Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:37 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i thought i was told once upon a time that there will be a dorm further beyond where the $50 mil field with a tarp over is erected. closer to the res

the upper floors of that dorm will have the advantage of being able to see how long the lines are at maryann's before they even depart, i wish i had such a thing back in the good old days
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:40 pm

You can see the dorms on the map in the plans from the link for September 6
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You can see the dorms on the map in the plans from the link for September 6

Except the chart there notes its from September 2015. The Fieldhouse isn't on that chart and was announced this February.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:47 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You can see the dorms on the map in the plans from the link for September 6

Except the chart there notes its from September 2015. The Fieldhouse isn't on that chart and was announced this February.

The field house is probably in all of the empty space.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:05 pm

They said that they are rethinking the idea of putting dorms on Shea now that the IPF is going up. I hope they put in a mini golf course because I think we can beat Clemson at mini golf.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:They said that they are rethinking the idea of putting dorms on Shea now that the IPF is going up. I hope they put in a mini golf course because I think we can beat Clemson at mini golf.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:06 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:They said that they are rethinking the idea of putting dorms on Shea now that the IPF is going up. I hope they put in a mini golf course because I think we can beat Clemson at mini golf.

i already know which hole will be the easiest... your sisters
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:57 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i already know which hole will be the easiest... your sisters

Boom, roasted
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:26 am

I can't remember where I read it or heard it, but the rumor is that BC is announcing a big fund raising initiative to build an indoor practice facility, among other glittering athletic upgrades.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:36 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:I can't remember where I read it or heard it, but the rumor is that BC is announcing a big fund raising initiative to build an indoor practice facility, among other glittering athletic upgrades.

Whenever I see stuff like this I just assume that someone read about the fund raising initiative on these boards, then talked to you about it saying they heard it from "someone who knows" instead of admitting that they still read the message boards for this shitstorm of a program. Circle jerk.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:09 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:I can't remember where I read it or heard it, but the rumor is that BC is announcing a big fund raising initiative to build an indoor practice facility, among other glittering athletic upgrades.

They already sent out postcards to fundraise for the IPF
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:32 am

The documents from the task force meeting will be posted next week.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:21 pm

http://flynnfund.bceagles.com/athletics-field-house.html

Not sure if this had been posted, but shows a picture of proposed IPF. Also what appears to be a weight facility (?) off the back
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:12 pm

Superfan: Once BC builds the IPF what else is needed in facilities excluding the stadium?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:17 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Superfan: Once BC builds the IPF what else is needed in facilities excluding the stadium?

I've said this forever, but once BC builds this IPF Football is out of excuses.

The facilities excuse has always been pretty lame.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:31 pm

IPF have become important especially when your competition has them and especially given our weather. I agree though that when this is built with a new weight room, BC should be fine. I'll defer to Superfan who has put the research hours into this topic.

I do think that the stadium remains a drawback in attracting fans and creating an electric atmosphere to attract recruits. It's easily fixable if BC will spend the money.

BC really needs a new bball arena to generate revenue for both bball and other fundraising events. Once the Flynn Complex is gone, Conte will be the oldest athletic building left. It's just time to replace what soon will be a 30 year old basic building.They need a massive fund raising effort, not a quiet 50 million campaign. What happened to John Harrington and the Yawkey Foundation money?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:53 pm

dear god shut the fuck up. if this team didn't suck your mothers cock, the fans would be there.

Back when we had a real coach and a real team, opponents all openly admitted the difficulty of playing at alumni; the intensity of having the fans right on top of the action, the noise,the intimidation.

you really need to shut up about the stadium and it's corners.

ps - shut up
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:04 am

My personal opinion is they should try to build some type of substantial weight facility that is for all varsity athletics. Would be a much easier capital raise/easier sell imo (The Mal Moore building at Bama gives the impression of a huge FB weight space, but it's really a varsity sports weight room). The more varsity wide aspects they can build into becomes an easier sell and lifts the profile of the entire athletic department.

I also think space should be created with the building of the new IPF for a new FB locker room (and FB specific equipment space) and training/sports medicine area (again something substantial used by multiple varsity sports), I've always thought that seemed very crammed into Yawkey. There are prob enough redundancies (moving equipment/infrastructure to a larger more modern space) to keep,costs relatively low while kicking in some funds to make it all more aesthetically pleasing. VT uses a model like this, with locker rooms/player space a short walk to a lane and a halftime breakout room in Lane.

It all sounds stupid, but looking at the stuff other schools have around the country, it is what it is. Whatever space you can free up in Yawkey should be devoted to more specific recruiting space (as an example, look at some of the crap UK Incorporated into their facility, I'm also not advocating a funhouse like Clemson added, but some of that recruit centric crap would be helpful) and added player lounge/ammenity type space. BC doesn't have to reinvent the wheel here, just look around the country at different school amenities and find a comparable that works.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:06 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:dear god shut the fuck up. if this team didn't suck your mothers cock, the fans would be there.

Back when we had a real coach and a real team, opponents all openly admitted the difficulty of playing at alumni; the intensity of having the fans right on top of the action, the noise,the intimidation.

ps - shut up

I also agree with this. Alumni (and conte) need some work but it's way down the list and a new basketball arena is never going to happen. All in all Alumni works and TRE is right, when BC didn't gargle balls it was one of the hardest places to play in the ACC.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:30 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:My personal opinion is they should try to build some type of substantial weight facility that is for all varsity athletics. Would be a much easier capital raise/easier sell imo (The Mal Moore building at Bama gives the impression of a huge FB weight space, but it's really a varsity sports weight room). The more varsity wide aspects they can build into becomes an easier sell and lifts the profile of the entire athletic department.

I also think space should be created with the building of the new IPF for a new FB locker room (and FB specific equipment space) and training/sports medicine area (again something substantial used by multiple varsity sports), I've always thought that seemed very crammed into Yawkey. There are prob enough redundancies (moving equipment/infrastructure to a larger more modern space) to keep,costs relatively low while kicking in some funds to make it all more aesthetically pleasing. VT uses a model like this, with locker rooms/player space a short walk to a lane and a halftime breakout room in Lane.

It all sounds stupid, but looking at the stuff other schools have around the country, it is what it is. Whatever space you can free up in Yawkey should be devoted to more specific recruiting space (as an example, look at some of the crap UK Incorporated into their facility, I'm also not advocating a funhouse like Clemson added, but some of that recruit centric crap would be helpful) and added player lounge/ammenity type space. BC doesn't have to reinvent the wheel here, just look around the country at different school amenities and find a comparable that works.

I realize it's not entirely fair to compare BC to the SEC baby rapists in what to expect from facilities, but just look at what Wake has been doing. They recently built an indoor and are now raising public money for an attached building with multiple amenities such as weight rooms, m/w bball offices, etc

http://campaign.wfu.edu/lets-roll
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:51 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:dear god shut the fuck up. if this team didn't suck your mothers cock, the fans would be there.

ps - shut up

I also agree with this. Alumni (and conte) need some work but it's way down the list and a new basketball arena is never going to happen. All in all Alumni works and TRE is right, when BC didn't gargle balls it was one of the hardest places to play in the ACC.

They're going to have to build a new Conte at some point.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:27 pm

What people are missing is the ever growing need to raise more revenue from ticket sales. Conte and Alumni lack all of the amenities needed to compete financially. When they were built and renovated coaches salaries were 75% less than what they are today. Due to their low seating capacity both venues need to generate more revenue per seat and we cannot achieve those prices without major upgrades to Alumni and a new indoor arena on the site of the Flynn Complex. It makes no sense to build another combo arena or practice facilities. You have to project out 10-15 years with your planning. At that point Conte will be over 40 years old and head coaches salaries for both sports could be 4 to 5 million per year on average.

Superfan: Yawkey is cramped due to the building having no depth. I think your right that BC should build a new weight room and football player lounge as part of the new IPF. With the outdoor practice fields just outside the doors of the IPF the location makes good sense. Yawkey could be used as you point out for more recruiting space. The Murray room opens directly into the upper deck, ideal for club seats.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:11 pm

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:13 pm

They fixed the logo in the presentation!
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:35 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:https://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/sites/imp/pdf/BC%20FH%202016-10-25_FINAL_2.pdf

Read away

So when this future housing is built where will the outdoor practice fields be located? Or will we just have the "Outdoor Playfield" that looks to be about 1/3 the size of a football playfield.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:50 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:https://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/sites/imp/pdf/BC%20FH%202016-10-25_FINAL_2.pdf

Read away

I'm glad that hydration gets its own room in the fieldhouse. It's important to stay hydrated.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:50 pm

TRE will make a joke about the while player silhouettes
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:51 pm

will there be goal posts or do they get eliminated like the diving boards in the new plex?

i figure our kicking game is so strong, we probably don't need them but i was asking for a friend
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:54 pm

Isn't 9,000 sq. ft. pretty damn small for a weight room?
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:54 pm

It's unclear where they are going to put the vault to hold the $30,000,000 that they don't spend to build this.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium