Official Future Scheduling Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Official Future Scheduling Thread

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:08 pm

*** UPDATED 8/21/19 to reflect Army home-and home***
*** UPDATED 8/21/19 to reflect Holy Cross addition to 2023 schedule ***
*** UPDATED 8/21/19 to reflect swapped home-and-home dates for pre-existing 2022/2023 UConn series***
[/b]

2020:
- P5: Purdue
- P5(bonus): @ Kansas
- G5(a): Ohio
- FCS: Holy Cross
- ACC Home: Clemson, Louisville, Syracuse, UNC
- ACC Road: FSU, NCST, Wake, VT

2021:
- P5: Missouri
- G5(a): @UMass (Gillette)
- G5(b): @Temple
- FCS: tbd
- ACC Home: FSU, NCST, Wake, VT
- ACC Road: Clemson, Louisville, Syracuse, GT

2022:
- P5: @ Notre Dame
- P5(bonus): Rutgers
- G5(a): @UConn
- G5(b): UMass
- FCS: (none)
- ACC Home: Clemson, Louisville, Syracuse, Duke

2023:
- P5*: @Army
- G5(a): UConn
- G5(b): tbd
- FCS: Holy Cross
- ACC Home: FSU, NCST, Wake, VT
- ACC Road: Clemson, Louisville, Syracuse, Miami

2024:
- P5: Michigan State
- P5 (bonus): @ Missouri (in Kansas City)
- G5(a): tbd
- G5/FCS: tbd
- ACC Home: Clemson, Louisville, Syracuse, UVa

2025:
- P5: Notre Dame
- P5: @ Michigan State

2026:
- P5: @ Ohio State
- P5 (bonus): Rutgers

2027:
- P5: Ohio State
- P5 (bonus): @ Rutgers

2028:
- P5: Stanford
- P5 (bonus): @ Notre Dame
- P5*(sort of bonus): Army

2029:
- P5: @ Stanford

2030:

2033:

2035:
- P5: @ Notre Dame
Last edited by dtwalrus on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 58 times in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Re: Official Future Scheduling Thread

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Also pertinent to the discussion the Globe today released this little editorial: "BC hosting football at Fenway is a perfect fit."

Apparently Fenway loves the idea and wants it to be an annual game. Bates seems to be pushing against BC's historical reluctance to play at Fenway, but work remains to be done.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015 ... story.html

Don't know what the general opinion around here is, but I 100% support this. Probably should never be the biggest game on the schedule and shouldn't be something that we'd likely sell out at home, but there are games on the schedule that we could fill the 38K of Fenway and enjoy the exposure of the location. I'm thinking lower tier opponents like Holy Cross, UConn, UMass or even middling P5 opponents like Rutgers or Northwestern or Vanderbilt.
Last edited by dtwalrus on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:24 pm

that idea is dumb
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:29 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:that idea is dumb

Why? What's the objection? Don't want to miss out on the stellar tailgating at Alumni? Don't want to feel cramped in the tight confines of 38K when we so clearly need a bigger space?

In an ideal world, with better tailgating at Alumni and better attendance on a regular basis, this is a dumb idea. But right now, I don't see it that way.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:02 pm

I love how every suggestion to stimulate interest and attendance for BC football comes at the expense of current season ticket holders. Fuck Chris Gasper and his articles about BC "knowing its place."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:54 pm

DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:51 pm

Bates is headed towards scheduling uconn, umass, maine, and hc/uri for all four ooc every year and playing all the games at gillette.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:41 pm

nm
Last edited by dtwalrus on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:42 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I love how every suggestion to stimulate interest and attendance for BC football comes at the expense of current season ticket holders. Fuck Chris Gasper and his articles about BC "knowing its place."

I just assumed that a BC home game at Fenway would be included in the season ticket package. Sure, it wouldn't be the exact seat correlation as Alumni, but some approximation based on value could easily be made.

I would totally agree that this is a garbage idea if tickets for a BC home game at Fenway were sold separately from the regular season ticket package.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:that idea is dumb

This.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:56 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
I would totally agree that this is a garbage idea if tickets for a BC home game at Fenway were sold separately from the regular season ticket package.

oh, sure - the season ticket holders will get the first crack at the fenway ticket. hey, they might even get a discount, but i can assure you they are paying more for that ticket.

you think it's free to just pop over to fenway and play a game? or are you saying that you think bc will eat the cost they have to pay fenway to hold the game there?

the fact that you even consider that a ticket at fenway would be included in the season ticket package for alumni stadium shows how truly hanstarded you are.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:25 pm

Wait...is next year's schedule really UMass, UConn, Buffalo and Wagner????????? Just end it now. What a disgrace.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Wait...is next year's schedule really UMass, UConn, Buffalo and Wagner????????? Just end it now. What a disgrace.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:34 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Wait...is next year's schedule really UMass, UConn, Buffalo and Wagner????????? Just end it now. What a disgrace.

It's even worse than that. Don't forget that one of our ACC home games was moved to Dublin. Home schedule is Clemson, Louisville, Syracuse, UConn, Buffalo and Wagner.

It's disgusting and hopefully will never happen again, but considering we're coming off a 3-9 (0-8) year, it's probably for the best.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:18 am

A BC home game at Fenway would be included in the season ticket package because they need a base to sell the tickets too. They cannot start at zero and try to convince season ticket holders to buy a ticket, you make them buy the ticket in the season ticket package. Red Sox season ticket holders got all of the upper deck seats for the ND game this year.

I think this is a good idea to do once a year until Alumni gets renovated. Fanfest across from Fenway (Drop Kick Murphys), plenty of bars, all good. BC at UMass at Gillette should be both teams home game. Just include the ticket in the BC season ticket package and get 40,000 to the game (30,000 BC). Why start at zero ticket sales for this game? It makes no sense.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:13 am

I think you had the option to include umass in your season pack last season.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:41 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I think you had the option to include umass in your season pack last season.

i would guess it was for a fee well above the alumni ticket cost (which is essentially what i was saying)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:21 am

"I think this is a good idea to do once a year until Alumni gets renovated."
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:56 am

For all the issues listed regarding Fenway games, we need to boost attendance and we need to increase our presence in Boston. If the Fenway group wants CFB games, it better be us.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:00 am

Also, an annual Fenway game would help recruiting. If you're trying to sell college sports in a pro town it helps to embrace the pro town...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:03 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:For all the issues listed regarding Fenway games, we need to boost attendance and we need to increase our presence in Boston. If the Fenway group wants CFB games, it better be us.

are we bringing notre dame as our opponent? i can guarantee that if we put up any of butt-cut's wrecking crew of an ooc schedule, we're not even going to sell out that band box. so that means we turn one of our acc games into a gimmick game (oh wait it's too late - we'd be dublin our acc gimmick game forecast if we scheduled something like this

i'm on board with team "this idea is dumb and think anyone that supports it is dumb." thought i would spell it out so there wouldn't be any confusion like there was in my support of slaughter
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:10 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:For all the issues listed regarding Fenway games, we need to boost attendance and we need to increase our presence in Boston. If the Fenway group wants CFB games, it better be us.

are we bringing notre dame as our opponent? i can guarantee that if we put up any of butt-cut's wrecking crew of an ooc schedule, we're not even going to sell out that band box. so that means we turn one of our acc games into a gimmick game (oh wait it's too late - we'd be dublin our acc gimmick game forecast if we scheduled something like this

i'm on board with team "this idea is dumb and think anyone that supports it is dumb." thought i would spell it out so there wouldn't be any confusion like there was in my support of slaughter

you can't see UConn BC at Fenway on a Saturday night? I don't want to, but I can.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:12 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

you can't see UConn BC at Fenway on a Saturday night? I don't want to, but I can.

much like the diamond ferri game of times past, there are no future games scheduled between boston college and the university of connecticut - storrs that i am aware of
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:15 am

we should just play an in conference home game in ireland every year, an in conference game at fenway every year, and have 4 home games of wake forest, pitt, uconn and wagner
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:17 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:we should just play an in conference home game in ireland every year, an in conference game at fenway every year, and have 4 home games of wake forest, pitt, uconn and wagner

only about 800 people would care
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:53 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

much like the diamond ferri game of times past, there are no future games scheduled between boston college and the university of connecticut - storrs that i am aware of

How timely! Today's NBC Connecticut coverage of the UMass-UConn scheduling announcement contained this tidbit on the BC vs. UConn series:

"UMass Athletic Director Ryan Bamford says that was done to allow UConn to fill those dates with a home-and-home series against Boston College. UConn spokesman Mike Enright says that school is not prepared to announce the deal, "but anticipates it will."
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/blogs/dog-house/UConn-UMass-Boston-College-BC-Football-Deal--361448871.html

My understanding was that helping UMass replace it's originally scheduled game against UConn with FIU was the last hurdle towards this 3-team deal going through. Well, UMass vs. FIU in 2016 was officially announced yesterday. Which means that as of yesterday UConn officially has a hole in it's schedule where UMass previously was. Which means expect a BC vs. UConn announcement any day now.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:37 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:If the Fenway group wants CFB games, it better be us.

The Fenway group doesn't want CFB. They want anything they can sell in that ballpark during the offseason. They'd host Disney On Ice if they were confident 30K people would show up.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:52 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

The Fenway group doesn't want CFB. They want anything they can sell in that ballpark during the offseason. They'd host Disney On Ice if they were confident 30K people would show up.

Put an aquarium tank in there and we can do annual EO Navy Battles. I'll take Claver, CommAve, TWB, DGF and AdamBC as my 6 man team. Any and all challengers are welcome.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:58 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Put an aquarium tank in there and we can do annual EO Navy Battles. I'll take Claver, CommAve, TWB, DGF and AdamBC as my 6 man team. Any and all challengers are welcome.

i don't think anyone here wants anything to do with the eo coaching staff's seamen. although i'm not surprised lbl's involved - likely as your "undercover" operator
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:58 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You'd launch the lifeboats before the opening cannon barrage.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium