Current Scholarship status/positional breakdowns by class

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Current Scholarship status/positional breakdowns by class

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:53 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Which OL on the roster currently has played center for us in the past?

Petrula... I think C is was his best position
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby plcatalano on Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:22 pm

Actually Lindstrom may return. I thought he declared to leave, but he hasn’t yet,
plcatalano
n00b

Postby BCEagles66 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:22 pm

plcatalano {l Wrote}:Actually Lindstrom may return. I thought he declared to leave, but he hasn’t yet,

I’ll be shocked if he leaves. Has grown a lot as a linemen and doesn’t seem like he’s plateaued. Also unlikely to be challenged for his starting spot and wouldn’t be drafted above day two if at all today...no brainer to come back in my opinion.

Somewhat surprised Johnson is back since I thought he was participating in the senior bowl. Never hurts to have more depth but really hoping someone puts up a fight for playing time and that it’s actually an open competition.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:41 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:
plcatalano {l Wrote}:Actually Lindstrom may return. I thought he declared to leave, but he hasn’t yet,

I’ll be shocked if he leaves. Has grown a lot as a linemen and doesn’t seem like he’s plateaued. Also unlikely to be challenged for his starting spot and wouldn’t be drafted above day two if at all today...no brainer to come back in my opinion.

Somewhat surprised Johnson is back since I thought he was participating in the senior bowl. Never hurts to have more depth but really hoping someone puts up a fight for playing time and that it’s actually an open competition.

Angry NFL Scout Vet has a good thread about all this. Basically it will be hard for undrafted free agents to make an impression this year, vs. a normal draft and training camp in 2022. However, the pool of prospects will thin this season such that some guys who would be prioritized undrafted free agents go in RoundS 5 or 6, while in 2022 some who would normally be drafted in say Round 6 will be undrafted.

I think this means you better have a meaningful way to raise your stock if you’re going to stay another year in college. McDuffie, for example, isn’t going to raise his stock much next season, especially as he risks getting beaten out to start. Neither he nor Richardson played very well, so it’s certainly possible a transfer (like the one from Temple) plus a freshman could leave McDuffie as #3 in a 2-man race. So better to go swim in a relatively thin NFL pool, and hope one of 32 teams sees you as worth a 7th round pick (meaning a good bonus regardless).

Lindstrom should also go. He’s a center through and through, and won’t really show any other versatility in college. He’s probably a sixth or seventh rounder in a normal year, if not a priority free agent. But with a thicker pool next year and not much reason to think he’ll evolve substantially from where he is now, he should go,

Petrula’s in a tough boat if Lindstrom stays. I don’t think he showed himself very well at guard, and even this spring wouldn’t get drafted. So as a UDFA he’s stuck trying to impress in limited glimpses between Covid outbreaks.

But if Lindstrom goes, Petrula can flop back to center with more opportunity to work out than last spring. Personally I think he showed himself best at Center, though in the NFL he could be used anywhere on the right side in a pinch. That would be attractive enough to me to stay and swim in the deep waters in 2022?

Johnson? He got some (poor) tape as a LT. For his NFL chances, he needs to play guard. If after an offseason Conley can join Vrabel at OT, then guard should serve BC best as well. I’m thrilled with what I’ve seen from Hafley’s first year EXCEPT the line play. The offense itself was imaginatively productive (albeit overweighted to passing), the D served as an effective proof of concept, and the game day tactics and adjustments were stellar. But there were some weird dynamics on the O-Line, and I suspect coaching was more the issue than lack of practice/conditioning time.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby plcatalano on Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:16 pm

Where do we think Lars-Woodbey lines up in Hafley's defense?
plcatalano
n00b

Postby hansen on Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 pm

plcatalano {l Wrote}:Where do we think Lars-Woodbey lines up in Hafley's defense?

with last year's LBs leaving and Palmer staying, my guess is LB

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:26 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
plcatalano {l Wrote}:Where do we think Lars-Woodbey lines up in Hafley's defense?

with last year's LBs leaving and Palmer staying, my guess is LB

FWIW, he calls himself a "Boston College Defensive Back" on twitter.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:17 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The rules are not set yet so you can't assume BC or anyone will have 130 kids next year. Plus you might as well use space to get incoming transfers who you think have potential vs guys in the program who you have given up on.

This is my understanding (and may be way off): the 2020 does not count against a players eligibility; there is still a 85 scholarship cap but any player that would have been done if the 2020 counted, does not count towards the 85 man cap. So, looking at the BC roster, Petrula, White, Z Johnson, Levy, Rayam, Onwuka, G-M, Palmer, Carlson, Barlow and Boumerhi do not count against the 85 cap.
Am I even close?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:10 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The rules are not set yet so you can't assume BC or anyone will have 130 kids next year. Plus you might as well use space to get incoming transfers who you think have potential vs guys in the program who you have given up on.

This is my understanding (and may be way off): the 2020 does not count against a players eligibility; there is still a 85 scholarship cap but any player that would have been done if the 2020 counted, does not count towards the 85 man cap. So, looking at the BC roster, Petrula, White, Z Johnson, Levy, Rayam, Onwuka, G-M, Palmer, Carlson, Barlow and Boumerhi do not count against the 85 cap.
Am I even close?

The rules have not yet been formalized but it is the understanding of the ACC that players using their final year of eligibility would not count toward the 85 scholarship limit. So, this would make what you posted true for the 2021 season. I fully expect the NCAA will post at formalization of this at the next meeting to prevent people taking advantage of the ruling.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:54 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Am I even close?

The rules have not yet been formalized but it is the understanding of the ACC that players using their final year of eligibility would not count toward the 85 scholarship limit. So, this would make what you posted true for the 2021 season. I fully expect the NCAA will post at formalization of this at the next meeting to prevent people taking advantage of the ruling.

If this is the case, by my count, we are over by 6.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:18 pm

I came up with 94. some other people must not be returning.

OL (12-2=10)
===
Dwayne Allick (Fr.),Erik Larson (W/R-Fr.),Blerim Rustemi (R-Fr.),Ben Petrula (Sr.),Darius Bryan (W/Fr.),Jack Conley (R-Fr.),Matthew Taylor (W/Fr.),Ozzy Trapilo (Fr.),Alec Lindstrom (R-Jr.),Christian Mahogany (R-Fr.),Finn Dirstine (R-So.),Kevin Pyne (Fr.),Zion Johnson (Sr.),Tyler Vrabel (R-So.),Kevin Cline (Fr.),

WR (8-1=7)
===
Zay Flowers (SO), Kobay White (GR), CJ Lewis (R-JR), Jehlani Galloway (R-SO), Ezechiel Tieide (R-SO), Ethon Williams (SO), Taji Johnson (FR), Jacob Kraft (W/FR), Jaelen Gill (R-SO), Will Prouty (W/FR)

TE (8-1=7)
===
Danny Dalton (Gr.), Joey Luchetti (R-So.), Hans Lillis (Fr.),Brendan Smith (R-So.), Charlie Gordinier (Fr.), Tommy Birmingham (Fr.), Spencer Witter (R-Fr.), Drew McQuarrie (R-Jr.),

RB (7-1=6)
===
Travis Levy (Sr.), Pat Garwo III (R-Fr.), Andre Hines (Fr.), David Bailey (Jr.), Javian Dayne (W/R-So.), Peter Stehr (W/R-So.), Jackson Treister (W/Fr.),

QB (5)
===
Phil Jurkovec (R-So.), Dennis Grosel (R-Jr.,) Matt Valecce (R-So.), Matthew Rueve (Fr.), Daelen Menard (R-Fr.), Andrew Landry (W/Fr.),

ST (3-2=1)
===
Grant Carlson (GR), Tito Pasqualoni (W/R-So.), Donovan Cahill (W/Gr.), John Tessitore (W/R-SO), Danny Longman (Jr.), Aaron Boumerhi (Gr.), Stephen Ruiz (R-So.),

DL (9-2=7)
===
Jaleel Berry (R-Jr.),Ryan Betro (R-So.),Cam Horsley (Fr.),TJ Rayam (Sr.),Brandon Barlow (R-Sr.),Izaiah Henderson (R-Fr.),Shitta Sillah (So.),Jackson Ness (R-Fr.),Marcus Valdez (R-Jr.),

LB (8-1=7)
===
John Lamot (Gr.),Nick DeNucci (R-So.),Joseph Sparacio (R-So.),Paul Theobald, Jr. (R-Jr.),Vinny DePalma (R-So.),Joe Marinaro (W/Fr.),Thomas Hovsepian (W/R-Jr.)Jaylen Bailey (R-Fr.),Hugh Davis (R-So.),Reggie Terry Jr. (W/R-Jr.),

DB (16-2=14)
===
Jason Maitre (R-So.),Deon Jones (Gr.),Tyler Days (R-So.),Tate Haynes (R-Jr.),Jahmin Muse (R-Jr.),Brandon Sebastian (R-Jr.),Bryce Sebastian (R-Fr.),Mike Palmer (Gr.),Elijah Jones (R-So.),Josh DeBerry (So.),Jio Holmes (Fr.),Kam Arnold (Fr.),Jason Scott (W/Fr.),Steve Lubischer (R-Fr.),Connor Grieco (R-Fr.),Jalen Williams (R-Fr.),Denzel Blackwell (Fr.),Teon Smith (W/R-Fr.),Nick Bearup (W/Jr.),

Returning offense = 10+7+7+6+5=35
Returning defense = 7+7+14=28
returning ST = 1
transfers = 4
early enrollees = 12
summer enrollees = 14

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:25 pm

You have a lot of walkons in there and are missing a few. I didn't think Dalton and Lamont were coming back?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:22 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:You have a lot of walkons in there and are missing a few. I didn't think Dalton and Lamont were coming back?

I used the 2020 roster as a basis and labeled the walk-ons with a W and did not count them in the total of 94.
Didn’t list the incoming recruits or 4 transfers but counted them in the total.

To my knowledge, both are returning.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:43 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:You have a lot of walkons in there and are missing a few. I didn't think Dalton and Lamont were coming back?

If true,
1. It would be helpful;
B. Neither would count against the 85 cap.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:31 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

I used the 2020 roster as a basis and labeled the walk-ons with a W and did not count them in the total of 94.
Didn’t list the incoming recruits or 4 transfers but counted them in the total.

Make that 93... Bailey in the transfer portal.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Current positional breakdowns

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:20 am

OL 13 (14)
===
Blerim Rustemi, Jack Conley, Ozzy Trapilo, Christian Mahogany, Finn Dirstine, Kevin Pyne, Kevin Cline, Jackson Ness, Illija Krajnovic, Otto Hess, Drew Kendall, Jude Bowry, Noah Clifford, (Jake Funke)

WR 7 (9)
===
Zay Flowers, Taji Johnson, Jaelen Gill, Dino Tomlin, Lewis Bond, Jaden Williams, Dante Reynolds, (Ismael Zamor, Joseph Griffin)

TE 6 (7)
===
Joey Luchetti, Hans Lillis, Charlie Gordinier, Spencer Witter, George Takacs, Jeremiah Franklin, (Matt Reagan)

RB 4 (7)
===
Pat Garwo III, Andre Hines, Alec Sinkfield, Xavier Coleman, (CJ Clinkscales, Alex Broom, Can Barfield)

QB 4 (5)
===
Phil Jurkovec, Matthew Rueve, Daelen Menard, Emmett Morehead, (Pete Delaportas)

ST 4
===
Danny Longman, Gunner Daniel, Connor Lytton, Sam Candotti

DT 8 (10)
===
Cam Horsley, Izaiah Henderson, Regen Terry, Nigel Tate, Chib Onwuka, Dwayne Allick, Kris Banks, Owen Stoudmire (Kwan Williamws, Gilbert Tongrongou)

DE 7 (10)
===
Shitta Sillah, Marcus Valdez, Donovan Ezeiruaku, Neto Okpala, Quin Hutchinson, Ty Clemons, Edwin Kolenge, (Kivon Wight, Clive Wilson, Josh Hardy)

LB 7 (8)
===
Vinny DePalma, Joe Marinaro, Kam Arnold, Jaylen Blackwell, Bryce Steele, Casey Phinney, Owen McGowan, (Daveon Crouch)

DB 14 (16)
===
Jaiden Woodbey, Jason Maitre, Elijah Jones, Josh DeBerry, Jason Scott, Steve Lubischer, Connor Grieco, Jalen Williams, Jalon Williams, Jalen Cheek, Cole Batson, Jamareeh Jones, CJ Burton, Amari Jackson, (Sione Hala, Isaiah Farris)
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby plcatalano on Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:59 am

Does anyone have clues as to who would replace Mahogany? Cline, Rustemi, Trapilo? Just wondering.
plcatalano
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:59 am

Trapilo was probably ready starting.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Primetime on Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:46 pm

plcatalano {l Wrote}:Does anyone have clues as to who would replace Mahogany? Cline, Rustemi, Trapilo? Just wondering.

AJ Black does a good job going over line options on his recent podcast.

Kendall your starting Center. They probably have to move some guys around between Guard/Tackle: Trapilo, Conley, Dirstine were likely starting before, with Cline the most experienced replacement for Mahogany.

True FR Jude Bowry was already with the 2nd team in the spring but that seems like a lot to ask. Maybe they can hit the transfer portal to get some depth.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby plcatalano on Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:19 am

There's also Christian Curatolo via the Transfer Portal.
plcatalano
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:22 pm

@AJBlack_BC
Redshirt freshman linebacker Casey Phinney, a three star from Noble and Greenough (MA) is no longer on the BC roster and has retired from football per a source.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:47 am

OL 15
===
Blerim Rustemi, Jack Conley, Ozzy Trapilo, Christian Mahogany, Finn Dirstine, Dwayne Allick, Kevin Pyne, Kevin Cline, Jackson Ness, Illija Krajnovic, Otto Hess, Drew Kendall, Jude Bowry, Noah Clifford, Jake Funke

WR 9
===
Zay Flowers, Taji Johnson, Jaelen Gill, Dino Tomlin, Lewis Bond, Jaden Williams, Dante Reynolds, Ismael Zamor, Joseph Griffin

TE 6
===
Hans Lillis, Charlie Gordinier, Spencer Witter, George Takacs, Jeremiah Franklin, Matt Reagan

RB 6
===
Pat Garwo III, Andre Hines, Alec Sinkfield, Xavier Coleman, Alex Broom, Cam Barfield

QB 5
===
Phil Jurkovec, Matthew Rueve, Daelen Menard, Emmett Morehead, Pete Delaportas

ST 4
===

DT 10
===
Cam Horsley, Izaiah Henderson, Regen Terry, Nigel Tate, Chib Onwuka, Kris Banks, Owen Stoudmire, Ty Clemons, Kwan Williamws, Gilbert Tongrongou

DE 9
===
Shitta Sillah, Marcus Valdez, Donovan Ezeiruaku, Neto Okpala, Quin Hutchinson, Edwin Kolenge, Kivon Wight, Clive Wilson, Josh Hardy

LB 8
===
Vinny DePalma, Joe Marinaro, Kam Arnold, Jaylen Blackwell, Bryce Steele, Owen McGowan, Daveon Crouch, Sione Hala

DB 15
===
Jaiden Woodbey, Jason Maitre, Elijah Jones, Josh DeBerry, Jason Scott, Steve Lubischer, Connor Grieco, Jalon Williams, Jalen Cheek, Cole Batson, Jamareeh Jones, CJ Burton, Amari Jackson, Isaiah Farris, CJ Clinkscales
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:36 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:OL 16
===
Blerim Rustemi, Jack Conley, Ozzy Trapilo, Christian Mahogany, Finn Dirstine, Dwayne Allick, Kevin Pyne, Kevin Cline, Jackson Ness, Illija Krajnovic, Otto Hess, Drew Kendall, Jude Bowry, Noah Clifford, Jake Funke, Nick Thomas

WR 9
===
Zay Flowers, Taji Johnson, Jaelen Gill, Dino Tomlin, Lewis Bond, Jaden Williams, Dante Reynolds, Ismael Zamor, Joseph Griffin

TE 6
===
Hans Lillis, Charlie Gordinier, Spencer Witter, George Takacs, Jeremiah Franklin, Matt Reagan

RB 6
===
Pat Garwo III, Andre Hines, Alec Sinkfield, Xavier Coleman, Alex Broom, Cam Barfield

QB 5
===

ST 4
===

DT 10
===
Cam Horsley, Izaiah Henderson, Regen Terry, Nigel Tate, Chib Onwuka, Kris Banks, Owen Stoudmire, Ty Clemons, Kwan Williamws, Gilbert Tongrongou

DE 9
===
Shitta Sillah, Marcus Valdez, Donovan Ezeiruaku, Neto Okpala, Quin Hutchinson, Edwin Kolenge, Kivon Wight, Clive Wilson, Josh Hardy

LB 8
===
Vinny DePalma, Joe Marinaro, Kam Arnold, Jaylen Blackwell, Bryce Steele, Owen McGowan, Daveon Crouch, Sione Hala

DB 13
===
Jaiden Woodbey, Jason Maitre, Elijah Jones, Josh DeBerry, Jason Scott, Steve Lubischer, Jalen Cheek, Cole Batson, Jamareeh Jones, CJ Burton, Amari Jackson, Isaiah Farris, CJ Clinkscales

Who stays, who goes? I believe only Valdez, Longman, Daniel, Sinkfield & Onwuka are out of eligibility.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:19 pm

Have to imagine the WR room looks a lot different
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:11 pm

According to the other site you have multiple guys on that chart that have been expelled from BC so you’ll have plenty of open spots.

Off-field fights and on-field brawls, a lot of character individuals Hafley is recruiting.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:33 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:According to the other site you have multiple guys on that chart that have been expelled from BC so you’ll have plenty of open spots.

Off-field fights and on-field brawls, a lot of character individuals Hafley is recruiting.

Where are you seeing this?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:06 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:OL 16
===
Blerim Rustemi, Jack Conley, Ozzy Trapilo, Christian Mahogany, Finn Dirstine, Dwayne Allick, Kevin Pyne, Kevin Cline, Jackson Ness, Illija Krajnovic, Otto Hess, Drew Kendall, Jude Bowry, Noah Clifford, Jake Funke, Nick Thomas

WR 9
===

TE 6
===

RB 6
===

QB 5
===

ST 4
===

DT 10
===

DE 9
===

LB 8
===

DB 13
===
Jaiden Woodbey, Jason Maitre, Elijah Jones, Josh DeBerry, Jason Scott, Steve Lubischer, Jalen Cheek, Cole Batson, Jamareeh Jones, CJ Burton, Amari Jackson, Isaiah Farris, CJ Clinkscales

Who stays, who goes? I believe only Valdez, Longman, Daniel, Sinkfield & Onwuka are out of eligibility.

OL Noah Clifford is no longer listed on the roster.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:34 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
OL Noah Clifford is no longer listed on the roster.

He is now Noah Kahapea.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:32 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:According to the other site you have multiple guys on that chart that have been expelled from BC so you’ll have plenty of open spots.

winged lion on the island of misfit toys
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

winged lion on the island of misfit toys

It's over on EagleInsider. Google is your friend.

I also witnessed the brawl, sucker-punching and (allegedly) spitting on opposing players.

The team clearly has zero respect for Hafley.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium