Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Facilities Announcement -- Press Conference Today

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri May 20, 2016 3:29 pm

The Trustees are still in the space planning stage. No design funds have been released yet for anything other than the design of the student rec plex. Final plans for the rec center have not yet been approved by the trustees either.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri May 20, 2016 3:56 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Chestnut Hill, Mass. (2-22-16)—Boston College Athletics Director Brad Bates announced plans today for three projects to enhance intercollegiate, intramural and club sports at Boston College:a recreational center, athletics playing fields, and an athletics field house.

The initiatives, an investment of approximately $200 million, result from a multi-year assessment and planning effort regarding BC Athletics, as well as focused fundraising with alumni and friends of Boston College.

The recreational center, a 240,000 square-foot facility that will replace the Flynn Recreation Complex and be located at the site of Edmonds Hall on Thomas More Drive, will benefit all BC students, faculty and staff. Approved by the City of Boston in 2009 as part of the University’s Institutional Master Plan (IMP), the project will begin this summer after permits have been obtained. The center, made possible by a lead gift from Trustee Margot Connell and her family, will require two years for construction.

The University will also seek permitting for new baseball, softball and intramural fields on the Brighton Campus, which were also approved in the 2009 IMP.

Bates said that fundraising for both projects will continue throughout the process.

In addition, Bates stated that the University will begin discussions with Boston city officials regarding construction of an athletics field house that would be located adjacent to Alumni Stadium. This indoor facility, to be funded through private gifts, would provide much-needed space for varsity football and other field sports, as well as campus recreation, club sports, and intramurals.

Additional information about the new recreational complex, playing fields and athletics field house will be made available to the Boston College Allston-Brighton Community Task Force and local residents in a pre-filing meeting.

“These new facilities will provide benefits for all BC students and student-athletes,” said Bates. “We need the financial support of all of our alumni who have benefitted from their BC education to provide opportunities for the next generation of BC students. The athletics field house sets an example of what we can do when our alumni and friends offer their support for our athletics initiatives.

“We are excited for the future of BC Athletics.”

It's been three months since the announcement. I wonder how those discussions are going with Boston city officials about the IPF. Any word on the permits for the baseball and softball fields? Has there been any update from Brad Bates on any of this?

They're still waiting for your donation check to clear.

Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Fri May 20, 2016 5:38 pm

Brad Bates has to go... The guy is worse than "Coach Flip".

I never thought I would ever utter words like these but it's true.

At least Flip believed in the motto "Ever to Excel" even if he was prone to make mistakes (jags), tragically stubborn (spaz), and a complete and utter dick (too many to mention), etc.

Bates believes in just enough... In doing his own job, in the results expected from other, in the design of facilities, etc.

Fuck him with a superaids infested cock.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri May 20, 2016 6:42 pm

I'm pissed about this article because it sucks outloud. Hohler should be dong hit pieces... not carrying the torch for some butt-hurt non-revenue coaches and "athletes" who are pissed that the extent of funds they steal from Football and Basketball aren't enough to compete with self-funded programs.

This is essentially someone on welfare bitching that their weekly stipend can't afford the best designer drugs or an Obamacare recipient complaining about the co-pay billed for each morning after pill to prevent an incest ass-baby.

You want better facilities? Raise the funds. If you can't raise the funds, don't bitch about what you get. That article is a nutshell of everything wrong with Millennials and the evil Babyboomers who spawned them.

Do better Hohler.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun May 22, 2016 8:35 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:New director of athletic development Peter Boston. Who?
Also, consultants have been hired.

Has Steve Novak been promoted?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed May 25, 2016 9:04 am

Mark Richt is contributing $1mm towards the new Miami IPF. I wonder if Butt Cutt and Addazio will be making personal contributions towards getting this thing off the ground

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2016/5/25/11768108/miami-hurricanes-football-mark-richt-to-donate-one-million-dollars-to-help-get-indoor-practice?utm_campaign=stateoftheu&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed May 25, 2016 9:26 am

nobody could be worse than chris crane or gene
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 25, 2016 9:46 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:nobody could be worse than chris crane or gene

or al skinner
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 25, 2016 9:53 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

or al skinner

or spaz
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 25, 2016 9:57 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

or al skinner

or spaz

let's not go to this level of crazee talk. i think slaughter sucks wrestler singlets but on his worst day he's no where near as bad or program crippling as spaz was
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 25, 2016 10:14 am

or al skinner

or spaz

let's not go to this level of crazee talk. i think slaughter sucks wrestler singlets but on his worst day he's no where near as bad or program crippling as spaz was

The Devil's advocate in me wants to remind you that Spaz never went winless in conference, but I can't seriously attempt to defend the notion that Daz is worse than Spaz.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed May 25, 2016 10:30 am

or al skinner

or spaz

The Devil's advocate in me wants to remind you that Spaz never went winless in conference, but I can't seriously attempt to defend the notion that Daz is worse than Spaz.

I didn't know that you and angry dick were getting together this week.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 25, 2016 10:55 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

or al skinner

or spaz

I didn't know that you and angry dick were getting together this week.

if there is one thing foot likes about his women, it's angry dick.

and if there's one thing that gdf's women like in gdf, it's angry dick
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Fri May 27, 2016 11:43 am

So Edmonds is supposed to go down next week. New Plex is apparently going to be amazing. It will include a raised indoor track that is somehow modeled after the marathon route, including a mini heartbreak hill.

The football facility is apparently going to be more of an airplane hangar. However, the football weight room will be moved to the indoor facility.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri May 27, 2016 6:31 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:So Edmonds is supposed to go down next week. New Plex is apparently going to be amazing. It will include a raised indoor track that is somehow modeled after the marathon route, including a mini heartbreak hill.

The football facility is apparently going to be more of an airplane hangar. However, the football weight room will be moved to the indoor facility.

Thats awesome in re: to a new FB weight room, assuming it is going on Shea somewhere, they should really look into new locker rooms attached to the building as well, use the vacated space in Yawkey for something else.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 28, 2016 8:01 am

i doubt they'd do that after they invested a ton (for bc standards) in updating the fb looker rooms.

the interesting thing about the weight room moving to the hangar is i guess basketball / hockey gets to move into the fb weight room?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun May 29, 2016 8:03 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i doubt they'd do that after they invested a ton (for bc standards) in updating the fb looker rooms.

the interesting thing about the weight room moving to the hangar is i guess basketball / hockey gets to move into the fb weight room?

I would generally agree, however, much of what was done was simply aesthetic and can be used in a new space attached to the IPF. My personal opinion is that the current space just seems a bit crammed into the Yawkey Center. Something a bit more thought out, within a blank space in the IPF could make a big difference. The lockers and aesthetics can be re-used/moved in most cases. Take a look at some of the locker room facilities at other ACC/national schools, I just think that if BC has the chance to upgrade other areas of this, all the BS that resonates w/ recruits, they may as well do so now. Incorporating locker rooms and a weight facility to the IPF would be a major step and this provides the opportunity to do so. Maryland is a great example of a school building all of this into their new facility.

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun May 29, 2016 9:56 am

It would make a lot of sense to have the weight room and lockers as part of the Indoor Field. With the plex coming down the road and parking in front of Yawkey could be moved and IPF could be built as an addition to Yawkey as originally planned.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 29, 2016 9:46 pm

Fill in the corners
Last edited by twballgame9 on Mon May 30, 2016 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Sun May 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:It would make a lot of sense to have the weight room and lockers as part of the Indoor Field. With the plex coming down the road and parking in front of Yawkey could be moved and IPF could be built as an addition to Yawkey as originally planned.

Were you still drunk from the night before when you posted this, or were you in the snake pit at the Indy 500?
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon May 30, 2016 3:44 pm

When the Flynn Complex comes down there is just wide open space from Comm Ave garage across to the new student rec and from Yawkey to Robsham. There's talk about a student union center, but that can be moved. The last few Mods can scraped. No design funds have been provided yet for the IPF or the baseball/softball fields. Plenty of time to consider all options on where best to locate the new IPF.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby h2o on Mon May 30, 2016 5:33 pm

How many students total live in the mods? The mods are a complete waste of space on a campus strapped for space. The mods should be demolished when the Plex is and a state-of-the-art football/hoops/hockey training complex built on the footprint these two embarrassments to a beautiful campus occupy.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon May 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:When the Flynn Complex comes down there is just wide open space from Comm Ave garage across to the new student rec and from Yawkey to Robsham. There's talk about a student union center, but that can be moved. The last few Mods can scraped. No design funds have been provided yet for the IPF or the baseball/softball fields. Plenty of time to consider all options on where best to locate the new IPF.

The mods aren't going anywhere.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon May 30, 2016 6:53 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:How many students total live in the mods? The mods are a complete waste of space on a campus strapped for space. The mods should be demolished when the Plex is and a state-of-the-art football/hoops/hockey training complex built on the footprint these two embarrassments to a beautiful campus occupy.

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue May 31, 2016 7:44 am

h2o {l Wrote}:How many students total live in the mods? The mods are a complete waste of space on a campus strapped for space. The mods should be demolished when the Plex is and a state-of-the-art football/hoops/hockey training complex built on the footprint these two embarrassments to a beautiful campus occupy.

who was it that said that the land that the mods are on couldn't support much more than the mods? i can't remember if this was a real thing or a case of fake insider microdickian knowledge
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 31, 2016 7:46 am

the way the nerds use (or don't use) the mods they should burn them down
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue May 31, 2016 7:57 am

who was it that said that the land that the mods are on couldn't support much more than the mods? i can't remember if this was a real thing or a case of fake insider microdickian knowledge

With modern building techniques I dont think it matters. I have a friend who is building apartments in an abandoned riverbed, he is paying over a million dollars just to drive piles over 100ft into the ground to support the structure.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue May 31, 2016 8:15 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

With modern building techniques I dont think it matters. I have a friend who is building apartments in an abandoned riverbed, he is paying over a million dollars just to drive piles over 100ft into the ground to support the structure.

Yes, soil instability is really not a concern anymore. The piles can be driven deep enough pretty much anywhere. I doubt this is a real issue.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby h2o on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:14 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:So Edmonds is supposed to go down next week. New Plex is apparently going to be amazing. It will include a raised indoor track that is somehow modeled after the marathon route, including a mini heartbreak hill.

Has the wrecking ball done the job on Edmonds or is Bates whistling Dixie?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:49 am

h2o {l Wrote}:

Has the wrecking ball done the job on Edmonds or is Bates whistling Dixie?

i was there this weekend and it was still up
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium