POLL - in light of the 14/15 salary listing...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

who is the biggest thief?

sgt slaughter - $2,333,628
26%
coach champion - 1,249,617
3%
jimmy mac - 1,140,225
6%
butt-cut - 643,739
65%

Total votes : 31

POLL - in light of the 14/15 salary listing...

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:23 am

this will be a difficult decision and i wish i could vote for 3
Last edited by TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Re: POLL - in light of the 14/15 salary listing...

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:40 am

i voted for slaughter purely because of the size of the number. jimmy mac only gets paid half as much to not win conference games so in my mind, that makes him only half as much of a thief
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:42 am

buttcut

he hired both of them
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:42 am

1. slaughter
2. bates
3. jimmy mac

the only reason bates is ahead of jimmy mac is because i have zero clue as to what he does. i know jimmy mac at least has to be doing things at bc, and despite doing them quite poorly, its better than what i envision bates does, which is wander out of his waterworks condo at 10, get to campus and sit on his computer til lunch, walk around the res gene style, go back to his computer and leave at 4.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:43 am

He strings another shit season together and I will vote Slaughter. In the meantime, no one should be voting for York, and JC doesn't make much and hasn't been here long. Frankly the guy doing the hiring is hard to overlook
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:48 am

Also, are you using total compensation or base salary? Bates' total compensation was $643,739 and Christian's actual base salary was under a million. Pick one.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:51 am

~60% of York's salary was in other comp. me thinks a lot of that is a bonus as the new contract kicks in
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:59 am

Very difficult choice because they are all terrible at what they do but is Bates a bigger thief because he is the one that is running the whole shitshow or does it make him less if a thief because he makes less money that Addazio and Christian or is Addazio automatically the biggest thief because he steals the most money or does it make him just seem like he is more of a thief because he is in the highest profile position or is Christian the biggest thief because he seemingly does very little yet he makes a lot of money or is he less of a thief because he can still hang onto the excuse that he came in with relatively nothing and is still in the process of the rebuild and why is York even on this list because just pay the guy whatever he wants because he is the only positive thing that this crew has going for itself but you can replace him with Leahy on this list because that guy has just been phoning it in for the last decade or so and just watched Greasy Gene and Bates do nothing to improve BC athletics other than throw out some phony press release that they may be building new fields and an indoor practice facility at some point if everyone that they have cowered to over the past decade and a half gives them the ok which brings up another point which is it was interesting that the press release announcing these things came out right when the press started to realize that BC hadn't won a conference game in football or basketball in over a year which is not just horrendous but abysmal and normally someone would be fired along the way but not any of these clowns but hey what do I know everything must be ok because Addazio is still calling people dudes and Christian is doing whatever Christian does and Bates is supposedly calling people to see if it will be ok if BC puts together some plans for an indoor practice facility that they can show some people who will extort BC for more money and maybe those plans will be approved so that construction can begin sometime before 2022.

I voted for Bates.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Also, are you using total compensation or base salary? Bates' total compensation was $643,739 and Christian's actual base salary was under a million. Pick one.

the heights wouldn't open for me this morning so i quoted the numbers out of the t00bz article. i went back and changed buttcut's

that said, i would hope the additional $50k wouldn't be the swing part of the decision
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:05 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Also, are you using total compensation or base salary? Bates' total compensation was $643,739 and Christian's actual base salary was under a million. Pick one.

the heights wouldn't open for me this morning so i quoted the numbers out of the t00bz article. i went back and changed buttcut's

that said, i would hope the additional $50k wouldn't be the swing part of the decision

Just noting that Christian's actually salary is under a million. I'm okay with using total compensation, but let's not undersell Thief #1
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:09 am

oh yes, buttcut is a tremendous slouch and i would never sell him short.

but sarge oozes insincerity and has made it clear more than once that his motto is "fuck everyone one else, i'm my primary concern and everyone else gets window dressing." i can't put a finger on it but i don't like the guy. never have. from his first "rah rah" press conference he turned me off and made me wonder what the hell the ad just did. he won against usc and made me question my initial instinct but has since solidified that he is a weasel that will embarrass the school and the program with his low class and low intelligence ways.

bates is just a retard and you should never pick on a retard for being a retard.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:13 am

Bates.

You have to take into account what others in the field are getting (except for Bates because he's terrible).

Addazio, even if he is the worst coach in ACC history, should be making more than York because it's P5 football vs. college hockey.

We don't pay enough for a bball coach, which is why we have Christian.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:35 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:oh yes, buttcut is a tremendous slouch and i would never sell him short.

but sarge oozes insincerity and has made it clear more than once that his motto is "fuck everyone one else, i'm my primary concern and everyone else gets window dressing." i can't put a finger on it but i don't like the guy. never have. from his first "rah rah" press conference he turned me off and made me wonder what the hell the ad just did. he won against usc and made me question my initial instinct but has since solidified that he is a weasel that will embarrass the school and the program with his low class and low intelligence ways.

bates is just a retard and you should never pick on a retard for being a retard.

Sarge has also won some games here and had a small modicum of success as he rebuilt a 2 win program. I certainly fault him for recruiting only one QB that got broken, but there is a tremendous amount of overstatement here.

Your irrational hatred for the guy notwithstanding, the only reason to vote for slaughter is voting based on order of magnitude. If he weren't making double the next guy, he's be a distant third on this list.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:41 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Your irrational hatred for the guy notwithstanding, the only reason to vote for slaughter is voting based on order of magnitude. If he weren't making double the next guy, he's be a distant third on this list.

...which is really sad.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:42 am

It's certainly not great, that's for damn sure.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:43 am

what exactly has bates done in his 3.5 years here besides hire mediocre coaches and hold focus groups on student development?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:57 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:what exactly has bates done in his 3.5 years here besides hire mediocre coaches and hold focus groups on student development?

did you not see the announcement about the indoor practice facility.

there were RENDERINGS!!!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Your irrational hatred for the guy notwithstanding, the only reason to vote for slaughter is voting based on order of magnitude. If he weren't making double the next guy, he's be a distant third on this list.

...which is really sad.

oh, i agree that it would put bates in the lead by leaps and bounds but i'm not ready to move him behind mr. mac
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:03 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:what exactly has bates done in his 3.5 years here besides hire mediocre coaches, hold focus groups on student development, & hire civil aids to do shitty ms paint jobs?

fair, fixed.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:22 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:what exactly has bates done in his 3.5 years here besides hire mediocre coaches, hold focus groups on student development, & hire civil aids to do shitty ms paint jobs?

fair, fixed.

better than the other jobs civil was doing that gave him the aid
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:26 am

I voted Bates because he is the one who not only selected Jimmy Mac and Daziani (both hirings that were universally panned when announced), but is the one who decided to pay them a combined $4mm per year over an extended period. That not only means that we are sucking... it means we are sucking while paying a ton... and THAT more than anything will prevent us from fixing the mess.

BTW... the more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense that BC elevates York to AD. I didn't like the idea initially when it was discussed when buttcut was hired. But, I now think it makes the most sense. First, York is very likely coming to the end of his tenure as a head coach. As a result, we are going to have to (in the near future) deal with him no longer being on the bench. Moving him into the AD role, provides some continuity for the only program currently worth a damn. Further, since a big role of the AD is to raise money, York would likely be very effective. Donors would likely ask "how much you need coach" whenever they met. Finally... and perhaps most importantly... winners tend to be able to identify greatness. Given York's understanding of BC and what it takes to win here, my money is on him being better able to find the next Coughlin (as it is follie to think the school would break-the-bank for a proven winner).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:32 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I voted Bates because he is the one who not only selected Jimmy Mac and Daziani (both hirings that were universally panned when announced), but is the one who decided to pay them a combined $4mm per year over an extended period. That not only means that we are sucking... it means we are sucking while paying a ton... and THAT more than anything will prevent us from fixing the mess.

BTW... the more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense that BC elevates York to AD. I didn't like the idea initially when it was discussed when buttcut was hired. But, I now think it makes the most sense. First, York is very likely coming to the end of his tenure as a head coach. As a result, we are going to have to (in the near future) deal with him no longer being on the bench. Moving him into the AD role, provides some continuity for the only program currently worth a damn. Further, since a big role of the AD is to raise money, York would likely be very effective. Donors would likely ask "how much you need coach" whenever they met. Finally... and perhaps most importantly... winners tend to be able to identify greatness. Given York's understanding of BC and what it takes to win here, my money is on him being better able to find the next Coughlin (as it is follie to think the school would break-the-bank for a proven winner).

You'd have to surround York with people who understand the entire landscape of college sports and there's no way BC does that
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:32 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:1. slaughter
2. bates
3. jimmy mac

the only reason bates is ahead of jimmy mac is because i have zero clue as to what he does. i know jimmy mac at least has to be doing things at bc, and despite doing them quite poorly, its better than what i envision bates does, which is wander out of his waterworks condo at 10, get to campus and sit on his computer til lunch, walk around the res gene style, go back to his computer and leave at 4.

It's this. What on earth does Bates do on a daily basis?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:34 am

butt-cut
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:36 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:its better than what i envision bates does, which is wander out of his waterworks condo at 10, get to campus and sit on his computer til lunch, walk around the res gene style, go back to his computer and leave at 4.

I want this job.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:59 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I voted Bates because he is the one who not only selected Jimmy Mac and Daziani (both hirings that were universally panned when announced), but is the one who decided to pay them a combined $4mm per year over an extended period. That not only means that we are sucking... it means we are sucking while paying a ton... and THAT more than anything will prevent us from fixing the mess.

You'd have to surround York with people who understand the entire landscape of college sports and there's no way BC does that

Seriously? Bates was hired in part because he understands the entire landscape of college sports. How has that worked thus far? Understanding the landscape of college sports is so complicated that every single one of the 8 posters on this board understand it.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:12 am

who are the two assholes that voted for coach champion (jerry york).

you need to explain yourself or face the PRIDEhammer
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:14 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:what exactly has bates done in his 3.5 years here besides hire mediocre coaches and hold focus groups on student development?

What did he do with the other 3.4999999999999999 years?
Attachments
IPF.png
IPF.png (17.83 KiB) Viewed 12347 times
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:15 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

can i pay you $600k/year, please?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:19 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

can i pay you $600k/year, please?

done
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium