Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:If we eliminate tailgating does it mean you morons will actually get into the game on-time?

Will we be good and/or make an attempt to be good? If not, I see no reason to.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:If we eliminate tailgating does it mean you morons will actually get into the game on-time?

In your opinion, which fans are worse: the ones that show up late, or the ones that don't go at all?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:46 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

In your opinion, which fans are worse: the ones that show up late, or the ones that don't go at all?

The fucking self righteous fake drinking fuck sticks that show up late, shit faced and weak as fuck.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:47 pm

The roof is ugly and it contradicts their stated goal of making the lower campus look more like the middle campus. It reminds me of the first rendition of the expansion of Alumni Stadium which was an open poured concrete structure. They should either build up the sides to hide it or go with a flat roof.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:45 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The roof is ugly and it contradicts their stated goal of making the lower campus look more like the middle campus. It reminds me of the first rendition of the expansion of Alumni Stadium which was an open poured concrete structure. They should either build up the sides to hide it or go with a flat roof.

Flat roofs require a lot of maintenance.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:46 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

It's pretty much you. The idiots who tailgate into the 3rd quarter and then wander in only to leave again.

Don't bother showing up if you have no interest in the game
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:47 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Then don't show up, you'll be doing all of us a favor
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

The fucking self righteous fake drinking fuck sticks that show up late, shit faced and weak as fuck.

I missed this, it's this
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

You can go fuck yourself with your micropenis.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:47 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

If you're not going to actually go to the game just have a BBQ at your house.

The one exception is when we play Howard, Wagner, etc. Feel free to skip those messes to tailgate
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:26 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

If you're not going to actually go to the game just have a BBQ at your house.

The one exception is when we play Howard, Wagner, etc. Feel free to skip those messes to tailgate

Well when half the scheduled home games are against shit, a certain mentality creeps in. And I voice my displeasure by not buying tickets, finding tickets from whom ever, and donating exclusively to a club I was heavily involved with. Basically fuck the athletic department and I have no desire to support their endeavors. So I don't.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:20 am

As Tip O'Neill said, "people vote with their feet"! That is exactly what happened at BC and continues to happen. The entire game day experience at BC from tailgating to the product on the field needs a complete overhaul.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:33 am

Someone on hockeyrection claims that the new Recreation Complex is being delayed 6 months. They attribute it to the uncertainty of Bates job. I tend to dismiss this news as the RecPlex is a student use facility and not associated with the job security of Bates.

They also called the RecPlex "controversial". Has there been opposition to the building (outside of the whiny neighbors who complain about everything ?)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:45 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Someone on hockeyrection claims that the new Recreation Complex is being delayed 6 months. They attribute it to the uncertainty of Bates job. I tend to dismiss this news as the RecPlex is a student use facility and not associated with the job security of Bates.

They also called the RecPlex "controversial". Has there been opposition to the building (outside of the whiny neighbors who complain about everything ?)

the swimming and diving team are butthurt that they couldn't dive in the pool.
that said, if you are going to have a s&d team, then it makes sense that you at least have a facility capable of holding these events.
of course, the scrooge mcducks running BC would have a few less coins to count if they didn't go cheap.

p.s. it's probably being delayed because the IPF is jumping over it. BC does not like to have 2 major facilities being built on campus at the same time.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:15 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Someone on hockeyrection claims that the new Recreation Complex is being delayed 6 months. They attribute it to the uncertainty of Bates job. I tend to dismiss this news as the RecPlex is a student use facility and not associated with the job security of Bates.

that said, if you are going to have a s&d team, then it makes sense that you at least have a facility capable of holding these events.
of course, the scrooge mcducks running BC would have a few less coins to count if they didn't go cheap.

p.s. it's probably being delayed because the IPF is jumping over it. BC does not like to have 2 major facilities being built on campus at the same time.

Ok. I hardly consider the S&D issue to be controversial, I forgot about that. If the IPF gets started first, thats a net win imo. To your point, I'd love the Scrooge mcducks to start cutting some sports to count more coins
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:42 am

New plex is going to be awesome for the students. Looks really nice on the inside, especially the new indoor track
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:45 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Ok. I hardly consider the S&D issue to be controversial, I forgot about that. If the IPF gets started first, thats a net win imo. To your point, I'd love the Scrooge mcducks to start cutting some sports to count more coins

Most number of sports is the only competition that the we are competitive with Harvard.
It's really a sense of pride amongst the Administration so I don't see this changing.
They didn't want to cut men's lax but Title IX gave them no other option.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:37 pm

I was wondering why they had not poured the footings. I can't believe these idiots would let the site sit idle for another year. A IMP with zero varsity athletic facilities and now these idiots are scrambling to figure out what the fuck to build first???
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:48 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:New plex is going to be awesome for the students. Looks really nice on the inside, especially the new indoor track

Is that something that will be used for ACC competition, or just for the general student population?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:59 am

BOT meeting today. IPF is on the agenda.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:14 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:BOT meeting today. IPF is on the agenda.

Hopefully the AD is too. And HCRD.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:14 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:New plex is going to be awesome for the students. Looks really nice on the inside, especially the new indoor track

Is that something that will be used for ACC competition, or just for the general student population?

Student population. If I remember right its like a mini-marathon route track or something.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Then it is settled: The club sandwiches for the next board meeting will be cut perpendicularly to the angle bisector of the bread. The little cellophane bits on the top of the toothpicks will alternate between maroon and gold each quarter. The catering will be done by marin's son who has tire tracks across his chest. Unfortunately, we are out of time to talk about all that boring sports crap because we're too busy drafting and re-drafting resolutions declaring that father leahy is, indeed, a swell person and a heckuva god-talkin guy.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:12 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Then it is settled: The club sandwiches for the next board meeting will be cut perpendicularly to the angle bisector of the bread. The little cellophane bits on the top of the toothpicks will alternate between maroon and gold each quarter. The catering will be done by marin's son who has tire tracks across his chest. Unfortunately, we are out of time to talk about all that boring sports crap because we're too busy drafting and re-drafting resolutions declaring that father leahy is, indeed, a swell person and a heckuva god-talkin guy.

All of which was disclosed in a post by eagle28 on EA weeks ago.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:18 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

All of which was disclosed in a post by eagle28 on EA weeks ago.

This is a good post and you should be proud.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:35 pm

What's the latest on all of this? Has construction started on anything? If not, what is the timetable on each project? I'm starting to suspect that nobody at BC knows what is going on.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:22 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:What's the latest on all of this? Has construction started on anything? If not, what is the timetable on each project? I'm starting to suspect that nobody at BC knows what is going on.

No permits last I heard

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:58 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:What's the latest on all of this? Has construction started on anything? If not, what is the timetable on each project? I'm starting to suspect that nobody at BC knows what is going on.

No permits last I heard

Doesn't matter. The plan itself will elevate recruiting for years to come. BC has been a bowl team 3 of last 4 years, and the whole nation trembles at its upward trajectory. The Dazzler has promised a conference championship run in his 5th year, and it is only the most critical and skeptical that don't embrace the airtight program and system he has in place. BC a career killer??!? Just watch the parade of suitors that will be banging on the door prior to the 2018 season after Addazio cashes in with a plum Tennessee job, so he can wreak his revenge on the SEC.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:12 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

No permits last I heard

So has enough time passed for me to safely assume that the big announcement that was made 10+ months ago was just an attempt to distract from the fact that the BC athletic program was circling the drain at the time?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:24 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

No permits last I heard

So has enough time passed for me to safely assume that the big announcement that was made 10+ months ago was just an attempt to distract from the fact that the BC athletic program was circling the drain at the time?

You should be thankful to have gotten renderings.

Some years, we don't get any renderings at all!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium