Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Posted on TOS -- Facilities Announcement?

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:43 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Assuming this is real, I find it amusing that they are going to raze Edmonds while sparing the Mods once again.

You can't build on the Mods. The ground underneath it doesn't support it

Tokyo says hello.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:34 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:atl says: "Bates still needs a plan for Conte"

has anyone ever said anything about changing conte? nothign makes me think that building will look any different 20 years from now

hopefully it has air conditioning in 20 years
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:15 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:My relative in the administration just explained to me that Menino and his permitting process was at the heart of the lack of progress in the past.

The financial crisis and St. Mary's project didn't help either.

But now the University seems confident it will be able to get things done quickly with Mayor Walsh.

Does having John Fish on our board help? He was buddy buddy with Walsh in the Olympic bid right up until Walsh decided to heroically save Boston from implementing his plan.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:atl says: "Bates still needs a plan for Conte"

has anyone ever said anything about changing conte? nothign makes me think that building will look any different 20 years from now

hopefully it has air conditioning in 20 years

It has A/C as of a year or two ago.

So, you know, you can classify it as part of "nerdification" if you'd like/
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:30 pm

Bates and Walsh spent about 30 minutes discussing said subject at the Beanpot. BC shouldn't have any issues with the permitting
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Bates and Walsh spent about 30 minutes discussing said subject at the Beanpot. BC shouldn't have any issues with the permitting

I'm not doubting you, but how do you know this?
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:37 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Bates and Walsh spent about 30 minutes discussing said subject at the Beanpot. BC shouldn't have any issues with the permitting

There's a thread somewhere here where eepstein recounts his mission to seek out Bates and give him a piece of his mind at the Beanpot, only to be stonewalled by the undergrad hired goons that Bates hired to protect him from angry internet commenters.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:40 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

There's a thread somewhere here where eepstein recounts his mission to seek out Bates and give him a piece of his mind at the Beanpot, only to be stonewalled by the undergrad hired goons that Bates hired to protect him from angry internet commenters.

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:49 pm

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:50 pm

Exclusive footage of Bates hiding from epstein

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Quote from the updated Heights article

University spokesman Jack Dunn reiterated that the plans for the new rec center and baseball/softball fields have been approved and the University is merely awaiting permits—that being said, those projects should begin as soon as this summer. The indoor practice facilities, however, will have to go through the approval and permit process, just as those facilities did when the IMP first came out.

The original IMP had planned for undergraduate dorms to be placed on Shea Field. Since this plan was submitted to the City of Boston in 2007, Dunn said that the University will reevaluate the housing component on Shea with the indoor practice facilityslated to go next to Alumni.

Bates expressed his excitement that an indoor practice facility will bring to BC from a recruiting and standpoint.

“We have a lot of assets that are inherent to Boston College,” Bates said. “When you combine the facilities part of it, with the assets of Boston College, it just adds to the lucrativeness of Boston College to a prospective student-athlete.”

Bates also believes that an indoor practice facility will greatly help the University’s varsity sports, particularly football. Moving practices indoors allows football to avoid inclement weather in fall months. It will also negate time and lighting as an issue, and help BC simulate crowd noise of larger stadiums in the ACC without disrupting the neighboring residential area.

Though Bates said no red flags came up in the process, BC Athletics wanted to make sure that the plan was solid before making it public, given how big of an investment $200 million is.

As of now, contracts have not been estimated or put out to bid. That being said, Dunn believes that this project will create significant construction opportunities and could result in hundreds of jobs.

“We’re looking to work with the city to advance this project and to meeting with the Boston College Allston-Brighton Community Task Force, the mayor’s office, and the BRA to advance this important and noteworthy project for Boston College,” Dunn said.

Bates estimates that, once the permits have been approved for the indoor practice facility, it will take 8-12 months to complete the project. As for what the baseball/softball fields will look like, Bates said that it largely depends on how many additional donations BC Athletics receives—however, he stated that the department has already been given significant money for these projects.

“Once we put a shovel in the ground, we’ll be able to give an accurate estimate,” Bates said.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:30 pm

sounds like we better get some of the experts involved with some people with a delicious wang

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:49 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:sounds like we better get some of the experts involved with some people with a delicious wang

"You bet your britches the A-B Community Task Force will have their say in this! I've already got Moonbeam on the horn with that hippie piss freak. We're getting the band back together! How dare they consider building on top of all of that green space!"*

* I imagine this conversation happening while the OG TDW is looking in a bathroom mirror.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:52 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

I had no interest in talking with him. I've heard enough of his nonesense. I just found it entertaining that he had an entourage protecting him.

Listen BC always builds nice looking buildings. Bates deserves some credit here along with the existing stadium renovations which look nice as well.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:56 pm

Between the stadium renovations, indoor facilities, new weight room, new locker room and Yawkey still being a nice facility, I don't want to hear anymore bitching and moaning about inadequate facilities. It's time to start winning football games.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:51 pm

I hate some people that hold a bc diploma:

William Stefan Labahn
Why not use this for scholarships and help bring down the obscene cost of tuition and room and board?

Anne Williams
Or we could invest money in making BC actually accessible for students with disabilities. Or catch up to the 21st century with an LGBTQ+ Resource Center. Or work on our abysmal financial aid system. But nah this sounds good too

Paul Gerard Schmid
Maybe the Univ. should follow Bernie's lead and give students free tuition?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2014 Eagle on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Between the stadium renovations, indoor facilities, new weight room, new locker room and Yawkey still being a nice facility, I don't want to hear anymore bitching and moaning about inadequate facilities. It's time to start winning football games.

I didn't hear anything in today's news about the corners getting filled in...
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:13 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I hate some people that hold a bc diploma:

William Stefan Labahn
Why not use this for scholarships and help bring down the obscene cost of tuition and room and board?

Anne Williams
Or we could invest money in making BC actually accessible for students with disabilities. Or catch up to the 21st century with an LGBTQ+ Resource Center. Or work on our abysmal financial aid system. But nah this sounds good too

Paul Gerard Schmid

i see "occupy shea field" in the near future. mix up some riot punch, bitches
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:17 pm

William Stefan Labahn

Anne Williams

Paul Gerard Schmid

Do I dare ask where you found these?

Someone should also tell these idiots that the money is being privately raised, it's not as if BC is pulling it from the endowment
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You guys will find the negative in anything, it is awesome.

While I agree this won't be built tomorrow, they wouldn't be releasing it like this if they didn't know it was happening - both the cash and the approvals - even if they aren't yet all locked up.

I do think the location of the practice facility is telling. Not that there would be any better place, but Walsh seems to be the best guy to deal with.

As is so often the case, it's not what's said, but what isn't that speaks volumes. Note
well that the primary contributor to the new intramural/ student athletic center was noted and publicized. No such associated name given for the indoor football center. Re-read the announcement, and it seems clear that the football facility portion is lip service. I am confident that two years from now we will be no closer to an indoor facility than we are today after this "revelation".
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:25 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You guys will find the negative in anything, it is awesome.

While I agree this won't be built tomorrow, they wouldn't be releasing it like this if they didn't know it was happening - both the cash and the approvals - even if they aren't yet all locked up.

I do think the location of the practice facility is telling. Not that there would be any better place, but Walsh seems to be the best guy to deal with.

As is so often the case, it's not what's said, but what isn't that speaks volumes. Note
well that the primary contributor to the new intramural/ student athletic center was noted and publicized. No such associated name given for the indoor football center. Re-read the announcement, and it seems clear that the football facility portion is lip service. I am confident that two years from now we will be no closer to an indoor facility than we are today after this "revelation".

I think BC had this in their pocket for when 0-18 happens. After getting embarrassed in the national media and last nights disaster, I think they felt they had to release it
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:26 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:30 pm

William Stefan Labahn

Anne Williams

Paul Gerard Schmid

Where is this terribleness from?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:32 pm

William Stefan Labahn

Anne Williams

Paul Gerard Schmid

Please tell me where you found this, so I can berate their stupidity.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:43 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about.

The indoor practice facility was not on the development plan that was approved years ago, that DID include the other announced facilities. Those were only awaiting funding and permitting. The approved plan from years ago had dorms being built on Shea, not an indoor practice facility. Jack Dunn stated in the conference that the indoor practice facility is a new proposal that must be submitted to City of Boston for reviews and approval, that is, preliminary step 1. Now maybe, this may get fast tracked without Menino in the way. But anyone who thinks that the indoor football facility is on equal footing with the rest of the announced projects in terms of timing or funding is deluding himself.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Between the stadium renovations, indoor facilities, new weight room, new locker room and Yawkey still being a nice facility, I don't want to hear anymore bitching and moaning about inadequate facilities. It's time to start winning football games.

What stadium renovations?
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:49 pm

comments on bc's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BostonCollege/?fref=ts

despite the fact that bc repeatedly said the project was privately funded, reading proved to be difficult for the bern's
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:13 pm

There's a sailboat full of stupid on that FB page.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Gotta love Ben Glines' dad going to bat against the haters on facebook
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:38 pm

I was tempted to start a flame war by posting the three words "I blame Obama" in the comment section. But then I decided I don't like arguing with stupid so I decided against it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium