Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:57 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:will there be goal posts or do they get eliminated like the diving boards in the new plex?

i figure our kicking game is so strong, we probably don't need them but i was asking for a friend

The goal posts will hang down from the ceiling, and I like to see things hang down.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:14 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:... I like to see things hang down.

we know. gah, do you have to work this in to every conversation?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:10 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Isn't 9,000 sq. ft. pretty damn small for a weight room?

I don't think 9000 sq ft is small for a standalone weightroom. For instance, LSU's facility is 10k sq ft.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Isn't 9,000 sq. ft. pretty damn small for a weight room?

I don't think 9000 sq ft is small for a standalone weightroom. For instance, LSU's facility is 10k sq ft.

She's hot.

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:19 pm

They apparently just underwent a renovation and they now have a two-story 5000 sq ft facility.
https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-begi ... -this-week
http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... oom-080416
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:24 pm

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Image

I like a girl who is good with balls.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:36 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:They apparently just underwent a renovation and they now have a two-story 5000 sq ft facility.
https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-begi ... -this-week
http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... oom-080416

I dont think 9,000 sq. ft. is small at all, my only questions would be to the location of the weight room. Why not build something off of the front (instead of the proposed green space there). A lobby to the facility with access to the weight room on the first floor and something on the 2nd floor over looking the IPF (new locker room maybe or a 2 story weight room). Additionally, running a grass practice field parallel to the indoor facility, leaving plenty of room on the remaining land between the grass field and the street for future housing, just in a different configuration than proposed (and use as parking space in the interim until dorms are built). If you look at page 6, it appears there will be a bridge connecting the 2nd/3rd floors of the dorm, so athletics can access both fields (the one next to the IPF and the one in the middle of the dorm) which seems weird.

Also, if they can work it out so the majority of FB members are housed in these new dorms, that becomes a huge selling point imo. I know there are rules about housing with re: to the NCAA (something like half have to be non-athleties or something), but getting everything in one area near the stadium/yawkey/IPF would have to be a luxury
Last edited by BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:37 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Image

I like a girl who is good with balls.

as opposed to dgf who just likes a girl with balls
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:18 pm

How big will the outdoor playing field be when the new dorms go up? It looks like it will def be smaller than a full size field based on the renderings.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:47 pm

What's the fucking point of building an IPF while losing the outdoor fields. BC just can't get anything right!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:52 pm

The outdoor fields will be placed in the corners of she's field, just like you've been asking for
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:58 pm

Add in the fact that there is zero parking left around the stadium, it's time to move the games to Gillette.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:08 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Add in the fact that there is zero parking left around the stadium, it's time to move the games to Gillette.

You are the dumbest person on planet earth, I am convinced.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:What's the fucking point of building an IPF while losing the outdoor fields. BC just can't get anything right!

There is no way that they don't maintain a normal sized grass football field.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:What's the fucking point of building an IPF while losing the outdoor fields. BC just can't get anything right!

This took me 5 minutes, be more incompetent BC ...

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Manny on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:37 am

I think they should also tear down CLX, Madeiros, Shaw, Cheverus, O'Connell and Kostka, and use the space for additional outdoor practice fields (as many as will fit). Gonzaga can be gut-renovated and converted to a football-only weight facility and zero-G training facility (for PT of non-weight-bearing injuries, and to assist receivers with practicing acrobatic catches). Fitz should be turned into a dining hall for football players and an exclusive residence for Tom Coughlin, who will be installed as AD, Head Coach, and Dean of the nursing school. Nick Saban will be his defensive coordinator, and he gets to live in a new house where Williams used to be. Urban Meyer will be the offensive coordinator; he gets Roncalli. Welch will be converted to a film room for their shared use.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:11 am

Manny {l Wrote}:I think they should also tear down CLX, Madeiros, Shaw, Cheverus, O'Connell and Kostka, and use the space for additional outdoor practice fields (as many as will fit). Gonzaga can be gut-renovated and converted to a football-only weight facility and zero-G training facility (for PT of non-weight-bearing injuries, and to assist receivers with practicing acrobatic catches). Fitz should be turned into a dining hall for football players and an exclusive residence for Tom Coughlin, who will be installed as AD, Head Coach, and Dean of the nursing school. Nick Saban will be his defensive coordinator, and he gets to live in a new house where Williams used to be. Urban Meyer will be the offensive coordinator; he gets Roncalli. Welch will be converted to a film room for their shared use.

do the conte ghosts get to continue to live in o'connell house?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Manny on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:23 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:I think they should also tear down CLX, Madeiros, Shaw, Cheverus, O'Connell and Kostka, and use the space for additional outdoor practice fields (as many as will fit). Gonzaga can be gut-renovated and converted to a football-only weight facility and zero-G training facility (for PT of non-weight-bearing injuries, and to assist receivers with practicing acrobatic catches). Fitz should be turned into a dining hall for football players and an exclusive residence for Tom Coughlin, who will be installed as AD, Head Coach, and Dean of the nursing school. Nick Saban will be his defensive coordinator, and he gets to live in a new house where Williams used to be. Urban Meyer will be the offensive coordinator; he gets Roncalli. Welch will be converted to a film room for their shared use.

I'm no Peter Venkman, but I would have guessed that the Conte ghosts live in Conte. They can haunt the O'Connell debris after it's torn down and hauled away, I suppose.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:30 am

Manny {l Wrote}:

I'm no Peter Venkman, but I would have guessed that the Conte ghosts live in Conte. They can haunt the O'Connell debris after it's torn down and hauled away, I suppose.

no way they live in conte. there's no air conditioning
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:

I thought O'Connell house was torn down.

p.s. Where is 81 going to shoot his big loads on the ceiling if this happens? :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:38 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I thought O'Connell house was torn down.

In the process of investigating this (FYI O'Connell House lives), I discovered that BC now offers real-time diagrams of laundry rooms on campus so the nerds can check if there are washers/dryers available before lugging their clothes downstairs.

Real-time laundry monitoring service? Check. 58,000 square feet of astroturf inside a steel building? No check.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Just to be contrarian, why do you need a full-sized outdoor practice field in addition to the full-sized indoor practice field? The only "100 yard" plays that are ever practiced are kickoffs. And frankly, you don't need a 100 yard field to practice kickoffs, considering that you kick from the 35 yard line. You'd actually only need a 70 yard field to practice kickoffs. I bet the proposed smaller field is big enough for this purpose. And if not, head over to Alumni, if the weather permits.

After this is all said and done, for 3 seasons of the year the football team will have the Alumni Stadium Field, the Indoor Practice Field, and a half field outdoors. That's 2 and 1/2 fields. In winter we'll have a full-sized field that won't collapse.

Stop crapping on this, guys. Maybe it's not as snazzy as the baby rapists, but it's a significant step forward for BC.

With all that said, yeah, it makes no sense not to just put the gym and offices on the front of the building, allowing for a full sized outdoor field. No sense.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:24 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:

p.s. Where is 81 going to shoot his big loads on the ceiling if this happens? :shrug

81 shot his loads onto the ceiling in williams. room 102 if i remember correctly
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:15 pm

why don't they make the whole campus out of field house?

I just told Phyllis (my assistant's assistant) to get the director of BC's Renderings and Depictions department on the horn right away.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:14 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:

81 shot his loads onto the ceiling in williams. room 102 if i remember correctly

My mistake. I thought it was in CLX.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:23 am

was on a bc call yesterday, not sure how I got invited maybe others here were, regarding the university's 'strategic plan' (insert master bates joke here).

talked about next steps after light the world was done, challenges facing bc over the next 10 years, etc.

was hosted by some development guy and history prof david quinn.

they had a Q&A where the question of bc's commitment to athletics was raised.

quinn took the question, said some of the usual bates platitudes but said as a STH of football, basketball & hockey who was at Nichols st friday, Arizona state on sunday & maryland last night, and one who lives and dies with the results on the field they've obviously been very disappointing (forget the actual phrasing).

regarding the IPF talked about how BC needs it, funded 100% via direct donations, would need 2 years to complete & hoping to break ground this spring. seemed like it was not at the full approval stage that the plex & baseball fields are but they're very confident it'll be fine (take for what you will).

if there's a replay I'll post the link
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:22 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:was on a bc call yesterday, not sure how I got invited maybe others here were, regarding the university's 'strategic plan' (insert master bates joke here).

talked about next steps after light the world was done, challenges facing bc over the next 10 years, etc.

was hosted by some development guy and history prof david quinn.

they had a Q&A where the question of bc's commitment to athletics was raised.

quinn took the question, said some of the usual bates platitudes but said as a STH of football, basketball & hockey who was at Nichols st friday, Arizona state on sunday & maryland last night, and one who lives and dies with the results on the field they've obviously been very disappointing (forget the actual phrasing).

regarding the IPF talked about how BC needs it, funded 100% via direct donations, would need 2 years to complete & hoping to break ground this spring. seemed like it was not at the full approval stage that the plex & baseball fields are but they're very confident it'll be fine (take for what you will).

if there's a replay I'll post the link

One of the BCI guys tweeted something about breaking ground in the spring (on Thinkskins radio show). Let's pray to God Addazio has nothing to do with the ground breaking.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Bumpers on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:52 am

The only thing that will be groundbreaking coming out of St. Mary's and Yawkey is if someone starts caring at all about athletics success AND WORKING HARD TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, versus just phoning it in and picking up an ACC check every year.

BC is turning into the equivalent of the lame duck, do-nothing suspect classification employee who is just thumbing a nose at superiors, daring termination and waiting to sue when it happens. Way to go BC.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium