Official Future Scheduling Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Future Scheduling Thread

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:41 pm

Syracuse and Pitt will be our annual 'rivals' -- number of league games stay the same

Everyone plays everyone else twice every 7 years outside those fixtures
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Mike_S on Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:36 pm

At Stanford in 2025, at Cal in 2027 if things don't change again. Hopefully the team will be trending up by those matchups!!

FWIW -- I live fairly close to Stanford and have had season tickets for a while. BC would likely beat Stanford this year, but the new coach Taylor has already shown a lot of good things in terms of getting the most out of what talent he has, as well as varied aggressive offensive schemes for future. I think there's a good chance Stanford will be a tough game in 2025. On the plus side, those of you who complain about lack of attendance and apathy from fans and students at Alumni are likely to feel right at home at Stanford Stadium!!
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby 67grad on Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:59 am

Do we still have another OOC game to schdule for next year? Any ideas on who it might be?
67grad
n00b

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:17 pm

If FBSchedules.com is right, our first scheduled game is Sept. 14, so it rules out a few, at least OOC before that date. Since we should do FCS with a decent OOC slate otherwise -- Maine, URI, UNH, Holy Cross, Colgate, Merrimack, Fordham all have games the two prior weekends. Albany has a 9/7 game. Stonybrook has an 8/31 game but 9/7 is open. I can't think of any other 'logical' FCS teams we'd play.
Right now we have 3 out of conference in 2024 - at Mizzou 9/14; Michigan State 9/21 at Alumni and 9/28 Western Kentucky (the Kye Robichaux Bowl) also at Alumni.
Just purely a guess, maybe the ACC wants a few new conference matchups to start the season and we get an ACC matchup (SMU is open 9/7).
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:16 pm

Rumor is that BC @ FSU is on ABC Labor Day Night.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:08 pm

Mike_S {l Wrote}:FWIW -- I live fairly close to Stanford and have had season tickets for a while. BC would likely beat Stanford this year, but the new coach Taylor has already shown a lot of good things in terms of getting the most out of what talent he has, as well as varied aggressive offensive schemes for future. I think there's a good chance Stanford will be a tough game in 2025. On the plus side, those of you who complain about lack of attendance and apathy from fans and students at Alumni are likely to feel right at home at Stanford Stadium!!

See you there Mike.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium