have some energy at Tech.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun May 29, 2016 8:23 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:how many was it last year? i think it was 5.5.

The 6.5 out of Vegas was a no brainer.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun May 29, 2016 10:01 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Assuming the blocking isn't the clown car it was last year they'll get to 7.

This also assumes we don't have so many injuries, we had a million of them last year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sun May 29, 2016 10:37 pm

Would six wins save Daz' skin?
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 30, 2016 9:14 am

Image 10-2 season alert Image

daz is not a good in game coach, we have countless examples of that in only 3 years.

that being said, we lost 3 QBs & our top 5 RBs to injury. anyone find another team that had to deal with 1 of these?

now the OL couldn't block nospace after an olive garden special, maybe i'm whistling past the graveyard but the talent is upgrading along the OL. the SRs on the OL were 2 of the weakest links
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon May 30, 2016 9:45 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Image 10-2 season alert Image

daz is not a good in game coach, we have countless examples of that in only 3 years.

that being said, we lost 3 QBs & our top 5 RBs to injury. anyone find another team that had to deal with 1 of these?

now the OL couldn't block nospace after an olive garden special, maybe i'm whistling past the graveyard but the talent is upgrading along the OL. the SRs on the OL were 2 of the weakest links

I don't think the NYG '86 OL could block nospace en route to an Olive Garden special.
Just sayin'
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon May 30, 2016 3:50 pm

If Daz has any involvement in the offense it will be another losing season. Regardless of field position Daz will always run the ball up the middle on 1st and 2nd down. This is a team that lost to SU with Daz calling the plays. The whole season rides on Loffler's ability as OC and Daz staying away from the offense.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Mon May 30, 2016 4:12 pm

8-4
Enjoy.

(posted this on the 2015 thread by accident. Can't even get it right when I know the outcome)
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon May 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:If Daz has any involvement in the offense it will be another losing season. Regardless of field position Daz will always run the ball up the middle on 1st and 2nd down. This is a team that lost to SU with Daz calling the plays. The whole season rides on Loffler's ability as OC and Daz staying away from the offense.

That game was the worst exhibition of receiving and passing skills I've ever seen. Daz had no choice but to run the ball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon May 30, 2016 6:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Assuming the blocking isn't the clown car it was last year they'll get to 7.

This also assumes we don't have so many injuries, we had a million of them last year.

This along with the OL are the two main issues. Addazio got really lucky year 1 and 2 in re: to injuries, last year the bottom fell out. I don't think its possible to get as unlucky with injuries which is why I think at least 7 is very possible, if OL takes big step could be even higher
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon May 30, 2016 6:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:[img][img]http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/dd/ec/ddecf0ced88cca47ff9a9f32330c417b.png[/img]

We lost 4 OLs that started last season: Bowen 7 LT, 3 RT; Williams 3 RG, 9 LG; Taylor 3 OC; Hendren 2 RT. It was the worst BC OL Domingo has seen since the final years of Cowboy Jack's tenure.
The 1st team OLine throughout the spring was: Monteiro, Cashman, Baker, Lindstrom, Schmal.
Monteiro started the last 5 games and showed ability though he often looked like he had no clue what he was supposed to be doing.
Cashman started the first 7 games at RT and was terrible. He was finally benched in favor of Hendren and then Bowen. Supposedly he is a better OG than OT.
Baker started 3 LG 9 OC and was ok.
Lindstrom started the last 9 games at RG and was dramatically overmatched physically. He will be 30+lbs bigger next season and is said to be our best OL (tallest midget?).
Schmal never started but played a lot at LT & RT. Like Lindstrom, he was not physically ready for ACC play.
The transfer (what's his name?) could start at RG, RT or LT, and then Montiero would be moved to RT.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 31, 2016 6:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:[img][img]http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/dd/ec/ddecf0ced88cca47ff9a9f32330c417b.png[/img]

We lost 4 OLs that started last season: Bowen 7 LT, 3 RT; Williams 3 RG, 9 LG; Taylor 3 OC; Hendren 2 RT. It was the worst BC OL Domingo has seen since the final years of Cowboy Jack's tenure.
The 1st team OLine throughout the spring was: Monteiro, Cashman, Baker, Lindstrom, Schmal.
Monteiro started the last 5 games and showed ability though he often looked like he had no clue what he was supposed to be doing.
Cashman started the first 7 games at RT and was terrible. He was finally benched in favor of Hendren and then Bowen. Supposedly he is a better OG than OT.
Lindstrom started the last 9 games at RG and was dramatically overmatched physically. He will be 30+lbs bigger next season and is said to be our best OL (tallest midget?).
Schmal never started but played a lot at LT & RT. Like Lindstrom, he was not physically ready for ACC play.
The transfer (what's his name?) could start at RG, RT or LT, and then Montiero would be moved to RT.

Last year made it impossible to tell what we have at the skill positions based on the OL.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue May 31, 2016 8:51 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:If Daz has any involvement in the offense it will be another losing season. Regardless of field position Daz will always run the ball up the middle on 1st and 2nd down. This is a team that lost to SU with Daz calling the plays. The whole season rides on Loffler's ability as OC and Daz staying away from the offense.

Also regardless of time left in a half, timeouts available, current score, and capability of kicking game. But then again, he always looks really mad when things don't work out so I just assume somebody else screwed up.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 31, 2016 11:00 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

Also regardless of time left in a half, timeouts available, current score, and capability of kicking game. But then again, he always looks really mad when things don't work out so I just assume somebody else screwed up.

With our OLine, a walk on from Wellsley and a group of WRs that were a joke, do you blame him?

Last year was horrible, but I don't know what exactly people expected with the personnel we had healthy.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:46 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

With our OLine, a walk on from Wellsley and a group of WRs that were a joke, do you blame him?

Last year was horrible, but I don't know what exactly people expected with the personnel we had healthy.

to run another play or two at the goal line against wake. but i guess that is on the oline, walk on from wellsley and the group of wrs, isn't it man-with-the-microscopic-dick?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:15 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Last year made it impossible to tell what we have at the skill positions based on the OL.

Based on what Domingo saw at teh Spring Game, we will be dramatically better at the WR and QB positions next season. RB all depends on Hiliman staying healthy. No one ever would call TE a "skill" position in what we have seen in the last 3 seasons, but we will be better there as well.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:16 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Based on what Domingo saw at teh Spring Game, we will be dramatically better at the WR and QB positions next season.

1. You should stick with the third-person thing.
b. By "next season," do you mean 2016 or 2017?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:43 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:... Domingo ...

tre agrees
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:14 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

tre agrees

Huang agrees. Wang does not. Christopher and TDW are noncommittal.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:42 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

tre agrees

how about tobsux?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:45 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

tre agrees

how about tobsux?

I think he's dead. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:08 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

tre agrees

how about tobsux?

he's the one that had the baby born with zikaids?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:19 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Based on what Domingo saw at teh Spring Game, we will be dramatically better at the WR and QB positions next season.

b. By "next season," do you mean 2016 or 2017?

2016. Domingo can only see so far into the future.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:44 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

tre agrees

how about tobsux?

he's the one that had the baby born with zikaids?

Yes. Kathleen Turner is the mother. :shock:
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Re: 2016 Preseason Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:13 pm

When do summer classes begin?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:19 pm

GT - L
@Umass - W
@VT - L
Wagner - W
Buffalo - W
Clemson - L
Syracuse - W
@NC State - L
Louisville - L
Florida St - L
UConn - W
Wake - W

Monday at Noon Bowl - L

We score over 20 points: 4 games

6-7 (2-6), contract extension.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium