Who's going to Ireland?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Who's going to Ireland?

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:12 am

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I heard that BC sold over 6k tickets. Actually know a lot of people going; no one under 50 though.

How many people do you know under 50?

:duchE

I know 3 class of 2015 going, pays to have loaded parents.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:47 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I heard that BC sold over 6k tickets. Actually know a lot of people going; no one under 50 though.

The trip is doable for under $1k if you're smart with air fares (I got SFO-DUB via Reykjavik for about $550/person on something called WOW Air) and don't plan to go anywhere other than Ireland or stay more than about 4-5 days. Granted $1k is still a lot for someone a little over a year out of school, but for a once in a lifetime trip most can swing it if they're big enough fans.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:13 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

The trip is doable for under $1k if you're smart with air fares (I got SFO-DUB via Reykjavik for about $550/person on something called WOW Air) and don't plan to go anywhere other than Ireland or stay more than about 4-5 days. Granted $1k is still a lot for someone a little over a year out of school, but for a once in a lifetime trip most can swing it if they're big enough fans.

You get your money's worth on WOW Air. Here's the beginning of their safety video. Good luck.

Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:18 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

I did something similar, also using WOW Air to get to Dublin from Boston via Reykjavik. But we're also going to London for a week after the game.

I would imagine that KEF>DUB flight is going to have a lot of people going to the game on it, depending on the day. If we're on the same flight I'll try and keep the tuba music down.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:20 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:You get your money's worth on WOW Air. Here's the beginning of their safety video. Good luck.

My favorite thing about WOW is that they literally own four (4) planes
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:48 am

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:You get your money's worth on WOW Air. Here's the beginning of their safety video. Good luck.

My favorite thing about WOW is that they literally own four (4) planes

They're up to 9 now according to IBpedia orders for 7 more pending.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:01 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

, but for a once in a lifetime trip most can swing it if they're big enough fans.

BC played Army in Ireland 28 years ago.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:08 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

, but for a once in a lifetime trip most can swing it if they're big enough fans.

is philly 28 yet?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:07 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

I cant deal with transfers, direct or no go.

I am probably only going to Dublin once, so doing it right $900 flight my half of hotel is $750 and $350 in beer and bad food. $2k for a 5star hotel and direct flight.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:08 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

SF to Dublin? thats a hell of a flight, how long is it taking you?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Here in Galway City I'm amazed at how many young people know BC and actually follow the team wanting to know who is going to start Wade or Towles. They actually follow college football and know of BC as a top academic university. They remember Matty Ice and want to know if Towles will be Patty Ice! I know a lot of BC families come from Galway, but the connection is still strong.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:41 pm

This was a smart move for BC to play this game, just nothing you'll ever get me to go to.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:10 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Here in Galway City I'm amazed at how many young people know BC and actually follow the team wanting to know who is going to start Wade or Towles. They actually follow college football and know of BC as a top academic university. They remember Matty Ice and want to know if Towles will be Patty Ice! I know a lot of BC families come from Galway, but the connection is still strong.

what do they think about to corners, liar?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:08 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this.

i wouldn't even put my butler on a non-direct flight. i'll never understand the people who pay $40 or whatever less to fly w stops
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:39 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this.

i wouldn't even put my butler on a non-direct flight. i'll never understand the people who pay $40 or whatever less to fly w stops

The only time I thought about it was when I couldn't get the flight time I wanted. I found a way to do it by leaving from a different airport and it was worth the extra $200 not to be bothered.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:41 am

If we win, it will be a great launching pad for the season and make Umass worth going to.

Book has us as 3 point dogs.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:17 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:If we win, it will be a great launching pad for the season and make Umass worth going to.

it is unfortunate that the result of this game will have a large influence on my outlook / excitement / willingness to make bc football a sizable portion of my fall, but it is the case.

If we start 1-2 (0-2), alumni will be a morgue even moreso than usual for the electric noon home opener against wagner

im not planning on going to umass at this point, but a win, and dare i say an impressive win, would probably make me go.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:16 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:If we win, it will be a great launching pad for the season and make Umass worth going to.

it is unfortunate that the result of this game will have a large influence on my outlook / excitement / willingness to make bc football a sizable portion of my fall, but it is the case.

If we start 1-2 (0-2), alumni will be a morgue even moreso than usual for the electric noon home opener against wagner

im not planning on going to umass at this point, but a win, and dare i say an impressive win, would probably make me go.

Totally agree. Given the way our schedule plays out means we're likely looking at a 4-1 minimum after 5 weeks if we beat GT. Even given the fact it would be paper soft, that definitely influences excitement for the rest of the year.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:22 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this.

It was a great way to save money 20 years ago. So was a long-distance calling plan with free nights and weekends.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:07 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this.

It was a great way to save money 20 years ago. So was a long-distance calling plan with free nights and weekends.

people in the walmarty part of the world don't really have a choice, jerks
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:09 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I am waiting to buy tix to Umass but have a hotel in Boston. Doesnt look like tix areon sale yet since Stubhub doesnt have anything less than $19 and I assume this is a $5 a ticket game.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:34 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
I am waiting to buy tix to Umass but have a hotel in Boston. Doesnt look like tix areon sale yet since Stubhub doesnt have anything less than $19 and I assume this is a $5 a ticket game.

If you want them for $5, you will probably have to buy them outside the stadium right before kickoff. Attendance for this game was better than expected last time, especially on the BC side of the field.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:07 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

If you want them for $5, you will probably have to buy them outside the stadium right before kickoff. Attendance for this game was better than expected last time, especially on the BC side of the field.

I'm not the type to wait that long. I checked BC boxoffice and they didnt have them online.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:30 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

SF to Dublin? thats a hell of a flight, how long is it taking you?

It's about 12-13 hours to Reykjavik then another 2 or so to Dublin. It's not as bad as it looks on a 2D map because you fly over the Arctic. I've done Atlanta to Tokyo nonstop and that was far worse than this will be.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:32 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

Which is a) outside the lifetime of anyone who is in school or graduated after about 2010, and 2. No guarantee we will play there in another 28 years and that anyone who is able to go this time will be able to then
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this.

Buy a Netjets share then. No one should ever transfer. Ever.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:06 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

We got our tickets from BC today. Only a couple of rows left on the BC side, and not a ton left on the UMass side. Remember, they don't use the upper decks for UMass games, so this one may sell out with about 30-35 K in the seats.

I don't see you wanting to sit on the UMass side...
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:17 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

We got our tickets from BC today. Only a couple of rows left on the BC side, and not a ton left on the UMass side. Remember, they don't use the upper decks for UMass games, so this one may sell out with about 30-35 K in the seats.

I don't see you wanting to sit on the UMass side...

I'm not buying what you or BC is selling here. BC didn't sell 15K tickets or whatever to this game to fill that entire sideline. Last time the crowd was good, but nowhere near filling the sideline.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Bet they do.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:00 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

this.

Buy a Netjets share then. No one should ever transfer. Ever.

The words of a man who has never enjoyed a Sunday connection in Atlanta or Charlotte traveling home from a big BC road win down south. I honestly don't mind transferring in general (chance to get off the plane, stretch my legs, and get a drink in a different airport) but walking among the SEC and ACC fans wearing maroon and gold with my head held high back in the days when I lived on the east coast and when we could regularly do so was truly glorious.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium