Scott Shafer Steps Down at Maryland

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Scott Shafer Steps Down at Maryland

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:32 pm

I don't think this is an April Fools thing

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... pping-down

Maryland announced on Friday afternoon that defensive coordinator Scott Shafer has stepped down from his position due to "personal reasons."

“I want to thank [Maryland coach] DJ Durkin for the opportunity to be on his staff, but at this time I feel it's best to step aside to tend to personal matters,” Shafer said in a statement from the school. “I'm sincerely appreciative of his support and friendship.”

Shafer was hired by Durkin at Maryland in early December, not long after Durkin was named Maryland's new coach. Before joining Durkin's staff, Shafer had spent the last three seasons as the coach at Syracuse, where he went 14-23.

It's not clear which direction Maryland will turn to replace Shafer, but the Terps do have two other former head coaches on the coaching staff. Mike London (Virginia) coaches the defensive line, while Pete Lembo (Ball State) is in charge of special teams. London served as the defensive coordinator at Virginia in both 2006 and 2007. It's possible he could receive a promotion.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Re: Scott Shafer Steps Down at Maryland

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Too bad. Shafer is a douche who deserves to suffer for a year at Maryland.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Re: Scott Shafer Steps Down at Maryland

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Wait... when did ATL's favorite HC candidate (aside from Ryan Day) get fired by Ball State and land as a lowly ST coach for a terrible Maryland program?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium