Is Brad Bates on the Hot Seat?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Is Brad Bates on the Hot Seat?

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:12 pm

how did it feel to fail out of rpi?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:13 pm

did you ever reconcile with moneypenny? how about fr. gymbag?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:13 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The only reason you could call sports a money loser is because of the accounting allocations that go with waiving/crediting 200+ tuitions. If the BOT doesn't believe that sports matters, then they need to ask themselves why BC's admissions, ranking and endowment are so different from BU, Nova, Fordham, Holy Cross, etc. Even if you do apples to apples and just compare BC to other Jesuits universities in cities that have a similar alumni population but no Football, the impact is even more obvious. Georgetown is the only one that is doing better ranking wise, but our endowment is better and Georgetown sold their soul to big time sports three decades ago. A smart Board member should realize that Patrick Ewing did almost as much for Georgetown as Flutie did for us.

regardless, georgetown isn't a jesuit school anymore

They don't have a Jesuit president, but they are still a Jesuit school and have 7 SJs on their board.

i know they're technically a jesuit school but do they cover up crosses for their bot meetings as well?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:13 pm

do you still need to schedule regular appointments with dr. martha blyhope?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:18 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}: :Image

you are technically bad at posting and should feel bad that someone your age doesn't know how to cut-and-paste

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/sports ... the-bills/

I think he is technically bad at reading and should feel bad that he is posting another article that proves the opposite of his previously-held belief.

is jhiggi nospace?

there's one way to get closer to that answer.

hey jhiggi... does your wife/girlfriend have a kid from a previous marriage?

Not that I know of......

what's your favorite authentic italian restaurant, olive garden or macaroni grille?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Brad Bates {l Wrote}:Dear Fellow Eagles,

As a highly valued and loyal supporter, we write to provide you with an update on the state of Boston College Athletics.

I understand and certainly share your disappointment in the record of our football and men’s basketball teams this past season. Ultimately, our University mission is “Ever to Excel” and winning is a significant measure of excellence. I believe winning is important because it is developmentally meaningful, and nobody is more disappointed in the record of these two highly visible sports than our coaches and administration. We feel most for the student-athletes on these teams whose tireless efforts and dedication were not rewarded in the win-loss column.

Even the most successful intercollegiate football and basketball programs have suffered through losing seasons. Ours have understandably received more attention due to our failure to win an ACC game in these two sports this year. This has been well documented in the news media recently and will continue to be in the coming days. We offer no excuses for these unsuccessful seasons.

When times get tough, people want to know two things – how it happened and what will be done about it. How did we arrive at this point? It’s easy to cast blame, but the harder, more productive course of action is to acknowledge our failures and learn from them. What will be done about it? We have two excellent coaches in Steve Addazio and Jim Christian, and I have total confidence in their ability to fix the situation. Both understand the challenges ahead and have plans in place to address them and produce winning programs. I have absolutely no doubt they will succeed.

Administratively, the University recently announced a commitment of more than $200 million to improve athletics facilities. This speaks to the support of our administration as we continuously assess our needs and plan for the future. There are some tremendous success stories unfolding at this moment, from our women’s ice hockey team’s undefeated season, our men’s ice hockey team’s postseason possibilities and a terrific start for some of our spring sports. We completed our fall sports seasons with our highest fall finish ever in the Learfield Sports Director’s Cup standings. Great things are happening in BC Athletics.

Yet, in the world of college athletics, we must also win in football and basketball. As we have in the past, we will fight back, and we will win. We are BC.

Thank you for your patience, loyalty and continued support.

Sincerely,

Brad Bates
William V. Campbell Director of Athletics

Sounds an awful lot like GDF's "Things are never as bad as they seem..." responses.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:25 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
Brad Bates {l Wrote}:This has been well documented in the news media recently and will continue to be in the coming days. We offer no excuses for these unsuccessful seasons.

Sounds an awful lot like GDF's "Things are never as bad as they seem..." responses.

incoming!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:26 pm

fuck him
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Will it highlight our fantastic standing in the Learfield Sports Director's Cup? Because I'm on pins and needles to learn what that actually is.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:32 pm

lololololololololololololol
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:32 pm

How much of that $200,000,000 is going to hoops? Right, 0.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:35 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:How much of that $200,000,000 is going to hoops? Right, 0.

they'll have access to the fieldhouse. now, whether they get full access (mini golf, spa, etc.) remains to be seen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:37 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:How much of that $200,000,000 is going to hoops? Right, 0.

they'll have access to the fieldhouse. now, whether they get full access (mini golf, spa, etc.) remains to be seen

Maybe college basketball will become like tennis. By this I mean BC basketball's access to the field house might lead to its discovery that it plays best on grass, and we will use this to establish a unique home court advantage.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:41 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
Brad Bates {l Wrote}:This has been well documented in the news media recently and will continue to be in the coming days. We offer no excuses for these unsuccessful seasons.

incoming!

Very, very interesting inclusion right there.

He should have just waited until Monday so he would only have to write one email.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:42 pm

I would hope that the field house includes a facility for basketball. If not that would be dumb.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:42 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

you are technically bad at posting and should feel bad that someone your age doesn't know how to cut-and-paste

I think he is technically bad at reading and should feel bad that he is posting another article that proves the opposite of his previously-held belief.

is jhiggi nospace?

Not that I know of......

that's not what she told foot...
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Mike_S on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:42 pm

Just because it caught my interest...

BC is 26th in the latest standings I could find: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nac ... 4stand.pdf

Syracuse (2), UNC (3), ND (9), FSU (12), Clemson (17), Duke (19), Georgetown (21), Louisville (23) are some of the notables ahead...
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:47 pm

All you whiners better pony up some serious coin towards that $200 million cost of the improvements. This is your chance. The sooner the cash starts flowing the sooner those buildings get built. You only have yourselves to blame if this takes too long.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:All you whiners better pony up some serious coin towards that $200 million cost of the improvements. This is your chance. The sooner the cash starts flowing the sooner those buildings get built. You only have yourselves to blame if this takes too long.

It took 3.5 years for BC to be interested in obtaining permits and produce a MS Paint rendering of an airport hangar. I don't think we can rush anything.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:50 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:All you whiners better pony up some serious coin towards that $200 million cost of the improvements. This is your chance. The sooner the cash starts flowing the sooner those buildings get built. You only have yourselves to blame if this takes too long.

This is sarcasm, right BME?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:53 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I get that the article attacks the ridiculous spending going on in college but don't think it supports the statement that BC athletics should be running a huge deficit. The article points to facility spending as a large reason why schools are running huge deficits, last time I checked we don't spend much on facilities. And not running a huge deficit is predicated on a capable AD, obviously.

What the article did not seem to be pointing to is the cost of scholarship. It's been discussed before, but BC allocates the full cost of tuition/books/supplies/housing/board to the athletic department as if they are writing a check to the University. Given the sheer number of sports and the wildly expensive costs associated with attending BC, you can see how quickly our athletic department starts operating at a loss. I've been told many, many times that even when we have our most successful years, Men's Hockey does not even turn a profit.

Earlier, you said something about baseball having 11-ships. Well, that means before the athletic department hires coaches, maintains fields, buys equipment, travels... they have an upfront cost of approximately $500k for scholarships. Title 9 requires you to double that number with an equal amount of chicks sports. So... in order for us to collect on the $2mm pledged annuity to build a stadium for Marin, the athletic department starts off with in an annual $1mm whole due to scholarships... God knows what that becomes after actual athletic expenses are added in.

All that said, sports is not a big money loser... we generally break even due to Flynn Fund donations making up the difference. Teams from that article were all public. Some of the more financially successful probably receive taxpayer help when building facilities. Rutgers receives none. They had to finance a bond offering which they can't afford even after the B10 move.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:57 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

is jhiggi nospace?

Not that I know of......

any "she" that tells foot anything could not have a child from a previous marriage. you can't birth a baby out of a weener
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:59 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

is jhiggi nospace?

Not that I know of......

any "she" that tells foot anything could not have a child from a previous marriage. you can't birth a baby out of a weener

not true. entirely dependent on the order of the operations.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:59 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

incoming!

He should have just waited until Monday so he would only have to write one email.

there will be no response on monday. this was a very transparent damage control effort. if he wasn't such a feckless turd, it might have been successful but, because of his feckless turdism it rings hollow and full of crap. but, what else would you expect a buttcut to spew but a bunch of crap
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:01 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

is jhiggi nospace?

Not that I know of......

foot's openly admitted that he's not into post op trannies. he likes his ladies with real weeners and fake bewbs; not the other way around
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:02 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

incoming!

there will be no response on monday. this was a very transparent damage control effort. if he wasn't such a feckless turd, it might have been successful but, because of his feckless turdism it rings hollow and full of crap. but, what else would you expect a buttcut to spew but a bunch of crap

If this was an effort at damage control, then it was a horrible, horrible effort. This barely qualifies as an acknowledgement effort.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:05 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

incoming!

If this was an effort at damage control, then it was a horrible, horrible effort. This barely qualifies as an acknowledgement effort.

he couldn't tip his hand too far because then we would know that he knew about the article. i think he is stupidly hoping for "well, maybe they won't notice the proximity of the timing of my smoke up their ass and the globe pulling things out of my ass"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:07 pm

"It's important to focus on how we're going to fix football and basketball".... "Our coaches have plans I believe in and football is getting its facility" -- Brad Bates

How does he continuosly fail to realize we need to learn the specifics in order to give our support?
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:17 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

is jhiggi nospace?

Not that I know of......

foot's openly admitted that he's not into post op trannies. he likes his ladies with real weeners and fake bewbs; not the other way around

transplanted penises are real.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/12/health/penis-transplant-south-africa-pregnancy/
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:20 pm

This article isn't going to be pretty is it on Sunday?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium