Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:00 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I think the tour I took said the stairs were rumored to have cost $1 million or something. That and they're heated. About all I know about them.

HEATED??? WTF, now you know whey BC cant come in under budget on anything. They are stairs, no one is hanging out on them.

It's more to melt ice. Same idea as a heated driveway.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:15 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I think the tour I took said the stairs were rumored to have cost $1 million or something. That and they're heated. About all I know about them.

HEATED??? WTF, now you know whey BC cant come in under budget on anything. They are stairs, no one is hanging out on them.

i think duchie might have caught your retardeds from yesterday. i thought it pretty common sensical to why stairs would be heated
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm

The stairs aren't actually heated. They are rumored to be heated at the cost of $1 millions dollars to keep off the snow and ice. Thus the name.

:|
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:45 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:First... why do they call it the Million Dollar Stairs?
Second... why don't the fatties take the fancy elevators (circa 1994) installed in the Comm Ave Garage?
Third... while this was built only 15 years ago, why not go through Maloney Hall (where they can grab a coffee in preparation for the dreaded 10 ft long bridge that connects to O'Neill)?

Nerds are the worst.

When I was there a decade or so ago the Comm Ave Garage elevators had just given way to the Hillside Elevators. Hillside Elevators to 12 or something and then you have to climb like 3 flights through the library. By far the most popular route from lower to upper. Nobody HAS to climb all those stairs.

Anyway, nerds!

The ultimate BC fatass move is taking the shuttle bus to McElroy and backtracking to wherever your class is. Sure, it took you 35 minutes to get there, but at least you didn't break a sweat.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:54 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
Second... why don't the fatties take the fancy elevators (circa 1994) installed in the Comm Ave Garage?
Third... while this was built only 15 years ago, why not go through Maloney Hall (where they can grab a coffee in preparation for the dreaded 10 ft long bridge that connects to O'Neill)?

Nerds are the worst.

When I was there a decade or so ago the Comm Ave Garage elevators had just given way to the Hillside Elevators. Hillside Elevators to 12 or something and then you have to climb like 3 flights through the library. By far the most popular route from lower to upper. Nobody HAS to climb all those stairs.

Anyway, nerds!

The ultimate BC fatass move is taking the shuttle bus to McElroy and backtracking to wherever your class is. Sure, it took you 35 minutes to get there, but at least you didn't break a sweat.

wait - are you speaking from experience? are you saying that you are a portly ladyboylover?!?!!?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:55 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

This way students don't ever need to change out of flip-flops. It also allows the university to take a stand against Cold Weather's shaming of Bare Feet.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:57 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Nerds are the worst.

Anyway, nerds!

wait - are you speaking from experience? are you saying that you are a portly ladyboylover?!?!!?

I could stand to lose a pound or two, but I have to credit my BC roommate for this one. Senior year, he figured out a way to get to all his classes without ever walking uphill.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:22 pm

When the IPF goes up on Shea Field with the outdoor practice field will there be any parking left on Shea? They already lost a lot of parking with the new dorm. A good portion of the Rec Plex is going to be replaced with a student union building, thus even less parking spaces. You have to wonder what the long term plan is for the stadium given the loss of a lot of parking spaces. The garages are already expensive and forget about the outside surface lots that start at 5k. Do they think they can get even 30k to ride a shuttle bus to the stadium?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Is Shea a ghost town now? Feel like I know nobody tailgating on it once they opened Brighton and did all the wristband stuff.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:31 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:When the IPF goes up on Shea Field with the outdoor practice field will there be any parking left on Shea? They already lost a lot of parking with the new dorm. A good portion of the Rec Plex is going to be replaced with a student union building, thus even less parking spaces. You have to wonder what the long term plan is for the stadium given the loss of a lot of parking spaces. The garages are already expensive and forget about the outside surface lots that start at 5k. Do they think they can get even 30k to ride a shuttle bus to the stadium?

The temple purchase opened up something like 120 parking spaces for football games. We can't build on that land for so many years but we are allowed to use it for football Gameday parking starting this year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:33 pm

i assume a "new shea field" will emerge on the brighton land and will continue the tradition of no fun, games or excitement that the current shea field has going for it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Yeah but you can bring alcohol onto it. So that's a small victory.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:50 pm

haven't been to shea in years, I don't think I know anyone that tailgates there anymore
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:55 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:haven't been to shea in years, I don't think I know anyone that tailgates there anymore

This is all part of Brad Bates' master plan of turning Shea into a pumpkin patch.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:58 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:haven't been to shea in years, I don't think I know anyone that tailgates there anymore

This is all part of Brad Bates' master plan of turning Shea into a pumpkin patch.

nah - claver just frequents clam bakes and costco date nights now
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:03 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I don't see why we even need Shea anymore. I mean, what with all the reduced number of seats once we make the Rez-side of Alumni all luxury boxes and club seatsing.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:14 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I don't see why we even need Shea anymore. I mean, what with all the reduced number of seats once we make the Rez-side of Alumni all luxury boxes and club seatsing.

oh yeah, well where will all these box and club seat purchasers land their choppers, smart guy?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Fucking nerds. Probably don't even know that Higgins stairs used to go straight up and none of this pussified zigzag with resting areas.[/quote]

Those Higgins stairs used to be a bitch to go up. But, on the rare occasions I attended class as a Senior, I did it without complaining.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:29 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:http://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/offices/avp/pdf/PAC%2002%2025%2016.pdf

Found this today, not sure if anyone has posted if before.

Supposedly the fieldhouse is going to cost $45 million. What can we get with $45 million?

I found this data to be fascinating and am surprised that more haven't jumped on this.....

Just did a little figuring...20 percent of $956M annual income comes from "auxiliary income", of which 32 percent come from athletics. So, if my math is correct, BC makes about $61M income from athletics. ACC annual share I think I've read is between $25-30M annually, which easily all athletic scholarship commitments.
So that means BC makes about $30M from what I assume are FF donations and ticket sales...The report seems to suggest the Baseball/softball facilities in Brighton are already funded via private donations.

Seems to me, they can continue to try and raise more private donors for the IPF, but they are certainly in a financial position to start it now, no?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:24 pm

Garage parking for Club seats and boxes works very well. Parking on the new land on Hammond Pind Parkway could be a decent tailgate area with shuttle bus service to the stadium. I think bringing the tailgating inside the stadium will help boost attendance and get people in their seats for kickoff. Tailgating spots will be further limited with the construction on the Brighton campus.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:43 pm

Report says there are 310 parking spaces at 300 Hammond Pond Parkway. Those spots will be a big help on game day.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:08 pm

Does anyone know when further announcements will be made re: the IPF?
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:14 pm

Also, it appears that the Flynn Fund website has finally been updated.

It previously showed the 2014-15 investments under the Donor Impact section. I think I last checked last week.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:57 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Report says there are 310 parking spaces at 300 Hammond Pond Parkway. Those spots will be a big help on game day.

Yes, those spots will help once BC gets permission to use them. People will bitch about the walk to campus from there, but park in general parking at an ND game and let me know how far your walk to the stadium was.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Report says there are 310 parking spaces at 300 Hammond Pond Parkway. Those spots will be a big help on game day.

Yes, those spots will help once BC gets permission to use them. People will bitch about the walk to campus from there, but park in general parking at an ND game and let me know how far your walk to the stadium was.

and how much cow, horse, and redneck shit you stepped in
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 am

So on that WZBC podcast, Bates said shovels go into the ground for the new baseball stadium in fucking March. With baseball season going February-May, it looks like the IPF will start up in god damn June 2017 at the earliest.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:So on that WZBC podcast, Bates said shovels go into the ground for the new baseball stadium in fucking March. With baseball season going February-May, it looks like the IPF will start up in god damn June 2017 at the earliest.

Help me out here.

BC can't figure out how to build 2 items simultaneously?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:05 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:So on that WZBC podcast, Bates said shovels go into the ground for the new baseball stadium in fucking March. With baseball season going February-May, it looks like the IPF will start up in god damn June 2017 at the earliest.

Help me out here.

Not when one is supposed to be built on top of the baseball field that hasn't been replaced yet.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:52 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Help me out here.

Not when one is supposed to be built on top of the baseball field that hasn't been replaced yet.

There are really simple ways around that, Clemson just played an entire home basketball season 45 minutes away while their stadium was getting redone. Have Fenway sports group pull some strings and let them play at Fenway for a season while the 2 projects are going on side by side.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:01 am

Yeah that's about as realistic as the corners getting filled in. A realistic option would be playing at Northeastern for a year or however long it takes.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium