Official Future Scheduling Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Future Scheduling Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:20 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:25 pm

hire a MAC ad, expect MAC opponents.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:12 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Central Mich in 2017: http://bcheights.com/sports/football/20 ... home-game/
:bored

So did they dump Richmond from the schedule?
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:16 pm

At least there isn't a return trip.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Central Mich in 2017: http://bcheights.com/sports/football/20 ... home-game/

I'm confused.

So this is nowhere except in the Heights. And their source is a press release on BCEagles.com, but the press release they link contains no mention of a 2017 game against Central Michigan. I see no other information on BCEagles.com about this Chippewa game.

2017 already has ND, UConn and N.Illinois all locked in, with dates already set. The Richmond game is the only one yet to be announced that Central Michigan would take the place of. But does anyone here really think BB would drop our FCS opponent? Why pay a G5 for a one-off game when you can pay an FCS? It's cheaper. It's not like C. Michigan is any more of a draw than Richmond.

Something's fishy. Regardless, I'm holding off on updating the initial future schedule post until I see something more concrete.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:05 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:hire a MAC ad, expect MAC opponents.

He's auditioning us so we have a landing spot when we get kicked out of the ACC due to his 0 for FB/BB leadership.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:40 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:

I'm confused.

So this is nowhere except in the Heights. And their source is a press release on BCEagles.com, but the press release they link contains no mention of a 2017 game against Central Michigan. I see no other information on BCEagles.com about this Chippewa game.

2017 already has ND, UConn and N.Illinois all locked in, with dates already set. The Richmond game is the only one yet to be announced that Central Michigan would take the place of. But does anyone here really think BB would drop our FCS opponent? Why pay a G5 for a one-off game when you can pay an FCS? It's cheaper. It's not like C. Michigan is any more of a draw than Richmond.

Something's fishy. Regardless, I'm holding off on updating the initial future schedule post until I see something more concrete.

I'm fairly certain paying a FCS school is more expensive.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Chris Low over at ESPN has rated BC's as the 2nd easiest 2016 OOC schedule.

2. Boston College Eagles

Sept. 10: at UMass
Sept. 24: Wagner
Oct 1: Buffalo
Nov. 19: UConn

Boston College's defense last season was no joke. The Eagles ranked first nationally in total defense and fourth in scoring defense and allowed more than 20 points only three times all season. They also won just three games all season but have a nonconference schedule in 2016 tailor-made to have four built-in wins. Three of the games are at home, and the away game out of conference next season is against UMass at Gillette Stadium. Considering BC had to play Notre Dame last season at home, that's not a bad trade-off.

Only Baylor has an easier schedule.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... e-schedule
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:57 pm

Two of the top 10 teams (Baylor and Iowa) are on that list. Easy schedules for crap teams shouldn't be a surprise. However, for teams vying for a playoff spot, it is unconscionable.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:35 pm

Master post edited to reflect the confirmation of the Central Michigan for Richmond swap. (Credit to BCSUPERFAN22)

http://m.richmond.com/sports/article_13 ... l?mode=jqm
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Master post edited to reflect Stanford series!

:screamyeagle :skank :screamyeagle :skank :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:21 am

That's good messageboarding DTW.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Yay, a game west of the Mississippi. Cookies and ice cream for the 7 fans that remain engaged in CA.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Temple added to schedule in 2018 (BC) and 2021 (Philly).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:18 pm

yay?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:20 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:woo?

BC made a big deal about it on Twitter, like this is exciting news or something. They're so clueless.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:26 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:yay?

better than uconn series, still underwhelming
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:30 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:yay?

better than uconn series, still underwhelming

a solid "meh". decent amount of alum in philly.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:45 pm

The battle of schools Addazio used to coach!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:06 pm

What's next, a 2 for 1 with Rutgres (1 home, 2 away)?
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:06 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:What's next, a 2 for 1 with Rutgres (1 home, 2 away)?

Rutgers would be better than Yukon.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:08 pm

This is lukewarm, but its not bad.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:45 pm

2021 feels like a million years from now, but I will probably go.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:54 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:What's next, a 2 for 1 with Rutgres (1 home, 2 away)?

Rutgers would be better than Yukon.

Now that I think about it, they are in a P5 conference so they would be better than UConn or Temple.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Master Post on Page 1 updated to reflect the news.

In general, I like playing Temple. If we're going to schedule 2 G5's every year, they might as well make sense geographically or culture/values wise. Philly has a BC alumni base in the first place and is a make-able trip for the Boston folks and definitely for the NYC folks.

With that said, the real cupcake-ification of the schedule is in full swing at this point. Aside from the ACC mandated games against ND in 2017, 2019 and 2021, BC might not play anyone with a pulse in OOC. 2018 is now @Purdue, UMass, Temple and Holy Cross. Not going to season tickets based on that slate. 2021 looks even worse with no P5 scheduled yet, @UMass, @Temple and a tbd FCS. Ugh.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Updated the master post one more time, adding the ACC games.

I will say that 2018 is saved by the ACC slate, where we get Miami at home. The home games are: Clemson, Louisville, Miami, Syracuse, Temple, UMass, and Holy Cross. That actually does look like a pretty good slate of season tickets. Throw in the fact that Notre Dame is on the schedule in 2017 (which always sells) and all of the sudden you start seeing the plan. If they can win this year and attract some more attention, 2017 and 2018 can be two years in a row that grow the season ticket base. Of course, there needs to be a product on the field to match the schedule...

As an aside, the Wake and NCST home games in odd years really destroy the home schedule. In 2019 when we're on the road against ND OOC, the home slate is going to be almost as bad as this year: FSU, VT, Wake, NCST, Richmond and two likely uninspiring G5's. Gross.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle33 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:04 pm

OOC will be cupcake city as long as Bates is in charge. Look at the teams he's scheduled since he's been here. Stanford is the only name team I can think of. A lot of the remaining fan base might be dead by the time those games get played. We need to get rid of this guy, he is just an awful fit at BC.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:12 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:OOC will be cupcake city as long as Bates is in charge. Look at the teams he's scheduled since he's been here. Stanford is the only name team I can think of. A lot of the remaining fan base might be dead by the time those games get played. We need to get rid of this guy, he is just an awful fit at BC.

Cupcake as in only one P5 and two G5's and an FCS every year, absolutely. I think Bates would love to go 3-1 OOC every year at the very worst.

Cupcake in terms of the one P5 marquee game, that remains to be seen. Purdue is cupcake P5, but there weren't many options left and we're rebuilding. I'd like to hope that moving forward Bates will be targeting more P5's like Stanford than like Purdue.

Personally, moreso than the OOC schedule, I think Bates needs to push for changes to the ACC scheduling. It's time for a Big East and ACC Division split. Give us VT, Miami, Louisville, Syracuse, VT and Pitt every year and the home slate starts looking better already. Just get rid of the fucking Carolina teams.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:26 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:OOC will be cupcake city as long as Bates is in charge. Look at the teams he's scheduled since he's been here. Stanford is the only name team I can think of. A lot of the remaining fan base might be dead by the time those games get played. We need to get rid of this guy, he is just an awful fit at BC.

Cupcake as in only one P5 and two G5's and an FCS every year, absolutely. I think Bates would love to go 3-1 OOC every year at the very worst.

Cupcake in terms of the one P5 marquee game, that remains to be seen. Purdue is cupcake P5, but there weren't many options left and we're rebuilding. I'd like to hope that moving forward Bates will be targeting more P5's like Stanford than like Purdue.

Personally, moreso than the OOC schedule, I think Bates needs to push for changes to the ACC scheduling. It's time for a Big East and ACC Division split. Give us VT, Miami, Louisville, Syracuse, VT and Pitt every year and the home slate starts looking better already. Just get rid of the fucking Carolina teams.

The divisions definitely need to be redone, but most importantly, the permanent cross division rival thing needs to go away. If the league wants to keep rivals together, put teams in the same side. Hopefully they go to a 9 game schedule and eliminate the permanent rival so we can see other teams more than once a decade.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:26 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Howard and Wagner say hi.

In your ACC/BE split, we already play VT, Louisville and Cuse every year. You would exchange annual games with Clemson and FSU for games with Pitt and Miami. I'm not in favor of that. It would be nice to have Miami and Pitt on the schedule more often than NC State and Wake but that's the price you pay in the age of realignment. Can't wait to see what the B12 ends up looking like if/when they expand.
eagle33
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium