2016 Schedule Announced

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Schedule Announced

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:22 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
He also said Syracuse and BC volunteered to host Friday night football games because there is less sensitivity to high school football in that part of the country.

WTF! This sucks! I hope we are getting something out of this horseshit.

Edit - so this was agreed to while Defallacio was the AD, figures.

No one at BC minds these Friday Night games. Sportscenter shows up, raises the national profile, etc.

it's also our only contribution to the conference that pays us the same amount as all the other teams in the conference. well, we contribute a friday night game and a free win to everyone we play against

more than you contribute to this board, unless you count breaking the search feature before breaking the search feature was cool.

burn.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:33 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Worst home schedule since I've been following BC.

It's a close call.

2004 - Ped State, Yukon, UMass, Rutgres, and some game we don't talk about
1999 - Baylor, Northeastern, Pitt, Miami and WVU (remember, Baylor was a perennial doormat in the 90s)
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:00 pm

The Ireland game is a premier opportunity to further our relationship with SPP
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:51 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
He also said Syracuse and BC volunteered to host Friday night football games because there is less sensitivity to high school football in that part of the country.

WTF! This sucks! I hope we are getting something out of this horseshit.

Edit - so this was agreed to while Defallacio was the AD, figures.

No one at BC minds these Friday Night games. Sportscenter shows up, raises the national profile, etc.

it's also our only contribution to the conference that pays us the same amount as all the other teams in the conference. well, we contribute a friday night game and a free win to everyone we play against

more than you contribute to this board, unless you count breaking the search feature before breaking the search feature was cool.

burn.

:kudos
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:19 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I know someone who works in college football programming at ESPN. Bates has 0 control over these Friday Night games and the BC on Friday Night thing is here to stay. Great TV numbers and a national showcase for BC.

For convenience reasons it sucks, but how many other 3-9 teams have a minimum of 3 guaranteed national showcase games this year?

If we ever return to some semblance of decency, these Friday night games can really turn into something. With the NFL playing Thursday night games, Friday nights become the new Thursday nights. Actually put a decent BC team out there (like the one that knocked off a top 10 USC) and give us annual games against Clemson, Louisville, FSU and VT and we're going to get some serious attention. BC needs wins in the spotlight to revive it's image. If ESPN is offering us Friday night, we've gotta take it.

And we've got to win.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:52 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I know someone who works in college football programming at ESPN. Bates has 0 control over these Friday Night games and the BC on Friday Night thing is here to stay. Great TV numbers and a national showcase for BC.

For convenience reasons it sucks, but how many other 3-9 teams have a minimum of 3 guaranteed national showcase games this year?

If we ever return to some semblance of decency, these Friday night games can really turn into something. With the NFL playing Thursday night games, Friday nights become the new Thursday nights. Actually put a decent BC team out there (like the one that knocked off a top 10 USC) and give us annual games against Clemson, Louisville, FSU and VT and we're going to get some serious attention. BC needs wins in the spotlight to revive it's image. If ESPN is offering us Friday night, we've gotta take it.

And we've got to win.

I agree with this. There was quite a bit of buzz for last year's game with FSU especially after what happened with USC the year before. If BC can get back to respectability, the Friday night games could end up being quite a boon for BC.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:04 pm

This is like starting Slaughter at 6-6 and letting him coach up/down from there. 4 OOC, SU & Weak as a baseline 6 wins, Towelie is probably good enough to get a 7th win esp if an OL or two drop from JUCO heavens. Clock management or another QB roundrobin could snatch one or two of these easy wins away. 5 wins would probably keep the Sarge on active duty, only 4 wins with this schedule should see the old Sarge fade away.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:07 pm

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:This is like starting Slaughter at 6-6 and letting him coach up/down from there. 4 OOC, SU & Weak as a baseline 6 wins, Towelie is probably good enough to get a 7th win esp if an OL or two drop from JUCO heavens. Clock management or another QB roundrobin could snatch one or two of these easy wins away. 5 wins would probably keep the Sarge on active duty, only 4 wins with this schedule should see the old Sarge fade away.

groundbreaking and timely stuff here as always Rocketbreaker
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:08 pm

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:This is like starting Slaughter at 6-6 and letting him coach up/down from there. 4 OOC, SU & Weak as a baseline 6 wins, Towelie is probably good enough to get a 7th win esp if an OL or two drop from JUCO heavens. Clock management or another QB roundrobin could snatch one or two of these easy wins away. 5 wins would probably keep the Sarge on active duty, only 4 wins with this schedule should see the old Sarge fade away.

fascinating take, please tell me more
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:09 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Claver, I've got this. Jeez.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I'll add more!

BC's scheduling philosophy, even if we were to suddenly become an annual 10 win team, would still be starting at 6-6, or probably at least 5-7.

Wins:
1. FCS - Will always be scheduled.
2. G5 - Should always be a local G5, like UMass, UConn, Buffalo, Ohio, etc. There should be zero expectation of a challenging G5 (i.e. BYU, Cincinatti, etc) scheduled.
3. G5 - See above
4. Wake Forest
5. Syracuse
6. NCST

Season Deciding Games:
7. P5
8. Coastal #2
9. VT
9a. Bowl Game

Promised Land Games:
10. Louisville
11. Clemson
12. FSU
12a. ACCCG

I say 5 guaranteed as opposed to 6 because I don't think we can expect all 3 of Wake, Syracuse and NCST to all be doormats on an annual basis. 2/3 should be guaranteed each year (unless we're the doormat). Also, I think the N. Illinois series is an exception scheduled out of desperation, I wouldn't expect another challenging G5. It would be really nice to have a coastal doormat as a crossover, but these days, aside from UVa, its difficult to predict in advance who that would be. This is what we should fully expect moving forward.

Daz will stay for the full length of his contract if he can generally sweep the first group on an annual basis.

If Daz starts generally sweeping the guarantee's and winning 2 or 3 regularly from the season-deciding group, I'd expect him to get renewed and renewed again. BC would probably be thrilled with another TOB-like era.

Probably not even worth talking about what would happen if Daz starts beating FSU, Clemson and Louisville regularly...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Feel free to follow higgi out the door.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:00 pm

The Optimist's Look at the ACC Schedule:

9/3 - GT (Dublin) - BC travelling 3K miles, GT travelling 4K miles. Advantage: BC.
9/17 - @ VT - BC will be coming off UMass, while VT plays Tennessee the week before. Advantage: BC.
10/7 - Clemson (Friday Night) - BC coming off Wagner and Buffalo, while Clemson has GT and Louisville the weeks before. Advantage: BC.
10/22 - Syracuse - BC coming off a bye, while Syracuse plays VT the week before. Advantage: BC
10/29 - @ NCST - BC coming off Syracuse, while NCST coming off a brutal 3-game stretch of ND, Clemson and Louisville. Advantage: BC.
11/5 - Louisville - BC coming off SU and NCST, Louisville coming off NCST and UVa. Advantage: even.
11/11 - @ FSU (Friday night) - BC coming off Louisville, FSU coming off NCST. Advantage: FSU
11/26 - @ Wake Forest - BC coming off UConn, Wake coming off Clemson. Advantage: BC

I see 6-2. That plus the OOC sweep... 10-2!!!

:screamyeagle :pepper2 :screamyeagle :pepper2 :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:17 pm

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:38 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Article on BC dropping Richmond for 2017 ...

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_13bfdc95-b0df-574d-966a-185048d5bc79.html

From the article:

"A request last week from The Times-Dispatch to a Boston College media-relations representative for an explanation of BC’s decision to eliminate the UR game in 2017 went unanswered."

Why does this not surprise me?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:39 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Article on BC dropping Richmond for 2017 ...

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_13bfdc95-b0df-574d-966a-185048d5bc79.html

From the article:

"A request last week from The Times-Dispatch to a Boston College media-relations representative for an explanation of BC’s decision to eliminate the UR game in 2017 went unanswered."

Why does this not surprise me?

Again, I could appoint myself AD and hire all of you from EO who post regularly and in spite of the fact we all hate each other would run a significantly better operation. I think TRE would be perfect in Media Relations we would've sent them a meat bomb!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:32 am

did anyone do the club tickets for Gillette last time / is it worth it? I could've sworn I did the cheaper option and was around the 35 yard line.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:58 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:did anyone do the club tickets for Gillette last time / is it worth it? I could've sworn I did the cheaper option and was around the 35 yard line.

IF you're talking about the red seats - that's where I was. Right under the speakers towards the back of that section near the lounge area. The speaker volume was unbearable.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 19, 2016 2:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'm sorry we're playing on Friday Night twice? Yuck

7:30 this year.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat May 21, 2016 8:42 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'm sorry we're playing on Friday Night twice? Yuck

7:30 this year.

7:30 is a bit better, but I'd still prefer 8 pm.

Trying to get to campus on a Friday Night is a nightmare
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed May 25, 2016 9:39 am

it's been really enjoyable watching the emails fly into my inbox. for a review:

4/8: Renew your tickets today!
4/12: Tailgate at the heights this fall!
4/20: Renewal deadline is April 30!
4/27: Only 2 days left to renew! Don't wait!
4/29: Special Buy One, Get One Free Offer!
5/4: Renewal Deadline Extended!
5/16: Special Presale for Select Single Games!
5/24: Clemson Flex Pack Now On Sale!

its laugh out loud funny
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 25, 2016 9:55 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:it's been really enjoyable watching the emails fly into my inbox. for a review:

its laugh out loud funny

When does the UConn Flex Pack go on sale?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 25, 2016 10:00 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:it's been really enjoyable watching the emails fly into my inbox. for a review:

its laugh out loud funny

there's a secret code that you have to find using google maps. the hints should start appearing in your inbox over the memorial day weekend. i hear it's going to be gayer than middlemarch
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 25, 2016 10:12 am

its laugh out loud funny

there's a secret code that you have to find using google maps. the hints should start appearing in your inbox over the memorial day weekend. i hear it's going to be gayer than middlemarch

This is a good post and you should feel good about it.

Do the nerds still do Middlemarch? I imagine social media and nerdification have combined to make it more popular than ever.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 25, 2016 10:52 am

its laugh out loud funny

Do the nerds still do Middlemarch? I imagine social media and nerdification have combined to make it more popular than ever.

i had to use my google machine to see if this was still a thing. i guess this whole thing snuffed out about the time of the great white fire. newton wouldn't give bc a permit for the homorgy at oconnell house so the event was cancelled. it moved off campus the next year and then the fully vested nerds started attending matinees and holding d&d parties and stopped buying lube and streamers for middlemarch

at least that is what i could gather from the first two google links
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed May 25, 2016 11:21 pm

its laugh out loud funny

Middlemarch was a fun time.
There, I said it.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu May 26, 2016 7:45 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

its laugh out loud funny

Middlemarch was a fun time.
There, I said it.

I agree.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 26, 2016 7:49 am

a wall kicker and a boy-on-boy hot tubber. why am i not surprised
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:26 pm

update:

6/13: Clemson single game presale!
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:23 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:update:

6/13: Clemson single game presale!

BC should be 4-1 going into that game and I have a feeling Alumni will be a sea of orange.
eagle33
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium