LOI Day

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

LOI Day

Postby eagletx on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:39 am

Well, ESPN shows BC class as last in ACC and 89th nationally, if I read the graphic correctly. If so, does this reflect on Coach Addazio's reputation as a crack recruiter, or do you write it off as a reflection of last season? And if it is a by product of last season, then is the current roster good enough to dramatically raise the team's performance, since there ain't much help in the pipeline. Seems to me, next season has to be the put up or shut up year for Addazio, or BC slides further into relevance oblivion. Cupcake "who cares" schedule that won't draw any positive attention seems to assure that recruiting next year likely will be comparable.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Re: LOI Day

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:57 am

he hasn't shown he prowess at the whole "coaching" thing and i would not chalk this up as stellar results for a "recruiter."

but he can get #dudes into the locker room and yell at refs and people.

i'm starting to wonder if notorious orange had it right or if just maybe sgt slaughter isn't the greatest coach bc has ever had...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:12 am

I for one do not think we have yet reached our threshold for hyperbole and overstatement in this thread. That said, grumble grumble.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:13 am

More like LOL Day.

LOL
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby NaturalLight on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:16 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:Well, ESPN shows BC class as last in ACC and 89th nationally, if I read the graphic correctly. If so, does this reflect on Coach Addazio's reputation as a crack recruiter, or do you write it off as a reflection of last season? And if it is a by product of last season, then is the current roster good enough to dramatically raise the team's performance, since there ain't much help in the pipeline. Seems to me, next season has to be the put up or shut up year for Addazio, or BC slides further into relevance oblivion. Cupcake "who cares" schedule that won't draw any positive attention seems to assure that recruiting next year likely will be comparable.

Small class size has something to do with it too. But yeah not our best recruiting year. :bag

Gotta hope for some development I guess.
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I for one do not think we have yet reached our threshold for hyperbole and overstatement in this thread. That said, grumble grumble.

do you agree that his overuse of the #dudes thing this morning comes off more than just a little bcherbert-ish?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:21 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:More like LOL Day.

LOL

at this point you're getting ready to lay lol-day right down by the cat-hair-pee-fire and make sweet love
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:25 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I for one do not think we have yet reached our threshold for hyperbole and overstatement in this thread. That said, grumble grumble.

do you agree that his overuse of the #dudes thing this morning comes off more than just a little bcherbert-ish?

I don't give a shit. People evidently like it, including a ton of former players in the NFL. When 43-year old accountants and lawyers are the target audience, I'll be annoyed by it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:28 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:Well, ESPN shows BC class as last in ACC and 89th nationally, if I read the graphic correctly. If so, does this reflect on Coach Addazio's reputation as a crack recruiter, or do you write it off as a reflection of last season? And if it is a by product of last season, then is the current roster good enough to dramatically raise the team's performance, since there ain't much help in the pipeline. Seems to me, next season has to be the put up or shut up year for Addazio, or BC slides further into relevance oblivion. Cupcake "who cares" schedule that won't draw any positive attention seems to assure that recruiting next year likely will be comparable.

My bad...class not ranked in 80's...it said best player recruited was 82 in his position...so I suspect BC may do better than 89 th overall. Maybe 79th?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:33 am

LOL

at this point you're getting ready to lay lol-day right down by the cat-hair-pee-fire and make sweet love

You mean sweet LOL-ve
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:37 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:

My bad...class not ranked in 80's...it said best player recruited was 82 in his position...so I suspect BC may do better than 89 th overall. Maybe 79th?

Our historical average is probably low-40s so coming off a 3-9 season...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:44 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

Wait ... what?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:46 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

Wait ... what?

did you not notice this was from hansen before you replied?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:48 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

247 sports ranks us 78th....Rivals ranks us 87th nationally (which is two positions lower than UMASS in their ranking).
But, BE A DUDE!!!
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:07 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

247 sports ranks us 78th....Rivals ranks us 87th nationally (which is two positions lower than UMASS in their ranking).
But, BE A DUDE!!!

UMASS ranking is based off of 28 commits vs 17 in BC's class, thats why a ranking would be higher
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby joesim on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:19 am

joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:32 am

LOL

I like this.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:37 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

LOL

I like this.

if you were prick6 you'd be pitching a fit about how he stole it from you and run off to jhiggioutsiders to post with the others that hate the eo coloredname
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:40 am

LOL

I like this.

if you were prick6 you'd be pitching a fit about how he stole it from you and run off to jhiggioutsiders to post with the others that hate the eo coloredname

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Do any of these recruits have a bubble butt? Asking for hansen.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:46 am

facilities, facilities, facilities.

I think our resident VIP Hoff (now that he has displaced ATL) agrees.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:04 pm

joesim {l Wrote}:http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/40566/new-england-football-national-letter-of-intent-signees

Anyone know who Michael Dereus is?

This was a tweet directed at the ESPN Boston guy:

@BHallESPN Michael Dereus is not a BC commit. That post by Brighton Athletics was made prematurely. Please fix ASAP.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:06 pm

LOL

I like this.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16404&start=30
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:22 pm

LOL

Lol day is better with cats.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:11 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

LOL

I like this.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16404&start=40

well then prick6 stole it from you

ps - i fixed your link to go right to you calling it lol day. i promise that i did not link it to meatbombs as i'm worried glacier will have this place shutdown for it's use of man meat
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:12 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:

LOL

Lol day is better with cats.

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:29 pm

"We have to do great job of development, get character guys and be a real tough, physical team"

Here's the quote we've been waiting for
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Barring injury, Addazio believes that BC will have the best offensive line in the ACC in 2-3 years.

Sure, why not give him 6 years to do it
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:53 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Barring injury, Addazio believes that BC will have the best offensive line in the ACC in 2-3 years.

Smells like contract extension time to me. Get it done Bates!!
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:53 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Barring injury, Addazio believes that BC will have the best offensive line in the ACC in 2-3 years.

It wasn't his doing, but year 2's was pretty good
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

Wait ... what?

I created an excel spreadsheet with our average class ranking and it came out to 40 something. I used the data from 2000 up to but not including last years class. Not sure if I still have it but I can check. I believe I used data from EI.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium