Is Brad Bates on the Hot Seat?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Is Brad Bates on the Hot Seat?

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:43 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:I can confirm that the BOT is meeting tomorrow. There may be a board dinner tonight though

Edit: this is direct from my family member in the administration

I don't think Bates is the right guy and needs to go.

Having said that the BOT needs to get the AD the resources he needs to succeed which I'm sure not he has
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:28 pm

After following up I have this info to provide:

This is the regularly scheduled quarterly meeting. The main issue at the March meeting is always the university budget.

While its possible athletics has been added to the schedule as a special agenda item, I've been told not to expect anything to come out of this meeting with respect to athletics.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:37 pm

the first money that needs to be spent by the athletic department is in hiring a non-retard as it's director. then, the non-retard can do things like plan for future facilities, fix donor giving, etc.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:39 pm

i was discussing sports with a member of the board recently and he was adamant that sports are a huge money sucker for the school and that the intangible benefits of a successful program come nowhere near offsetting the costs associated with running it
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:40 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i was discussing sports with a member of the board recently and he was adamant that sports are a huge money sucker for the school and that the intangible benefits of a successful program come nowhere near offsetting the costs associated with running it

then drop your prIBde and get out of the shit olympic sports
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:25 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:i was discussing sports with a member of the board recently and he was adamant that sports are a huge money sucker for the school and that the intangible benefits of a successful program come nowhere near offsetting the costs associated with running it

Only football and sometimes basketball bring in revenue. It's time for BC to either drop out of D1 sports all together, or time for them to listen to Tre and cut a significant number of non revenue athletic programs. It is simply unacceptable to allow this joke of a department to continue on as is.

And regardless of the course of action chosen, no BOT member should be using cost as an excuse for the current state of our Fball and Bball programs. With a smart (not even brilliant) AD and solid support from the BOT, there is no reason why this department should run a large deficit.

Is anyone privy to the financials of the Department during Matty Ice's last season? Without any knowledge of specifics, I would guess that this is a good benchmark for revenue expectations for BC should we ever have a finely tuned department. While the successes on the field are not average, I would project the revenue to be average considering Gene was not the most capable AD out there. Feel free to correct me on this last bit, as it is a total shot in the dark.

Cutting sports is a non-starter as long as the current board and President are at the helm. Contrary to popular belief, the Athletic department did not want to cut men's lax and those other two sports but there was no way to make the numbers work for title IX otherwise.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:27 pm

the problem with comparing the matty ice year is that during that year we were only paying 1 football and 1 basketball coach. those extra 2 salaries cost well more than hansen's track shoes or the swimmer's banana hammocks.

this year we're paying sarge and spaz as well as beeker and jimmy mac. i think we're done paying jagz but vinny's not legally allowed to confirm or deny that
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:34 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
And Spaz is still on the books :titanic

I thought he couldn't be anymore because he took the NMS DC job?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:59 pm

you realize you just pointed out why he was indeed correct while trying to prove why he wasn't correct right?
Last edited by commavegarage on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:14 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:you realize you just pointed out why he was indeed correct while trying to prove why he wasn't correct right?

I just did 2 seconds of googling, fine don't use UVA.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Those numbers do nothing to disprove the alleged comments from the alleged trustee.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:22 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:you realize you just pointed out why he was indeed correct while trying to prove why he wasn't correct right?

I just did 2 seconds of googling, fine don't use UVA.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Those numbers do nothing to disprove the alleged comments from the alleged trustee.

That's it, you've done it HJS. I'm going to research this shit out of this and employ Wally to put it in a readable format for everyone.

Stay tuned.

i was torn as to whether this gif would be used on you or siriuz. way to take the lead, dc'z nutz
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:29 pm

BC isn't paying Spaz or Donahue anymore. They've both taken other jobs
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:30 pm

for the record, i very much disagree with said marin compatriot and explained why i did, just relaying what i was told.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:33 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:for the record, i very much disagree with said marin compatriot and explained why i did, just relaying what i was told.

This. I bet they think that, and they are wrong.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:39 pm

1) you can paint whatever picture you want with a little creative accounting.
2) BC needs better board members if they actually believe this
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:00 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:... member of the board...

was the new duct tape in the quonset hut helpful?
Last edited by TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:... member of the board...

was the new duct tape in the quonset hut helpful?

haha, the q-hut
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:49 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Lumping all sports together as equal in revenue & intangible benefits is really, really dumb. Football & MENS basketball should always make money and are two of the three (the third being MENS hockey) that provide intangible benefits for BC. That said, I am not surprised that there are such ignorant members on the BOT.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:39 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Lumping all sports together as equal in revenue & intangible benefits is really, really dumb. Football & MENS basketball should always make money and are two of the three (the third being MENS hockey) that provide intangible benefits for BC. That said, I am not surprised that there are such ignorant members on the BOT.

iwnh but i would be fine if bc offered football, basketball, hockey & all the requisite title 9 scholarships and that's it
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:02 pm

I'm pretty sure that you could take the athletic department books down to the H&R Block kiosk at the Raleigh Walmart and find some dipshit accountant who could show the department running in the black.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:23 pm

The only reason you could call sports a money loser is because of the accounting allocations that go with waiving/crediting 200+ tuitions. If the BOT doesn't believe that sports matters, then they need to ask themselves why BC's admissions, ranking and endowment are so different from BU, Nova, Fordham, Holy Cross, etc. Even if you do apples to apples and just compare BC to other Jesuits universities in cities that have a similar alumni population but no Football, the impact is even more obvious. Georgetown is the only one that is doing better ranking wise, but our endowment is better and Georgetown sold their soul to big time sports three decades ago. A smart Board member should realize that Patrick Ewing did almost as much for Georgetown as Flutie did for us.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Perhaps Leahy and the BOT should ask the ACC for a Chicago/B1G type of arrangement. UMass could replace us for the sports component. Football games would be at Gillette with many hoop games at the Garden. I do not understand why Leahy and the BOT accepted the ACC invitation given the huge financial losses membership has cost the university.

As far as carrying extra sports, football, bball and hockey account for 116 scholarships times 2 for title 9 equals 232 in total. BC gives out a total of 270. The real cost savings would be getting rid of coaching staffs for non essential sports. Do we need to pay our AD $660,000 per year? Joining the Patroit league would allow BC to dump a lot of scholarships.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:44 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Perhaps Leahy and the BOT should ask the ACC for a Chicago/B1G type of arrangement. UMass could replace us for the sports component. Football games would be at Gillette with many hoop games at the Garden. I do not understand why Leahy and the BOT accepted the ACC invitation given the huge financial losses membership has cost the university.

As far as carrying extra sports, football, bball and hockey account for 116 scholarships times 2 for title 9 equals 232 in total. BC gives out a total of 270. The real cost savings would be getting rid of coaching staffs for non essential sports. Do we need to pay our AD $660,000 per year? Joining the Patroit league would allow BC to dump a lot of scholarships.

What the fuck
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:51 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Perhaps Leahy and the BOT should ask the ACC for a Chicago/B1G type of arrangement. UMass could replace us for the sports component. Football games would be at Gillette with many hoop games at the Garden. I do not understand why Leahy and the BOT accepted the ACC invitation given the huge financial losses membership has cost the university.

What the fuck

He's attempting real irony.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

What the fuck

I've read a lot of stupid things in my life, and I am absolutely certain that Eaglekeeper just produced the most stupid thing I have ever read
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:01 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

What the fuck

I've read a lot of stupid things in my life, and I am absolutely certain that Eaglekeeper just produced the most stupid thing I have ever read

go back through his posting history, he's said stupider
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:04 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

What the fuck

go back through his posting history, he's said stupider

Can we just make "Worst Poster" contest into a 68-team bracket of Eaglekeeper posts
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:05 am

Again, he is being ironic.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:07 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Again, he is being ironic.

agreed, but he's still a terrible poster
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:13 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Again, he is being ironic.

agreed, but he's still a terrible poster

Oh, that's true, but he wasn't being serious this time, and he was terrible at that.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium