Pasqualoni & Gunnell Join Staff

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pasqualoni & Gunnell Join Staff

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:52 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
hinghameagle {l Wrote}:I do assume PP will recruit Connecticut. Daz's rep before this year was that he was a strong CT guy as well.

Wall around CT. The vital key to a successful Power 5 football team. :dildodog

CT isn't the Florida, but there has defiantly been an uptick in talent, specifically at some of the private schools, Cheshire Academy being one is going to have a bunch of guys go D1 this year (including TJ Black who I think has a Bama offer). I would say as of late, CT has def trended above MA in terms of talent

I don't really disagree with you, but this is a shortest midget/most honest inmate debate. Irregardless of whether Mass or CT has a better talent pool, BC isn't going to pass UMass in the recruiting rankings by pulling in talent from within 140 miles.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:31 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
hinghameagle {l Wrote}:I do assume PP will recruit Connecticut. Daz's rep before this year was that he was a strong CT guy as well.

Wall around CT. The vital key to a successful Power 5 football team. :dildodog

CT isn't the Florida, but there has defiantly been an uptick in talent, specifically at some of the private schools, Cheshire Academy being one is going to have a bunch of guys go D1 this year (including TJ Black who I think has a Bama offer). I would say as of late, CT has def trended above MA in terms of talent

I don't really disagree with you, but this is a shortest midget/most honest inmate debate. Irregardless of whether Mass or CT has a better talent pool, BC isn't going to pass UMass in the recruiting rankings by pulling in talent from within 140 miles.

Like it or not, this is the strategy Addazio is going to use, he has said such numerous times. To date, I think Addazio has done a respectable job keeping the few actual D1 kids here. He won't hit all of them (obviously last year was prob his biggest let down with Quansah, Morgenstern, Harrington and Dalton all getting away) but he can get decent talent to fill his roster locally.

My post was more that football in CT has gotten better in recent years, mostly due to the improvement of the private schools (like we have seen with basketball in this region). When BC is respectable, they will keep kids from the area to comp schools like Duke or Northwestern who try to come here and pick off guys (uconn and umass are just picking up BCs scraps in the area).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:14 am

Overall, even with losing Brown I think this staff overall is a major upgrade. PP and Gunnell are probably the weakest of the new hires, and that says something. Glad to see BC give Gunnell a shot at his first job as a FBS position coach.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:32 am

CT HS coaches are bizarrely loyal to pp

Weird considering he torpedoed their state's program
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali