Official Future Scheduling Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Future Scheduling Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:05 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:2023 P5: @Ohio State
2024 P5: Ohio State

I still don't think these games will ever happen.

these games got pushed back again

again, they will never happen

Is the 3rd time they have done this? Time to tell them to fuckoff. An SEC team (not Missouri) would be much more exciting anyway.

Ole Miss

I wonder if Katy Perry will come and I wonder if she will get naked?

https://www.al.com/sec-cocktail/2014/10/katy_perry_now_listed_among_no.html
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:29 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Is the 3rd time they have done this? Time to tell them to fuckoff. An SEC team (not Missouri) would be much more exciting anyway.

I'd be very interested to read the contract that was signed. I wouldn't be surprised if the contract stipulated:
  • that Ohio State was free to push back the one-and-one as much as they want provided the game was not scheduled in the next couple of seasons AND
  • (most importantly) Ohio State is free to cut a check to Boston College and BUY their way out of the game in Boston for any reason

BC is just going to bend over and continue to be treated like the battered wife here. And why? Ohio State has (what?) 5% of ALL of the collective college football clout/power all to themselves? Maybe more? They probably have more clout/power than Notre Dame and MUCH more clout/power than Clemson. And its probably only Texas, LSU, and Alabama that each (individually) have more clout/power than Ohio State. I don't think there is any chance that the Buckeyes would ever actually play Boston College at Alumni. It would have to be Foxboro (the way it was for Alabama in the 1980s) or New Jersey (the way it was in 1995.) If BC (on principle) refuses to move the game away from the 44,500 seat Alumni as stipulated in the contract, the Buckeyes will likely just cut BC a fuck-you-we-are-out check the day after BC plays in Columbus.

I just read the contract and there is no such thing.

Excellent!

Got a link?

No link, it was sent to me by private message.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:08 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I'd be very interested to read the contract that was signed. I wouldn't be surprised if the contract stipulated:
  • that Ohio State was free to push back the one-and-one as much as they want provided the game was not scheduled in the next couple of seasons AND
  • (most importantly) Ohio State is free to cut a check to Boston College and BUY their way out of the game in Boston for any reason

BC is just going to bend over and continue to be treated like the battered wife here. And why? Ohio State has (what?) 5% of ALL of the collective college football clout/power all to themselves? Maybe more? They probably have more clout/power than Notre Dame and MUCH more clout/power than Clemson. And its probably only Texas, LSU, and Alabama that each (individually) have more clout/power than Ohio State. I don't think there is any chance that the Buckeyes would ever actually play Boston College at Alumni. It would have to be Foxboro (the way it was for Alabama in the 1980s) or New Jersey (the way it was in 1995.) If BC (on principle) refuses to move the game away from the 44,500 seat Alumni as stipulated in the contract, the Buckeyes will likely just cut BC a fuck-you-we-are-out check the day after BC plays in Columbus.

I just read the contract and there is no such thing.

Excellent!

Got a link?

No link, it was sent to me by private message.

Sweet Dee posted the contract on her twitter machine. @bcdee97
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby mattbc03 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:22 pm

I received the contract via FOIA request. Original contract was signed in 2012 by Eric Ziady. GDF's name was crossed out. There is a $200k penalty for cancellation.
mattbc03
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Did you FOIA Ohio? Well played.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:02 pm

mattbc03 {l Wrote}:I received the contract via FOIA request. Original contract was signed in 2012 by Eric Ziady. GDF's name was crossed out. There is a $200k penalty for cancellation.

If that is true, then no way the Buckeyes play at Alumni. They have so much money, they don't care about $200K. They'll cut a check.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:07 pm

What happens with the Kansas and Purdue games - do they get rescheduled?

I have to think that either UMass or UConn (or both) drop their football programs within the next couple of years.

As none of our OOC opponents for 2023 are Power-5 schools (NIU, HC, @ Army, UConn), something has to change there.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:31 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:What happens with the Kansas and Purdue games - do they get rescheduled?

I have to think that either UMass or UConn (or both) drop their football programs within the next couple of years.

As none of our OOC opponents for 2023 are Power-5 schools (NIU, HC, @ Army, UConn), something has to change there.

That 2023 schedule tells me BC is aiming at one of those marquee games in Charlotte or Atlanta that year.

In '21 you're going to get the annual BC/VT Labor Day Weekend opener at Alumni.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:55 am

home and home with Bama

@BC in '31
@BAMA in '34

if colleges still exist then
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:home and home with Bama

@BC in '31
@BAMA in '34

if colleges still exist then

Great chance to build off of the momentum from that home-and-home with Ohio State!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:02 am

i wonder if they'll find a way to animate nick saban's head to still be the coach for those games
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:19 pm

Nice to get Bama on the schedule, even a decade out. Good for Kraft.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:22 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Nice to get Bama on the schedule, even a decade out. Good for Kraft.

That's what we said about the Ohio State matchup. It is complete bullshit.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Nice to get Bama on the schedule, even a decade out. Good for Kraft.

Yet you still have to book the best matchup you can. Your point is perfectly valid, but you have to give it a shot. Plus I think Bama stands a much better chance of honoring the matchup than some other SEC teams.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:50 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yet you still have to book the best matchup you can. Your point is perfectly valid, but you have to give it a shot. Plus I think Bama stands a much better chance of honoring the matchup than some other SEC teams.

I hope so. I'm not planning to attend the game in Tuscaloosa, however.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:04 pm

don't even get me started on the propensity of sec schools to cancel games. fucking aTm cancelling that basketball game a couple years ago still pisses me off
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:14 am

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Sabab will not be the coach when we play them. Whoever is coaching might have a totally different scheduling philosophy.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:16 am

If we're lucky, Jeff Hafley will be leading the Tide into Alumni stadium then. :)
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:19 am

Anyone know whether BC still does the gameday train from Chicago to South Bend for the ND games? I did that about 15 years ago but don't see anything on the website about away game travel or packages on the BC website. Maybe too early?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:53 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Anyone know whether BC still does the gameday train from Chicago to South Bend for the ND games? I did that about 15 years ago but don't see anything on the website about away game travel or packages on the BC website. Maybe too early?

They did for the 2019 game.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed May 11, 2022 6:13 pm

ACC close to agreeing to a 3-5-5 conference format where you have 3 permanent opponents you play every year and rotate through the rest of the conference every other year.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 12, 2022 7:35 am

about time, makes no sense for us to play nc state every year but pitt or miami once every 7 years

i'm sure there will be bitching about who our 3 permanent are but big step in right direction
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 12, 2022 7:43 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:... who our 3 permanent are ...

my guess is cuse, pitt, and va tech.

any indication on whether this is going to be somewhat of a pod approach? my guess is no because we'd need 16 teams to pull that off appropriately... so it will create immediate inequity in the conference.

also, i assume this gets rid of the division model so how does the championship game work?

as required for people my age, my response has to be "this is change and i do not like it and therefore it is a bad idea" but the reality is that it's an interesting concept on paper but i expect it will be very difficult to pull it off in reality
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 12, 2022 8:35 am

do you like sports tre? or are you sick of the depp trial?

vt fans are not happy about having us as a rival: https://theathletic.com/3304879/2022/05 ... yoff-2023/

just 2 top teams like the -_- virus year notrah dame was fully pregnant in football
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 12, 2022 8:43 am

i don't like sports enough to subscribe to that shitty website.

it will be interesting to see if the acc shoves the 4 nc schools together (fuck them, they deserve each other) or if they honor the longestest and bestestest and mostest meaningfulest rivalry that is carolina v. virginia.

and so end how much care i can muster for this topic. it makes me sad i won't have alma mater in the back yard twice every other year, but in all honesty i really stopped giving a fuck in the middle of the gym class wrestling match years
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 12, 2022 8:46 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:do you like sports tre? or are you sick of the depp trial?

vt fans are not happy about having us as a rival: https://theathletic.com/3304879/2022/05 ... yoff-2023/

just 2 top teams like the -_- virus year notrah dame was fully pregnant in football

BC fans don't like VTech as a "rival" either. I am sure we will get Cuse and VTech. I just hope the 3rd isn't Louisville.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 12, 2022 9:09 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

BC fans don't like VTech as a "rival" either. I am sure we will get Cuse and VTech. I just hope the 3rd isn't Louisville.

i think cuse and pitt are the locks and the 3rd is between pitt and the 'ville. who do i need to lobby to get it to be wake #therivalry
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu May 12, 2022 9:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

i think cuse and pitt are the locks and the 3rd is between pitt and the 'ville. who do i need to lobby to get it to be wake #therivalry
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu May 12, 2022 9:52 am

If you are posting something behind a paywall, probably should cut and paste the section, just saying.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 12, 2022 10:28 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

i think cuse and pitt are the locks and the 3rd is between vtechand the 'ville. who do i need to lobby to get it to be wake #therivalry

sorry i meant vpi and the 'ville
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium