BC to the Emerald per HD.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC to the Emerald per HD.

Postby nsbcfan on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:So the real question is (assuming everyone remains undefeated), how far will Alabama or Florida drop in the BCS poll when that one team loses the SEC Championship? If they drop no lower than #6, that will keep either Boise or TCU at #7 and out of the BCS in favor of Penn State. If Alabama or Florida drops to #7, then 11-1 Penn State is royal and truly fucked as both TCU and Boise are going to the BCS right along with the SEC championship loser and 10-2 Notre Dame. If Cincinnati or Iowa (or both) drop a game, then Penn State is really fucked because TCU and Boise will go to #4 and #5 in the BCS poll and they go to the BCS no matter who wins the SEC Championship.

The only way Penn State gets to taste Oranges, is if TCU or Boise stay at #7 in the BCS poll. That is it. In order for this to happen, Iowa and Cincinnati both need to go 12-0 (pushing Boise and TCU down) and the computers need to be oh-so-forgiving to the loser of the SEC Championship. I doubt that they will be that forgiving since Boise beat what appears to be an 11-1 Oregon and TCU beat (fucking) everybody.

You truly believe that a 10-2 ND team is going to be selected over a 11-1 PSU team or a 10-2 USC team???

The only trouble Notre Dame might have is actually qualifying for the BCS. Not only do they have to win out (I think they will lose either @ Pitt or @ Stanford) but they also have to be ranked in the top 14 of the BCS standings. Even if they win out, I am not sure that will get them into the top 14. If it does, however, then 10-2 ND is a virtual lock for the Fiesta Bowl.
nsbcfan
n00b

Postby xu9697 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Wow..Penn State is already 11-1 and ND is 10-2? Did I pass out for a month (again)?

Lots of football to be played.
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:53 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:You truly believe that a 10-2 ND team is going to be selected over a 11-1 PSU team or a 10-2 USC team???

In a heartbeat.

We are talking Penn State, Ohio State or Iowa... they can easily match ticket sales for the Fiesta and would certainly travel to the location better than ND. Simply... there is no way they would pass on the 8th ranked B11 team (which will probably ranked even higher in the AP poll) than a barely eligible ND team.

In fact, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they opted for USC over ND. ND was just there in 2006. USC has never participated in it. Besides... in a time where bowls may be concerned about finances, USC fans can freaking drive to Tempe in like 5 hours.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:21 pm

We'll see.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium