UVA - UNC - Maryland

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

UVA - UNC - Maryland

Postby nsbcfan on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:25 am

In my opinion these three opponents make up a perfect last three games. All three are extremely winnable and we certainly understand the impact of winning out while Clemson drops one more game. As far as program quality, these three teams are seen as peers of BC and beating them consistently will cement BC as one of the upper echelon teams in the ACC each season.

If Spaz wins out and finishes 9-3 with this team, I will forgive the VPI debacle and call it a successful regular season. I don't blame Spaz for the ND loss, I blame the 5-0 turnover ratio. I have also come to terms with the Clemson loss. Tuggle was playing QB and the defense actually played a tough competitive game. I blame Spaz for the VPI loss but if this team finishes 9-3, I will forgive that loss.
nsbcfan
n00b

Re: UVA - UNC - Maryland

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:46 am

Virginia should be easy since the players are going through the motions for Groh.

UNC still has a good D and Friedgen has always moved the ball on Spaz (turnovers have been the difference).

I still think 5-3 will win the division. My fear is that it will be the wrong 5-3 team.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:56 am

I want 3-0. So do we all, but we need it. Actually, FSU beating Clemson this week is a bigger for BC than any team that BC could beat for the remainder of the regular season. This is the week off, but really it isn't. We are all FSU fans this weekend.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Ohioeagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:05 pm

What would happen if FSU wins out, Clemson closes out winnning after FSU loss and BC beats Maryland and splits with UVA and UNC? The three would be 1-1 among each other and BC and FSU would be 4-1 within division, correct?
Ohioeagle
Carney Hall

Postby bcbeighs on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:15 pm

Ohioeagle {l Wrote}:What would happen if FSU wins out, Clemson closes out winnning after FSU loss and BC beats Maryland and splits with UVA and UNC? The three would be 1-1 among each other and BC and FSU would be 4-1 within division, correct?

Then BC wins the tiebreaker. No matter what, we need Clemson to dump one game. Then we only have to win 2 out of 3, as long as the loss is not to Maryland.
bcbeighs
n00b

Postby tallsy on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:37 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
UNC still has a good D and Friedgen has always moved the ball on Spaz (turnovers have been the difference).

I too worry about UNC's D, but I think UMD's players and Fridge will have quit by our game. Really, Maryland was a perfect storm in the Jagz era: Fridge can take advantage of Spaz's cushions, and then Logan, for all his strengths, seemed utterly mystified by the 33 Stack (see also the Champs Sports Bowl, where if it weren't for Silva and a shaky PI call, we could have easily lost to a mediocre MSU team.)

My problem is I don't see Clemson losing. Unless FSU has some motivation on D for Mickey Andrews' retirement.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:48 pm

nsbcfan {l Wrote}:In my opinion these three opponents make up a perfect last three games. All three are extremely winnable and we certainly understand the impact of winning out while Clemson drops one more game. As far as program quality, these three teams are seen as peers of BC and beating them consistently will cement BC as one of the upper echelon teams in the ACC each season.

If Spaz wins out and finishes 9-3 with this team, I will forgive the VPI debacle and call it a successful regular season. I don't blame Spaz for the ND loss, I blame the 5-0 turnover ratio. I have also come to terms with the Clemson loss. Tuggle was playing QB and the defense actually played a tough competitive game. I blame Spaz for the VPI loss but if this team finishes 9-3, I will forgive that loss.

I'm going with what I originally called - W, L, W. UNC is better than they've played and may be finally waking up. Hope I'm wrong but it still looks like it could very easily be a loss to me despite being at home. Let's hope it's cold for that one as I'm not sure many of their players have been on the gridiron in New England in late November. Like when Doresey constantly threw the ball to Lenny Walls and #1 went down to the wire in CH? Not that UNC is #1 Miami, but I remember Dorsey bitching about the wind and cold.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Things have reached a crisis state down here at UVA - attendance has taken a sharp fall. Tickets to the BC game should be very, very available. Groh should have been out within hours of losing to William and Mary, but now they'll let him coach out the season. Losing to Duke and W&M is just a total disaster...I don't think BC should have a problem at all.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:52 pm

i thought we were going to have a 3 game losing streak?
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:18 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:i thought we were going to have a 3 game losing streak?

We are presently in the throes of a 3-game road losing streak. The discussion here is whether Spaz is capable of turning it around. Most in this thread seem to say yes. I haven't seen any evidence of this road euphoria yet.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:21 pm

since i like BC football, i am going to hope Spaz can do that.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:i thought we were going to have a 3 game losing streak?

We are presently in the throes of a 3-game road losing streak. The discussion here is whether Spaz is capable of turning it around. Most in this thread seem to say yes. I haven't seen any evidence of this road euphoria yet.

Sometimes stopping a losing streak has more to do with the competition than anything else. Win percentage of teams played on the road thusfar: 67%. Win percentage of final two teams who will be played on the road: 31%. That's probably too much for you to soak in, so I'll leave it at that for now. Good luck with your non fact based rant about how UMD and UVA are "comparable in every way" to ND. :suicide
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:21 pm

the hardest remaining game is at home which i like.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium