Scooter Harrington Decommits

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Scooter Harrington Decommits

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:49 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:The facilities are a symptom not a cause. No one goes all in on fancy facilities and then goes cheap-o on coaches and everything else. When we do build new facilities at BC, they'll be closer to bare minimum acceptable than best in class. Schools build fancy facilities when spending money to compete is part of the athletic strategy - same with when they spend for a name coach.

BC pays more than Stanford.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

This site shows the opposite. I don't know what to believe. :shrug

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:53 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:The facilities are a symptom not a cause. No one goes all in on fancy facilities and then goes cheap-o on coaches and everything else. When we do build new facilities at BC, they'll be closer to bare minimum acceptable than best in class. Schools build fancy facilities when spending money to compete is part of the athletic strategy - same with when they spend for a name coach.

Bama needed Saban... tOSU needed Meyer... Michigan needed Harbaugh... The most storied programs in college football had to go out and pay more than anyone else in the sport (professional or college) to hire an established coach to make themselves great again. Everything in college sports revolves around the head coach.

There are a few ADs who can deftly identify then next rising star. Accordingly, they are able to do things cheaper while delivering consistant success. But, outside of these great evaluators... it is a world of you get-what-you-pay-for. For instance, if BC gave a crap about sports, they would've hired Jay Wright instead of Jim Christian. But, as wrote on the BB board... BC sports has followed the grand plan set forth by Fr. Leahy: join a profitable conference that pays you the same regardless of results. This way, there is no pressure to win and even less fiscal incentive to spend money to support athletics.

Nonetheless, the constant cries for an indoor facility are distractions to the real issues that BC faces... not unlike "more gun control" movement that came out of the San Bernadino terrorist attacks.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:15 pm

BC should have offered Chip Kelly an equity position and profit sharing to take the coaching job.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Bunratty on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

This site shows the opposite. I don't know what to believe. :shrug

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

The USA Today figure includes his buyout from Temple.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:37 pm

For all you ninnies who can't post quickly enough how much better Stanford is than BC in every way, here's the link for your new home: http://thecardboard.org/board/

Now, I'll get out of your way as you gush about what a clever name they have for their board and gosh isn't John Elway the dreamiest....
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:12 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:For all you ninnies who can't post quickly enough how much better Stanford is than BC in every way, here's the link for your new home: http://thecardboard.org/board/

Now, I'll get out of your way as you gush about what a clever name they have for their board and gosh isn't John Elway the dreamiest....

They sure like their Plan A, B and C designations over there. Is QuailMan already a member?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:46 pm

not enough meatbombs
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles66 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:21 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:For all you ninnies who can't post quickly enough how much better Stanford is than BC in every way, here's the link for your new home: http://thecardboard.org/board/

Thou shall not be objective nor shall though provide criticism of the almighty.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:31 pm

So we lost a pussy-ass stage manager who only got the job because his uncle owns the theater. Consider me non-plussed.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:17 pm

Hey! Why-a you care-a so much about-a da recruiting? Trust-a me! I know-a what I am-a doing. I make-a da pizza. I make-a da gravy. I make-a da football team win!. Dis year, I guarantee!
xoxo,
Chef Boyardee
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Hey! Why-a you care-a so much about-a da recruiting? Trust-a me! I know-a what I am-a doing. I make-a da pizza. I make-a da gravy. I make-a da football team win!. Dis year, I guarantee!
xoxo,
Chef Boyardee

Hey coach, are you mad that they re-dubbed your voice in the Uno's commercial?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:40 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Hey! Why-a you care-a so much about-a da recruiting? Trust-a me! I know-a what I am-a doing. I make-a da pizza. I make-a da gravy. I make-a da football team win!. Dis year, I guarantee!
xoxo,
Chef Boyardee

Non si capisce ma come cazzo parlate
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Why you no unnerstand-a what-a I am-a sayin'? Whadda are you, deficiente, or-a sumthin?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:22 pm

The USC red bandana game seems very far away.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:56 pm

"Southerners don't count." - Everyone north of Naples.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:25 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I thought Harrington was ultimately slated to be a LT. Not that our LTs have been very involved in the offense either.

:whammy
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium