Fitch Gone

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Fitch Gone

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:57 am

OC and WR coach at LA Tech.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Re: Fitch Gone

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:59 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 31southst on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:02 am

I wonder if the DB coach switches to WR, which I believe he coached at Rutgers.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:07 am

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:10 am

I have a feeling this will be resolved quickly and is not coming as a surprise to Addazio (he probably asked him to stay on till NLI day for recruiting purposes).

You could see how disinterested he looked in all the videos/pictures from Wednesday, this isn't all that surprising.

I think a replacement/coaching change depends on availability, as BC needs to find someone now with exposure to FL. If they can find DB coach who fits the profile, Campinile moves, if they find a WR coach who fits, it remains status quo

To that point, if he could find a RB coach, maybe they move White back to WR.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:46 am

Frankly I applaud this departure. Albert gone too. But..........

Many are fond of touting the better than expected performances in his first two years, so one down year is all it takes to have such a dismantling of the staff?
But doesn't it reflect poorly that going into year 4 of a program, that there is such disruption in the staff and the program in general?

You'd think that in year 4 the "system" you bring with you is taking hold so Addazio can fulfill his promise that in year 5 all will be dramatically different.
And yet, the spaghetti is still being tossed at the wall..... QB and OL questions that destroyed last season a big question once again...offensive philosophy and scheming being reconsidered, new defensive coach and questions about continuity on that side of the ball.....

Is there really anyone who really believes at this point, that we will be a contender in the Atlantic in year 5? Forgettaboutit!

Much like his game and clock management acumen, I think the Sarge is looking overmatched.
:bag :bag
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:18 am

or, maybe sarge was asked to dismantle his staff and, unlike skinner, he was wise enough to listen. the fact that anyone on the offensive (pun intended) side of the ball was allowed to stay more than 10 minutes after the final gun sounded was a kick in the nuts to all of us (even the lurkers that claim to quit but are too pussy to actually go away)

fitch was the brains behind #dude wasn't he? if so, can he take that and slaughters gay little dance with him to la?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:54 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:or, maybe sarge was asked to dismantle his staff and, unlike skinner, he was wise enough to listen.

I'm going to hansenpost this.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:58 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
fitch was the brains behind #dude wasn't he? if so, can he take that and slaughters gay little dance with him to la?

I thought that was Brown?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:12 am

Isn't having coaching changes shortly after signing day generally considered poor form?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:13 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I thought that was Brown?

oh yeah... I think you're right. oh well, a cranky middle-aged man can dream
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:08 pm

if this was a "cleaning house" situation, why were Justin Frye and Frank Leonard allowed to stay? For me, Fitch was welcome to stay if he accepted the demotion to position coach. Today's news makes it seem like he did not.

I feel like the overall balance of the coaching staff has shifted towards : Those too old to have many other options + Those too inexperienced to have many other options
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:14 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:if this was a "cleaning house" situation, why were Justin Frye and Frank Leonard allowed to stay? For me, Fitch was welcome to stay if he accepted the demotion to position coach. Today's news makes it seem like he did not.

I feel like the overall balance of the coaching staff has shifted towards : Those too old to have many other options + Those too inexperienced to have many other options

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:46 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:if this was a "cleaning house" situation, why were Justin Frye and Frank Leonard allowed to stay? For me, Fitch was welcome to stay if he accepted the demotion to position coach. Today's news makes it seem like he did not.

Leonard received a "promotion" to assistant head coach, which is odd since the TE (really, Louie) freaking stunk last year.

Frye did a great job with the OL in years 1 and 2. one bad year shouldn't cost him his job.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:02 pm

Loefller is neither of the choices. PP could be a position coach many places including the nfl, he didn't get fired by the Texans apparently and wanted to move closer to home. I don't really think Reid or campanile are reaches either. Gunnell probably fits, but I think he'll be a good recruiter.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:15 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Loefller is neither of the choices. PP could be a position coach many places including the nfl, he didn't get fired by the Texans apparently and wanted to move closer to home. I don't really think Reid or campanile are reaches either. Gunnell probably fits, but I think he'll be a good recruiter.

This current staff is a huge upgrade, not sure how it's viewed any other way.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Agree with Philly intern and epstein.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Three years ago you would've pegged Don Brown into the "too old" category. There's good coaches here.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:20 pm

fitch has a new job, but his left eye is not very industrious.

[i retract this joke if he has some tragic blindness and not just a lazy-ass eye]
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium