Bye Week Distraction

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bye Week Distraction

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Congrats to Campion on winning and your desire to defend memory of the defunct Boston Shamrocks, (will you also defend the equally defunct Marlboro Shamrocks.?)

Congrats to 81 for refusing to cave in to Campion's other outrageous demands. 81, he was trying to emasculate you (judging by your Avatar he didn't have far to go) and rig the judging of your own contest, and prevent you from declaring a winner until he cleared it.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:35 pm

New England Sports Trivia Contest 5.0

Past Winners:
1.0 Campion
2.0 TRE
3.0 Notorious Orange
4.0 HolyCross87/Campion
5.0 AC/Campion

Overall Standings: 2 points for win. Prize TBD

1. Campion 6 points
2. TRE -2 points
2. NO- 2 points
4. HC-2 point
5. AC-2 point
Last edited by 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Alright already. See edit above. Trivia 6.0 will be posted Monday 12 Noon sharp. It's a real tough one.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:20 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
2. The name of the four Boston NFL teams before the Patriots?
Hints: One is a dog with a scrunched up face, One is a baseball team in Atlanta
One is the short name of a rival of the Red Sox and One is a NFL team whose
head coach is longer calling the plays

Tell me again how campion wins. Shamrocks were not in the NFL.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:06 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

Given that there is some potentially valid dispute on the answer, I awarded both of you the win and the 2 points that go with it in the standings and record book.
Plus, your avatar remains. That is a huge incentive for me to put out Trivia 6.0 next week. You got me back in spades with that avatar. Is TRE still crying or is he going to play the Weekly Upset Special as usual?
Also, I noticed you haven't placed your pick AC. It was a long shot on Tulane-LSU last week but you never know with those rivalry games. Anyway, you had the only chance to win after EE picked the UNC upset of VT.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:15 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

Given that there is some potentially valid dispute on the answer, I awarded both of you the win and the 2 points that go with it in the standings and record book.

I deserve the 2 points. I call :tre :tre :tre on you two early '80's coke-snorting-off-of bewbs-and-cocks-squirt-fiends.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:21 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

I deserve the 2 points. I call :tre :tre :tre on you two early '80's coke-snorting-off-of bewbs-and-cocks-squirt-fiends.

Campion is no friend of mine. He is one that lured me into much of the personal information crap. However, he is very, very good at trivia. He seems to catch a tiny mistake or angle on the last two contests. That's why I am double checking Trivia 6.0 so he can't keep coming back claiming victory 5 hours after everyone else answers. For all we know, he didn't know any of the answers to the other nine questions and then finds a technicality to rage his fury upon and claim victory. Wait a minute, I think I just did that yesterday myself. Nevermind. My bad.

EDIT: I have spoken with all the representative bowl committees and I will be instituting a BC Rule aka "THE CAMPION RULE". If 81 decalres a winner then Campion or other said disputer must find more than ONE incorrect trivia answer in order for the dispute to be valid and such dispute must be signaled within one hour of the decalration of a winner by throwing the Flag :whiteflag as they do in the NFL in their post declaring the dispute. Without the flag and without submitting the dispute within one hour then the declared winner stands.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:23 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

in campion's story of ms fallopian, i am going to suggest that campion and 81 were the homohumpers that some straight dude, hk, and ms. fallopian stumbled upon at st. john's... the rest of the story he made up

This coming from the leader of the homohumper Rat Pack. I know there are pics of you and the gang in full throttle all playing Twister nude. But, I am glad you aren't crying anymore. We had our dispute and we resolved it. Thank you BC GUY. Let's move on shall we. BTW, I have instuted the BC Rule aka The Campion Rule as stated above. The rule is my backstop in case I make a mistake. But, it's my responsibility to make sure the questions and answers are clear so there are no disputes. Frankly, this started out as a fun little game that I just did off the top of my head. Now, I need to re-double my efforts on fact checking because Campion is a level above me on the trivia so I can't leave him an opening. But, if I do leave an opening. I have the Campion Rule as a backstop. BTW, I really appreciate your declarations of love the other day. That and my new gay avatar made my day just spanky. Love Always 81. xoxo
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:37 am

campion {l Wrote}:So in essence, your "campion rule" is that everyone other than me only needs to get 9 out of 10 right in order to win, and that I have to find two wrong answers? Why are you penalizing me for excellence, and rewarding mediocrity? I need a lawyer. This case will go down as Bukkake v. Regents of the State of California

Not correct. The time of the Trivia Contest is now publicaly known. It's 12 Noon EST on Mondays. The first to give me all 10 answers in one post wins. The Rule, similar to the BC Rule, is to prevent someone coming in much, much later and claiming victory on a technicality/slightly incorrect answer. Anyone can lodge a dispute. If you are the first to submit all 10 answers then you still win. If you find an error then you can dispute it but it must be within one hour of the declared winner. Otherwise, it's not fair to the other players. Ultimately, it's my fault for leaving some questions/answers nebulous. I will re-double my efforts on fact checking so I doubt the Campion Rule will ever come into play. I thank you for your diplomatic efforts with TRE but I have to be fair to all players otherwise, you will not have anyone to compete against and that won't be fun for you. I had to do something as folks are upset that the last two contests ended in dispute. I take full responsibility for that and will endeavour to make sure all questions are clear and all answers correct and concise. You are the BEST friend I ever had but fair is fair.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:48 am

campion {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:So in essence, your "campion rule" is that everyone other than me only needs to get 9 out of 10 right in order to win, and that I have to find two wrong answers? Why are you penalizing me for excellence, and rewarding mediocrity? I need a lawyer. This case will go down as Bukkake v. Regents of the State of California

Not correct. The time of the Trivia Contest is now publicaly known. It's 12 Noon EST on Mondays. The first to give me all 10 answers in one post wins. The Rule, similar to the BC Rule, is to prevent someone coming in much, much later and claiming victory on a technicality/slightly incorrect answer. If you are the first to submit all 10 answers then you still win. If you find an error then you can dispute it but it must be within one hour of the declared winner. Otherwise, it's not fair to the other players. Ultimately, it's my fault for leaving some questions/answers nebulous. I will re-double my efforts on fact checking so I doubt the Campion Rule will ever come into play.

As you may or may not know, I work as a Jizzmopper, second class in an adult entertainment facility just outside Youngstown, Ohio. The lunch hour is one of our busiest times with guys lined up at our 24 glory hole facility. That means that the noon hour is our busiest hour of the day. Between 12 and 1 I am in a constant rush to mop up the jizz from the floor. There is no way for me to be online between 12 and 1. At 1 I really need to wash up for a few minutes before logging on. Believe me. So I am available at about 1:15. Please reschedule the start of the contest until 1:15.

Its bad enough that I have to follow a separate set of rules. Please don't penalize me for performing the duties of my chosen profession. 1:15.

I suggest you let the jizz dry and crust up while you play Trivia. It's easier to scrap than mop anyway. Mopping while wet just spreads it all around. I get all tingly just thinking about that with my new gay avatar.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:49 am

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Congrats to Campion on winning and your desire to defend memory of the defunct Boston Shamrocks, (will you also defend the equally defunct Marlboro Shamrocks.?)

Congrats to 81 for refusing to cave in to Campion's other outrageous demands. 81, he was trying to emasculate you (judging by your Avatar he didn't have far to go) and rig the judging of your own contest, and prevent you from declaring a winner until he cleared it.

I'm from Marlboro. Born and raised. Went to many Shamrock games and knew many guys on the team.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 am

campion {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

Not correct. The time of the Trivia Contest is now publicaly known. It's 12 Noon EST on Mondays. The first to give me all 10 answers in one post wins. The Rule, similar to the BC Rule, is to prevent someone coming in much, much later and claiming victory on a technicality/slightly incorrect answer. If you are the first to submit all 10 answers then you still win. If you find an error then you can dispute it but it must be within one hour of the declared winner. Otherwise, it's not fair to the other players. Ultimately, it's my fault for leaving some questions/answers nebulous. I will re-double my efforts on fact checking so I doubt the Campion Rule will ever come into play.

As you may or may not know, I work as a Jizzmopper, second class in an adult entertainment facility just outside Youngstown, Ohio. The lunch hour is one of our busiest times with guys lined up at our 24 glory hole facility. That means that the noon hour is our busiest hour of the day. Between 12 and 1 I am in a constant rush to mop up the jizz from the floor. There is no way for me to be online between 12 and 1. At 1 I really need to wash up for a few minutes before logging on. Believe me. So I am available at about 1:15. Please reschedule the start of the contest until 1:15.

Its bad enough that I have to follow a separate set of rules. Please don't penalize me for performing the duties of my chosen profession. 1:15.

I suggest you let the jizz dry and crust up while you play Trivia. It's easier to scrap than mop anyway. Mopping while wet just spreads it all around. I get all tingly just thinking about that with my new gay avatar.

I can't believe you. I said I HAVE TO WORK BETWEEN 12 AND 1.

Lunchtime rush?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium