Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Postby eagle33 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:59 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Looks like that indoor practice facility will be ready to go for the 2025 season.

Who is your source that the IPF is being fast-tracked?
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:25 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:Looks like that indoor practice facility will be ready to go for the 2025 season.

I can't reveal my source, but he's like gum on a shoe.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:40 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

Does he make you pay for it?
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:23 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

Not if I wink at him.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:47 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

Not if I wink at him.

With which eye?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:24 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

Not if I wink at him.

With which eye?

The brown one
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:56 pm

Globe story about new dorms that also mentions the new athletic facilities. BC takes Menino to task for being the reason for past construction delays. There are the usual neighbor complaints. etc.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/08/15/playing-catchup-student-housing/AJDvdbjY7CNeS1BUcQpUBI/story.html
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby basselope on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:21 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

Not if I wink at him.

With which eye?

The brown one

So the left one then.....

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:07 am

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:23 am

Chestnut Hill, Mass. (2-22-16)—Boston College Athletics Director Brad Bates announced...

In addition, Bates stated that the University will begin discussions with Boston city officials regarding construction of an athletics field house that would be located adjacent to Alumni Stadium. This indoor facility, to be funded through private gifts, would provide much-needed space for varsity football and other field sports, as well as campus recreation, club sports, and intramurals.

It's been over six months since this announcement. Any word on how those "discussions" are going? Have they happened? If so, what's the feedback from the city? What's the timeframe?

Brad Bates stinks at his job.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:45 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Chestnut Hill, Mass. (2-22-16)—Boston College Athletics Director Brad Bates announced...

In addition, Bates stated that the University will begin discussions with Boston city officials regarding construction of an athletics field house that would be located adjacent to Alumni Stadium. This indoor facility, to be funded through private gifts, would provide much-needed space for varsity football and other field sports, as well as campus recreation, club sports, and intramurals.

It's been over six months since this announcement. Any word on how those "discussions" are going? Have they happened? If so, what's the feedback from the city? What's the timeframe?

The only update we've gotten is the demolition of Edmonds.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:00 pm

The fact that the BRA even exists boggles my mind
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:51 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

i'm disappointed by a lack of inviso/ghinviso text in the above post's spacing
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:20 pm

http://bcheights.com/news/athletics-new ... ic-fields/

Allston-Brighton Task Force Approves Brighton Campus Athletic Fields

The plans for Boston College Athletics to enter the 21st century will have one less roadblock.

On Tuesday evening, the Allston-Brighton Community Task Force met to discuss BC’s plans to build baseball and softball fields on the Brighton Campus. The eight-person board approved the plans 7-to-1, moving the plans onto the next phase at the Boston Redevelopment Authority. The project has already been approved in the Institutional Master Plan, yet the task force provided an opportunity for people to air concerns among residents in the area. The plan then goes to the Boston Redevelopment Authority on Sept. 15, before construction can fully go underway.

“The approval today tells us that Boston College is doing a great job,” said Thomas J. Keady, Jr., vice president of governmental and community affairs, and one of the leaders of the Institutional Master Plan project.

BC’s new athletics complex will be in the northern part of the Brighton Campus, bordered by Anselm Terrace, Thomas A. Edison K-8 School, and Glenmont Rd. to the north; Lane Park and Campus Lane to the south; and Lake St. to the west. It will include a 1,000-seat baseball stadium—down from the original 1,500 seats—with FieldTurf, lighting fixtures, a press box, sound system, and batting cages. The seats will be 12 rows back behind home plate, with seating extending beyond the first-base dugout. There will be protective netting that extends beyond both dugouts. Fans, specifically students, will also have an opportunity to sit on St. Clement’s Hill beyond the outfield wall.

BC also will add a 300-seat softball field with all of the same amenities as the baseball field, as well as an intramural field. The plans also includes a 3,000-square-foot fieldhouse that includes bathrooms and concession stands, as well as a parking lot with room for about 750 vehicles.

The plan assured preservation of as much of the green footprint of the campus as possible. BC intends to keep 154 trees and plant an additional 50 or so, while removing 39, many of which have already been deemed sickly. BC will also work with the land to create the field. Though it will be turf instead of natural grass, that surface will only extend to the field of play—all additional surfaces will remain grass. Softball will also be on the ground level, where it currently exists, while baseball will have an elevated concourse as what fits with the land.

BC also presented a plan for both sound and lighting on the fields, both of which were voiced as concerns by the board and members of the community. The light poles will stand between 70 and 90 feet: baseball will have eight, softball will have six, and intramural will have four. All of the light poles are specifically designed to point toward the field and minimize the amount that spills into the surrounding area.

Athletics will also implement a state-of-the-art sound system designed to minimize noise pollution in the neighborhood. BC provided a study that shows that, on average, the area around the Brighton Campus emits 50 to 70 decibels during the day. This sound system, plus the crowd noise, is projected to be about 80 to 85 decibels at peak volume (defined as cheering after a home run) around the seats.

The construction leaders asserted that there will be a “hard-knee” compression system on the speakers. After studies have been finalized, they will preset a maximum level for the speakers that cannot be surpassed once installed, nor can it be revised. Keady believes that, despite the initial pushback, this is the ideal and most agreeable plan for BC and the community.

“The project was approved in the master plan, but once this is built, we’re really going to have to make sure that the sound and the lighting is what we say it’s going to be,” Keady said. “This isn’t like Shea Field, where you’re going to buy some speakers at RadioShack and play it. If I lived beside where it’s really quiet and beautiful and dogs are running, and now we have a baseball field, I’d be here, too. I applaud these people.”

BC estimates that baseball will play six to 10 evening games, with potential start times anywhere between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. Athletics could not give a definitive answer on start times, given that any that will be on television will be dictated by ESPN and the new ACC Network, the latter of which is coming in 2019. A majority of baseball and softball games will be in the typical eight-week period of April and May, when weather in New England allows for the sport to be played.

The move to Brighton will give both baseball and softball a more consistent playing surface than the natural grass and dirt of Shea Field, which has been hampered by the effects of bad weather on the natural grass. It will also provide fans with extensive seating options, especially when compared to the parking garage. The estimated time of completion for the new fields will be for the 2018 season.

The approved master plan also calls for a 60,000-square-foot athletics building, which Keady refers to as “Phase Two.” This will include a locker room for baseball and softball on Brighton. Overall, however, BC Athletics is more than happy with the plan, according to Deputy Athletics Director Jamie Seguin.

“I think this is a great facility and great aspect for our student-athletes and our programs,” Seguin said. “We’re really excited for them to have this facility.”
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:23 pm

The eight-person board approved the plans 7-to-1

Was the opposed Eva, the Delicious Wang, or the public urinator?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:36 pm

The plans for Boston College Athletics to enter the 21st century will have one less roadblock.

The fact that this line can be used in an article written in 2016 really tells the story of BC Athletics.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:56 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:... the Delicious Wang...

this still makes me smile in thinking about a simpler time when message boardary was fun and complaining about winning 8 bowls in a row because the bowls weren't good enough was our biggest problem
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Oh BC, never change.

Please note that due to construction within the area, the Needham Satellite parking option will not be available for this upcoming season.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause, but there are many other game-day parking options available that you can take advantage of:

Commonwealth Avenue and Beacon Street Garages: Season parking passes are available with an annual donation requirement. Visit the Flynn Fund website for more information or call 617-552-0772.

NEW OPTION! Limited single-game tailgating spaces are available at a pro-rated season rate. Call the Flynn Fund at 617-552-0772 for more information.

Lower Brighton: Season and single-game parking passes are available. Season passes are $150 and can be purchased by calling 617-552-GoBC. Single-game passes can be purchased at bceagles.com for $40 per game until two hours before kickoff. Please note, passes must be printed at home prior to arriving on campus. Fans are encouraged to purchase early, as these lots may reach capacity. (Based on availability)

New Balance/Guest Street Satellite Parking: Season and single-game parking is available at no charge. Parking passes are not required but fans are encouraged to arrive early, as parking is limited. If you wish to reserve a complimentary parking pass, please call 617-552-GoBC. Parking is located at 1 Guest Street, Brighton, MA 02135. Round trip shuttle service available from this lot. (Based on availability)

Newton Campus: Season ticket holder access only located at 885 Centre Street, Newton, MA 02459. Please call 617-552-GoBC today to reserve your complimentary season long pass. Round trip shuttle service available from this lot. (Based on availability)

ADA Parking: For ADA parking options and availability please call Alan Fioravanti, Associate Director of Facilities & Operations, at 617.552.0196.

For more information on all parking options, please visit ticket.bceagles.com/football or call your Boston College service representative at 617-552-GoBC.

We look forward to seeing you at Alumni Stadium on September 24!
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:55 pm

this must be never before seen levels of hurting. I've never seen single game passes on sale...kinda defeats the whole purpose of ever getting a spot
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:22 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:this must be never before seen levels of hurting. I've never seen single game passes on sale...kinda defeats the whole purpose of ever getting a spot

They finally figured out that getting a few bucks a couple of times for a perishable product is better than getting no revenue for an entire season. Genius.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:23 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:this must be never before seen levels of hurting. I've never seen single game passes on sale...kinda defeats the whole purpose of ever getting a spot

I'm curious what the cost is
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:37 pm

The whole operation is totally fucked up. Clemson game is not sold out at this point!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:42 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The whole operation is totally fucked up. Clemson game is not sold out at this point!

Because the tickets are around $70 each. Stupid.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:15 am

I will be shocked if single game tailgating passes last longer than a few seasons. This will go the way of the dodo once ticket revenues are back up. They won't say anything either, they will just not offer it and hope no one notices (people will notice).
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:38 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:I will be shocked if single game tailgating passes last longer than a few seasons. This will go the way of the dodo once ticket revenues are back up. They won't say anything either, they will just not offer it and hope no one notices (people will notice).

the mere fact that its occurring tells you we are at an at least decade low in interest, ticket sales, and donations.

not that we didnt know, but it makes it official in my eyes.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:44 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:I will be shocked if single game tailgating passes last longer than a few seasons. This will go the way of the dodo once ticket revenues are back up. They won't say anything either, they will just not offer it and hope no one notices (people will notice).

the mere fact that its occurring tells you we are at an at least decade low in interest, ticket sales, and donations.

not that we didnt know, but it makes it official in my eyes.

(a) Those all impact $$$ and that is the ONLY reason, buttcut hasn't had his contract extended.
(b) What makes Murt believe that the ticket sales will improve after a couple of years? (Don't ban me for asking a question.)
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:44 am

When you realize how bad the crowds are going to be given last year's results, this year's early results reminding us we have a highly functional retard as a coach, and a terrible home schedule, I doubt the Needham lot was going to be used much anyway.

In a few posts we just hit on a few of the major topics that point to how stupid BC handles things:
- High ticket prices for big games that still fail to sell out (USC, Clemson, etc)
- The empty parking spaces on campus and previously the lack of game-by-game parking passes.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:55 am

I dont get how they dont understand basic marketing.

You cant rely on Clemson to sell out Boston. Build an exciting winner and people would show up for Wagner.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:58 am

What has happened and continues to happen is the fallout from DBS. Many long time families (since 1957) had their seats taken from them. Their kids would have replaced them, but they are gone and they are not returning. DBS crushed our most loyal and long term season ticket base. Those that are left are dying off and BC has not attracted new season ticket holders to replace them.

With a terrible football program, boring brand of football, crazy parking fees, stupid tailgating rules, the problem will only get worse. BC is counting on the ND game next season to boost season ticket sales, but whatever bump they get is just for one year. Clemson and FSU games have not provided a bump in season ticket sales and with the team going 0-9 in the ACC, ticket sales will continue to decline bringing the value of the tickets down as well. Example 2 for 1 season tickets in the upper deck endzone. Hundreds of empty parking spaces where you can now buy single game passes. A season pass required a donation, why donate if you can just buy the game you want?

Every donor should have been offered additional parking passes with the purchase of additional season tickets or at least individual game tickets. I do not want to even talk about BC letting anybody just walk down and sit in the DBS sections. Fucking pathetic management!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:16 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:What has happened and continues to happen is the fallout from DBS. Many long time families (since 1957) had their seats taken from them. Their kids would have replaced them, but they are gone and they are not returning. DBS crushed our most loyal and long term season ticket base. Those that are left are dying off and BC has not attracted new season ticket holders to replace them.

With a terrible football program, boring brand of football, crazy parking fees, stupid tailgating rules, the problem will only get worse. BC is counting on the ND game next season to boost season ticket sales, but whatever bump they get is just for one year. Clemson and FSU games have not provided a bump in season ticket sales and with the team going 0-9 in the ACC, ticket sales will continue to decline bringing the value of the tickets down as well. Example 2 for 1 season tickets in the upper deck endzone. Hundreds of empty parking spaces where you can now buy single game passes. A season pass required a donation, why donate if you can just buy the game you want?

Every donor should have been offered additional parking passes with the purchase of additional season tickets or at least individual game tickets. I do not want to even talk about BC letting anybody just walk down and sit in the DBS sections. Fucking pathetic management!

I actually agree with you on this one. Mark it down.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium