2016 Spring Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Spring Football

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:57 pm

Did anyone else happen to see this ...

https://twitter.com/timbhealey/status/721365218056671232

How does BC allow the Globe to send people to come cover an event who has such a clear agenda. I don't get it, do the few people left in the athletic department even do their jobs ? As an aside, the globe must really be hurting if this is the kind of loser they're employing.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I actually hope Wade wins the job.

I'm glad you finally changed your mind.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:04 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Never changed my mind. Use the search function.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:07 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Did anyone else happen to see this ...

How does BC allow the Globe to send people to come cover an event who has such a clear agenda. I don't get it, do the few people left in the athletic department even do their jobs ? As an aside, the globe must really be hurting if this is the kind of loser they're employing.

I never would have noticed this guy if you hadn't posted him here. His three readers seem excited though.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Don't need to, Hermione.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:15 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Don't need to, Hermione.

Congrats.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:18 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Did anyone else happen to see this ...

I never would have noticed this guy if you hadn't posted him here. His three readers seem excited though.

I wouldn't have either, untill a semi popular site like barstool picks up on the 6-2 score and does some digging.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Globe:
By Tim Healey GLOBE CORRESPONDENT APRIL 17, 2016
Patrick Towles spent the first 18 years of his life in Fort Thomas, Ky., a small town near the northern tip of the state along the Ohio River, and the four after that in Lexington, playing quarterback for the University of Kentucky.

Then, this past January Towles picked up and moved a 14-hour drive away from his parents and the car he drove around campus, and many of his 35 first cousins, to try to win the starting QB job at Boston College.

No more family. No more car. A lot more walking.

“It’s a lot different,” Towles said Saturday between signing autographs and taking pictures with fans after BC’s spring game, a souped-up intrasquad scrimmage to cap the six-week spring practice season.

“I’ve downloaded Uber and I’ve used that a ton — probably way more than my mom is happy about. That’s probably been the biggest difference.

“For the first month and a half, it took me a little while to get adjusted. Everything moves a little faster up here.”

The adjustment — in life and in football — is progressing.

Towles, a 6-foot-5-inch, 238-pound fifth-year transfer, won’t know if he’s successful in his pursuit of the starting job until closer to the start of the season in September. But Saturday afternoon at Alumni Stadium, he started opposite redshirt sophomore Darius Wade in the exhibition.

The play wasn’t as pretty as the weather. Wind knocked the football off the tee before the opening kickoff, and there were no touchdowns. Wade’s Maroon team beat Towles’s White team, 6-2.

Towles completed two of his four official pass attempts, with several more called back, while showing some zip with his right arm. Wade threw for 181 yards on 13-for-19 passing, albeit on a day when statistics — with teams a mishmash of the depth chart after a player-run draft on Friday — weren’t necessarily all that meaningful.

Wade and Towles are in effect battling for the No. 1 spot, with two other quarterbacks — sophomore John Fadule and freshman Anthony Brown — also on the roster. (Two players who saw time under center for the Eagles last fall, sophomores Troy Flutie of Natick and Jeff Smith, are converting to receiver.)

Injury-marred quarterback depth contributed to a 3-9 season (0-8 in the ACC) for BC last season. Now, coach Steve Addazio has options, a development he is pleased with.

“That’s as good as I’ve seen guys chuck it around. They were throwing it well,” Addazio said. “Couple of drops out there on [Towles], but he chucked it.”

He didn’t wait long to chuck it, either. On his first play from scrimmage, Towles tossed the ball nearly 50 yards downfield, well over the heads of his receiver and the opposing cornerback. On the first play of the second quarter, Towles hit junior Thadd Smith with a rocket along the left sideline near midfield.

Towles credits part of that arm strength to genetics. His maternal grandfather is Hall of Fame pitcher and former US Senator Jim Bunning.

If you think that’s cool, well, Towles gets that reaction a lot.

“I always say, I’ve got a good right arm in my blood,” Towles said. “He’s an ultracompetitor — he still is, at 84 years old.”

So now the spring season is over, and Towles’s continued acclimation will come more on a social level than an on-field one. He’s only known his new teammates and been at his new school for three months, after all, after being at Kentucky for four years and serving as starter for two.

“When you’re part of a new team, you’re practicing with new guys, it takes you a while to get used to them,” Towles said, noting that BC’s offense is a lot different than Kentucky’s. “It’s more complex, but I like it. It’s going to prepare me well — hopefully — for the next level. It’s a lot of different packages, a lot of shifts and motions. I’m excited.”

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how poor the Globe writers are these days. That article just set the English language back about 50 years.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:53 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how poor the Globe writers are these days. That article just set the English language back about 50 years.

Figures... he went to BU. Now it makes sense.
Obviously, his basic communication skills would be limited going to a shit school such as that one.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:46 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how poor the Globe writers are these days. That article just set the English language back about 50 years.

The guy doesn't work for the Globe. The guy is a blogger for hire.

his from his Twitter bio: Sportswriter. I work for @SportsonEarth & @BostonGlobe and can work for you, too. BU/@dailyfreepress alum. One time a stranger called me a cutie pie in a tie.

This is what the Globe has become... they can't afford to employ writers so they offer unemployed recent grads a space in the paper. This kid doesn't just cover BC but his most recent submission was on the Red Sox. Journalism in the blogger age means opinion couched as fact. Crazy.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

The guy doesn't work for the Globe. The guy is a blogger for hire.

his from his Twitter bio: Sportswriter. I work for @SportsonEarth & @BostonGlobe and can work for you, too. BU/@dailyfreepress alum. One time a stranger called me a cutie pie in a tie.

This is what the Globe has become... they can't afford to employ writers so they offer unemployed recent grads a space in the paper. This kid doesn't just cover BC but his most recent submission was on the Red Sox. Journalism in the blogger age means opinion couched as fact. Crazy.

If it makes you feel better, having scrolled through his twitter feed I agree with you that he is a poster child shiftless millenial loser, and I doubt that he will ever own a Dodge Stratus. (bad news for certain prolific EO posters on the resale market)
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:55 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:who is the bigger thief; buttcut or slaughter?

Been meaning to answer this for days, sorry for making you wait.

The answer is slaughter.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:59 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

The answer is slaughter.

i think buttcut does less but slaughter makes more so it's a more difficult decision for me.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:00 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

The answer is slaughter.

i think buttcut does less but slaughter makes more so it's a more difficult decision for me.

Buttcut does less, but the fact that he did not piggyback on his predecessor's over-inflated salary counts for something.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:14 pm

buttcut

daz got bc from 4 & 2 wins to 7 & 7 (even if it was follow up by a 3).

what's buttcut's claim to fame? hiring daz? hosting focus groups? championing student development?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
what's buttcut's claim to fame?

sweet hair and a weird nose
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:25 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:buttcut

daz got bc from 4 & 2 wins to 7 & 7 (even if it was follow up by a 3).

what's buttcut's claim to fame? hiring daz? hosting focus groups? championing student development?

It's this and it's not close
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:16 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:listened to daz's gridiron club presser while doing shit around the house

sounds like richard wilson is a full on RB now and 'we may make another move where we feel really good about an add another one' edit: now it sounds like a bigger guy changing positions

talked about difficulty of keeping all backs happy, in '17 they'll have 2 in class

I watched that too. That guy who runs the gridiron club is tough to listen to but those events are nice I guess for people who are local. Surprisingly, I thought Pasqualoni came off really well. I was expecting him at his age, to be awkward in public [insert creepy Paul P pic] but he seemed to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm.

When they were going through the '16 recruits, they didn't mention the younger Bletzer kid, I wonder of that means he's coming as a PWO ?

I think I read somewhere that the Bletzer kid may have gotten hurt or something.

Both are now on the roster.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Has anyone heard anything about Armani Reeves from Ohio State/Catholic Memorial ? He mentioned on twitter that he was coming, but I think it was taken down. I subsequently read that he was going to be on the show American Ninja Warrior but have not heard anything else about him coming to BC. Would have to think an announcement by the school would have been made by now
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium