2016 Spring Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Spring Football

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:47 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Someone please explain to me why it is a good idea for Towles to be the starting QB next season.

Thanks in advance.

I'll fall for these shenanigans on Saturday afternoon about 2:30
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:52 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Someone please explain to me why it is a good idea for Towles to be the starting QB next season.

Thanks in advance.

he is a MAN!!!! durr

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:56 am

Thanks in advance.

Because Sarge knows Towles gives him the best chance at saving his own ass in 2016, and Sarge is out for Sarge first and foremost.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:21 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:9903 was an intern. he's well aware of the fact that i don't suffer from micro phallus

you are the second person to point out the spacian difference between oral fun and oralfun so in my mind the game is over.

oralfun has been ruined, mainly due to oral fun.

thanks, glace.

I almost pointed it out while reading on my 4.7" screen last week in the United Club.
on an iPhone, it's hard to discern the difference.

how can you not read a 4.7" screen when you've spent your whole life finding an even smaller penis

holes will be kicked in walls as a result of this

Nothing could be further from the truth...
I am blessed with a long, thick penis so no walls will be harmed as a result of this post.

P.s. I do not drive a dodge stratus.

timestamp

I just finished it off for you. You had it half chub. I completed the 8======>~~
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:23 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Thanks in advance.

Maybe he is the best QB on the BC roster?

You are welcome.

Maybe. I read an article yesterday that said something like "you don't bring in a 5th year quarterback unless he is going to be the starter". This isn't a Golson to Florida State or Russell Wilson to Wisconsin situation, where the team was already in a position to compete for a conference championship or even a national championship. BC didn't win a conference game last year, and is probably a year or two away from competing for a division championship. Unless Towles is far and away the best QB on the roster, I don't see the rationale for having him be the starting QB. Wade getting more game experience puts this team in a better position to succeed in the next couple of years. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:24 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Thanks in advance.

Because Sarge knows Towles gives him the best chance at saving his own ass in 2016, and Sarge is out for Sarge first and foremost.

This is what I fear is happening.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:30 am

I support Towles and winning games in 2016. Then we can focus on doing things to get Addazio fired after Bates is out the door like starting Wade.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:31 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Thanks in advance.

You are welcome.

Maybe. I read an article yesterday that said something like "you don't bring in a 5th year quarterback unless he is going to be the starter". This isn't a Golson to Florida State or Russell Wilson to Wisconsin situation, where the team was already in a position to compete for a conference championship or even a national championship. BC didn't win a conference game last year, and is probably a year or two away from competing for a division championship. Unless Towles is far and away the best QB on the roster, I don't see the rationale for having him be the starting QB. Wade getting more game experience puts this team in a better position to succeed in the next couple of years. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

We can't go 3-9 two consecutive years. If Towles gets us to 6 that's good, because maybe Wade wouldn't. Towles is a good QB. We are pretty sure Wade is a good QB, but coming off his injury and considering his age/eligibility, he is too much of a risk to play this year. Let him grow behind Towles for a season and make a shitty bowl.

Playing Towles = Better shot at 6+ wins. 6+ wins = Better Future (recruiting will improve as they see new staff improving program, new facilities, etc.)
Playing Wade = Lower chance at 6+ wins. While it may have more upside with respect to his chemistry with the team for the next couple of years, we are in a "need to make a fucking bowl right now" situation, and Towles gives us a better chance.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:33 am

I'm not falling for this shit until after the Spring Game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:35 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Thanks in advance.

You are welcome.

We can't go 3-9 two consecutive years. If Towles gets us to 6 that's good, because maybe Wade wouldn't. Towles is a good QB. We are pretty sure Wade is a good QB, but coming off his injury and considering his age/eligibility, he is too much of a risk to play this year. Let him grow behind Towles for a season and make a shitty bowl.

Playing Towles = Better shot at 6+ wins. 6+ wins = Better Future (recruiting will improve as they see new staff improving program, new facilities, etc.)
Playing Wade = Lower chance at 6+ wins. While it may have more upside with respect to his chemistry with the team for the next couple of years, we are in a "need to make a fucking bowl right now" situation, and Towles gives us a better chance.

I really have no idea whether Wade is a good QB, I've seen him do ~zero good football things. I just haven't seen him do enough bad football things to pass judgment because of the timing of when he got dead.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm not falling for this shit until after the Spring Game.

maybe. or more likely, after the spring game the rhetoric will be "how do you expect them to compete against the ncaa's bestest defense. the offense takes longer to jell [sic] than the defense. i expect them to be in much better shape for the [superdupergimmicktrooper] game in dublin"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm not falling for this shit until after the Spring Game.

maybe. or more likely, after the spring game the rhetoric will be "how do you expect them to compete against the ncaa's bestest defense. the offense takes longer to jell [sic] than the defense. i expect them to be in much better shape for the [superdupergimmicktrooper] game in dublin"

They got smoked in the Spring game by the D two years ago, but it was still obvious that Murphy had won the job.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:55 am

Whatever happens in the spring game, we can be sure Walrus will interpret it as evidence of Addazio's genius
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:59 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Whatever happens in the spring game, we can be sure Walrus will interpret it as evidence of Addazio's genius

I disagree, I think Walrus will be the only one who really gives any attempt at a fair and balanced interpretation.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:03 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Whatever happens in the spring game, we can be sure Walrus will interpret it as evidence of Addazio's genius

I disagree, I think Walrus will be the only one who really gives any attempt at a fair and balanced interpretation.

Unlike walrus, I will be there. I also like Wade, but expect Towles to be a much better QB.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:13 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

You are an attention seeker who believes that engagement with the Funishment will raise your profile. Quit trying to piggyback on my popularity.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:19 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

You are an attention seeker who believes that engagement with the Funishment will raise your profile. Quit trying to piggyback on my popularity.

I appreciate that you suffer from delusions of grandeur but your status as a bottom five poster is cemented. You are a glorified hansen and will continue to be treated as such.

Your awful.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:23 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Your awful.

:P
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:28 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Your awful.

:P

i'll admit that i initial assumed the rev got in on the game only to then realize that there was another s1r1uz change of avatars

the positive of this gimmick almost erases the bad memories of 9903 bathing in beeker butter. ALMOST
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:34 am

Philly Intern's gimmick is awesome, but he will never be mistaken for the Rev.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:38 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Thanks in advance.

Are you suggesting that there is a chance Boston College will eat the final 3 years of Dazoo's contract based solely on next year's performance? And, if so, are you also saying that BC will then turnaround and hire a good head coach as a replacement? I am doubtful of the first and even moreso of the second.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:58 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Thanks in advance.

Are you suggesting that there is a chance Boston College will eat the final 3 years of Dazoo's contract based solely on next year's performance? And, if so, are you also saying that BC will then turnaround and hire a good head coach as a replacement? I am doubtful of the first and even moreso of the second.

Yes. If he goes 0-8 or 1-7 in ACC play, I do think BC will fire him. Really.

On the second matter, no, I don't expect them to hire a good replacement.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Thanks in advance.

Yes. If he goes 0-8 or 1-7 in ACC play, I do think BC will fire him. Really.

On the second matter, no, I don't expect them to hire a good replacement.

randy shannon to get the offense back in line? or...

IS IT FINALLY TIME FOR HCRD?!?!?!?!?!?!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Thanks in advance.

I have given up on trying to figure out what BC will do with any of their coaching decisions. I was saying that I think that Dude has unfortunately put himself in a position where he, at the very least, is tempted to put his own self interests before the development of the football program. Trotting out a more experienced quarterback in the hopes of getting to six wins vs. developing a Sophomore QB in a new system really shouldn't be a difficult decision. However, it is made more difficult if the decision maker fears that his head may be on the chopping block.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:42 pm

"Spring Game to be Done in Draft Format"
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:01 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Your awful.

fucking interns
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:15 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Your awful.

fucking interns

Don't worry Hansen your not really as bad at oral glacier. You should still shut up though.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:23 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Your awful.

fucking interns

Don't worry Hansen your not really as bad at oral glacier. You should still shut up though.

this is a glorious typo and makes me wonder which one of you is dicaprio and which one is winslet

ps - gurkle gurkle
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:24 pm

tee-hee