Official Future Scheduling Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Future Scheduling Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:05 pm

hansen wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
dtwalrus wrote:2023 P5: @Ohio State
2024 P5: Ohio State

I still don't think these games will ever happen.

these games got pushed back again

again, they will never happen

Is the 3rd time they have done this? Time to tell them to fuckoff. An SEC team (not Missouri) would be much more exciting anyway.

Ole Miss

I wonder if Katy Perry will come and I wonder if she will get naked?

https://www.al.com/sec-cocktail/2014/10/katy_perry_now_listed_among_no.html
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:29 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
hansen wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:

Is the 3rd time they have done this? Time to tell them to fuckoff. An SEC team (not Missouri) would be much more exciting anyway.

I'd be very interested to read the contract that was signed. I wouldn't be surprised if the contract stipulated:
  • that Ohio State was free to push back the one-and-one as much as they want provided the game was not scheduled in the next couple of seasons AND
  • (most importantly) Ohio State is free to cut a check to Boston College and BUY their way out of the game in Boston for any reason

BC is just going to bend over and continue to be treated like the battered wife here. And why? Ohio State has (what?) 5% of ALL of the collective college football clout/power all to themselves? Maybe more? They probably have more clout/power than Notre Dame and MUCH more clout/power than Clemson. And its probably only Texas, LSU, and Alabama that each (individually) have more clout/power than Ohio State. I don't think there is any chance that the Buckeyes would ever actually play Boston College at Alumni. It would have to be Foxboro (the way it was for Alabama in the 1980s) or New Jersey (the way it was in 1995.) If BC (on principle) refuses to move the game away from the 44,500 seat Alumni as stipulated in the contract, the Buckeyes will likely just cut BC a fuck-you-we-are-out check the day after BC plays in Columbus.

I just read the contract and there is no such thing.

Excellent!

Got a link?

No link, it was sent to me by private message.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:08 pm

hansen wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
hansen wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:

I'd be very interested to read the contract that was signed. I wouldn't be surprised if the contract stipulated:
  • that Ohio State was free to push back the one-and-one as much as they want provided the game was not scheduled in the next couple of seasons AND
  • (most importantly) Ohio State is free to cut a check to Boston College and BUY their way out of the game in Boston for any reason

BC is just going to bend over and continue to be treated like the battered wife here. And why? Ohio State has (what?) 5% of ALL of the collective college football clout/power all to themselves? Maybe more? They probably have more clout/power than Notre Dame and MUCH more clout/power than Clemson. And its probably only Texas, LSU, and Alabama that each (individually) have more clout/power than Ohio State. I don't think there is any chance that the Buckeyes would ever actually play Boston College at Alumni. It would have to be Foxboro (the way it was for Alabama in the 1980s) or New Jersey (the way it was in 1995.) If BC (on principle) refuses to move the game away from the 44,500 seat Alumni as stipulated in the contract, the Buckeyes will likely just cut BC a fuck-you-we-are-out check the day after BC plays in Columbus.

I just read the contract and there is no such thing.

Excellent!

Got a link?

No link, it was sent to me by private message.

Sweet Dee posted the contract on her twitter machine. @bcdee97
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby mattbc03 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:22 pm

I received the contract via FOIA request. Original contract was signed in 2012 by Eric Ziady. GDF's name was crossed out. There is a $200k penalty for cancellation.
mattbc03
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Did you FOIA Ohio? Well played.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium