REAL BOSTON COLLEGE TRIVIA

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: REAL BOSTON COLLEGE TRIVIA

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:52 pm

campion {l Wrote}: Honestly, Wang, did you know a single answer on this quiz? GREAT WORK!!![/color][/size]

I knew about the turf at the plex :shake
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Supporting link

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-footb ... adium.html

"The roots of Alumni Stadium and on-campus football at Boston College date back to 1915, when the original Alumni Stadium was dedicated. The facility was located on middle campus on the site of today's campus green. "

Your contest is a flawed as 81's - My quote is from the official Atletic site of Boston College Eagles and your question made no mention of the current facility just "Alumni Stadium"

My information is from the official BC Athletic site - you cannot appeal to other sources. Man up and crown me the winner
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby AMDG on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:57 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:That brochure says BC-Air Force.

it is the program for the air force game - the picture is from BC - Tulane.
AMDG
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:00 pm

campion {l Wrote}:The old place was always called Alumni Field. The new place, Alumni Stadium. I even checked Fr. Dunnigan and Donovan's History of Boston College, where "Field" is used for the dustbowl place. But look below:

Curiously, however, I found this to further muddy the waters:

The only muddy waters are in the gentleman who is playing twister's underwear. Pay up
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:04 pm

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby AMDG on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:06 pm

"The roots of Alumni Stadium and on-campus football at Boston College date back to 1915, when the original Alumni Stadium was dedicated. The facility was located on middle campus on the site of today's campus green. "

Your contest is a flawed as 81's - My quote is from the official Atletic site of Boston College Eagles and your question made no mention of the current facility just "Alumni Stadium"

My information is from the official BC Athletic site - you cannot appeal to other sources. Man up and crown me the winner

http://at.bc.edu/webcams/dustbowl/
BC.Edu calls it Alumni Field

http://bcm.bc.edu/issues/summer_2007/linden_lane/this-old-stadium.html
From BCM
AMDG
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Admit you have been out-Campioned and declare two winners as 81 was forced to do and accept the avatar of 81s choosing like a man
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:08 pm

I love those old programs.

That cheerleader is flashing too much calf and ankle for those freshman.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:17 pm

campion {l Wrote}:I have not been out campioned. I can mop jizz faster than anyone on this board.
1. I knew the difference between Alumni Field and Stadium before I posted the list.
2. I knew about the 1938 night game (with rented lights).
3. I asked about Alumni Stadium-- if it were a trick question I would have used the 38 game as my answer.
4. I and AMDG have provided unimpeachable academic sources which affirm that Alumni Field was on the dustbowl. You cite a website written by some 1956378289BeaconFavre type grad assistant in a windowless room in Conte Forum.

Suck an orange. Wang wins.

YEAH! SUCK AN ORANGE!!!

Seriously, who doesn't know the difference between Alumni Field and Alumni Stadium? Pfft.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:24 pm

I don't dispute the existence of Alumni Field - but - the official BC Athletics web site clearly states "Alumni Stadium"

I don't dispute Wang's victory. I do dispute that I am not champion. In Campy's abstentia I crown myself co-champ and shall forever more hold that crown. Congraulations on your co-victory Wang
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:27 pm

campion {l Wrote}:

I understand the limitations of writing with rope, but this program clearly says BC is playing "Mavy."
Last edited by apbc12 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:28 pm

campion {l Wrote}:Finally, check page 105. And always remember that History does not belong to the victors; history belongs to the man with the best sources.
http://books.google.com/books?id=jfwyQ4 ... 22&f=false

i like page 2 better. I am fairly ignorant to earlier eras of BC football and this i hadn't heard before RE: the hail mary and switching the schedules so Flutie and Kosar could matchup on the weekend after thanksgiving:

"The networks paid Rutgers $80,000.00 to drop a scheduled game against Miami that had been set for the post-holiday weekend. Rutgers official, who years later would chide Boston College and Miami for leaving the Big East Conference, accepted the networks cash, and the Scarlet Knights played an abbreviated 10-game schedule in 1984 finishing with a 7-3 record and failing to attract a post season bowl invitation."

Stupid Rutgers.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:38 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:I have not been out campioned. I can mop jizz faster than anyone on this board.
1. I knew the difference between Alumni Field and Stadium before I posted the list.
3. I asked about Alumni Stadium-- if it were a trick question I would have used the 38 game as my answer.
4. I and AMDG have provided unimpeachable academic sources which affirm that Alumni Field was on the dustbowl. You cite a website written by some 1956378289BeaconFavre type grad assistant in a windowless room in Conte Forum.

YEAH! SUCK AN ORANGE!!!

Seriously, who doesn't know the difference between Alumni Field and Alumni Stadium? Pfft.

AS your prize, Wang, you may have your pick of any of my wives for the upcoming Veterans' Day weekend. Let me know which one you want, and what time I should book her flight into WPB. Congratulations.

Is your current wife the same one that I did when you lived in Boca? If so, I don't want her. Cold fish.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Campion - you are slow to respond - I am claiming victory! As my prize you must agree to the avatar of 81s choosing.

I WANT MY PRIZE--THE TWISTER PICTURE AS CAMPIONS AVATAR
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:50 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:I don't dispute the existence of Alumni Field - but - the official BC Athletics web site clearly states "Alumni Stadium"

I don't dispute Wang's victory. I do dispute that I am not champion. In Campy's abstentia I crown myself co-champ and shall forever more hold that crown. Congraulations on your co-victory Wang

I recognize your co-victory NO. xo 81.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:53 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

YEAH! SUCK AN ORANGE!!!

AS your prize, Wang, you may have your pick of any of my wives for the upcoming Veterans' Day weekend. Let me know which one you want, and what time I should book her flight into WPB. Congratulations.

Is your current wife the same one that I did when you lived in Boca? If so, I don't want her. Cold fish.

I agree. Pick one of the other ones.

I need pictures
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:56 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

YEAH! SUCK AN ORANGE!!!

I need pictures

Sheesh. I am spending morning, noon and night running the Weekly Upset Special and the Weekly Trivia. I have to friggin fact check the crap out of everything now. My two fun little games have consumed me. It's a revenge worse than anything the Rat Pack could have bestowed upon me. :whiteflag :whiteflag
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:01 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

YEAH! SUCK AN ORANGE!!!

I need pictures

Done. Check your inbox.

The third, fourth, and sixth will do. I already did #5. One, two, and seven are gross. Why were you with them?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:32 pm

I WANT MY PRIZE

I so enjoyed watching the shit storm caused by some vague questions/answers by Campion. Sweet revenge. :popcorn :popcorn
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:57 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:I WANT MY PRIZE

I so enjoyed watching the shit storm caused by some vague questions/answers by Campion. Sweet revenge. :popcorn :popcorn

Just tyring to help a brotha out
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Just tyring to help a brotha out

Thanks. How do you know about the Marlboro Shamrocks? I come from Marlboro. Perennial EFL Champs and a couple of National Championships at the Semi-Pro level.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Doesn't everyone know of the now defunct Shammys, long time terror of the EFL?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:04 pm

The NBA is gonna fine this thread.

WTF is going on here?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:33 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Doesn't everyone know of the now defunct Shammys, long time terror of the EFL?

I know many of the old players and coaches. Dennis Kelly, Bill Lafreniere, the Brennan's, Huck Hannigan, Dutch Holland etc. Are you from the Marlboro area or just an EFL fan. Their big rivals were the Hyde Park Cowboys I think and the Middleboro Cobras.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby holycross87 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:23 pm

My father (also an HC grad) and grandfather went to that '72 Tulane game...Green Wave 10-0 F btw....I think I still have that same program somewhere.

Interestingly, researching that game...the Grateful Dead were playing in Boston that same night....apropos of nothing.

http://www.dead.net/show/september-15-1972
holycross87
Carney Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:40 pm

campion {l Wrote}:

Unlike the challenges I offer, which I do because I know that I am correct, Notorious Orange's challenges were denied because I had the facts marshalled on my side. It was hardly a shitstorm.

You sure have/had your facts together. You have now forced me to research my top-of-the head trivia to make sure it's correct. That's a good thing. On this board, you can leave no opening for reprisal. Lesson learned.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium