Compilation of craptacular GreenvilleEagle threads

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Marcus Outlow

Postby footer20 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:First player on, first player off. It's a shame we didn't utilize him properly. I don't really blame him for wanting to go somewhere else at this point with the rouse love affair.

The staff stupidly mis used a really talented player here instead using Rouse for whatever reason.

We severely slight Rouse on this board. He doesn't have hands but he's a good, tough, downhill runner. I agree that Outlow is more talented though.

The real crime is that Outlow wasn't playing the position that Robinson/Sherm/Dudeck played this year.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Also, because I haven't seen it mentioned, rumors of Sherm Alston leaving the program are starting to grow as well.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:47 pm

footer20 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:First player on, first player off. It's a shame we didn't utilize him properly. I don't really blame him for wanting to go somewhere else at this point with the rouse love affair.

The staff stupidly mis used a really talented player here instead using Rouse for whatever reason.

We severely slight Rouse on this board. He doesn't have hands but he's a good, tough, downhill runner. I agree that Outlow is more talented though.

The real crime is that Outlow wasn't playing the position that Robinson/Sherm/Dudeck played this year.

Rouse isn't bad, but playing him ahead of more talented RBs is another mistake this staff makes. Rouse should be 4th on the depth chart.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:48 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Also, because I haven't seen it mentioned, rumors of Sherm Alston leaving the program are starting to grow as well.

Did he play at all today? Is he hurt? He was very disappointing this season.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:48 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Also, because I haven't seen it mentioned, rumors of Sherm Alston leaving the program are starting to grow as well.

Bon voyage....another example of the staff having no clue how to use him correctly.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:48 pm

footer20 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Rouse runs hard, but he shouldn't have been the starting back.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:49 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Didn't play, isn't hurt
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:50 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Rouse runs hard, but he shouldn't have been the starting back.

Outlaw, Hilliman, Willis, Rouse.

I am not impressed with Hilliman, Outlaw was the better talent
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Outlow is a little too slow to be a dynamic back, but his craftiness gives you a solid 5 yards a pop. I'll take that over hilliman's 0,0,-1, 0, 15.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Re: Elijah Robinson

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:52 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Worst receiver I've ever seen wear a BC uniform...and that says A LOT.

You're not paying attention to the games...

As long as Dudeck is on the field, this is spot on.

:chewbanka

If you think Dudeck is better than Robinson you can leave this board immediately.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:54 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Outlow is a little too slow to be a dynamic back, but his craftiness gives you a solid 5 yards a pop. I'll take that over hilliman's 0,0,-1, 0, 15.

Hilliman is slow and about as elusive as an 18 wheel truck.

The staff also criminally wastes Myles Willis.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Also, why does Thad Smith not play on offense today? You know, he like gets open and is fast.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Bon voyage....another example of the staff having no clue how to use him correctly.

Really??? I seem to recall eleventy billion posts bitching about the staff still trying to use him.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Fitch, Frye and White

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:57 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Ohio State's system is not identical, but there are plenty of similarities. Meyer has always been more aggressive than Addazio in down and distance. He's also not as dependent on Tight End blocking. Meyer also uses a lot more uptempo and throws the ball deep more often.

Same system just a few different wrinkles. And it works.

Daz said Monday Night on EEI that he is bagging this system anyway.

First, Urban has the luxury of personnel to take more risks.
Second, what did Daz say on EEI???

They're running a pro style offense next year with Wade. He didn't say the with Wade part but Wade is the only QB running a pro style offense.

There's content for your fuckers from my car ride home.

Leads me to believe (hope) Fitch is already out.

I'm not entirely sure. Fitch talked about moving to more a pass-friendly, pro-style offense with Wade. In fact, my biggest complaint about Fitch is that he continued to call games as if Wade was still the QB.

If Fitch is not fired, then It's clear football is now considered an afterthought up there in Chestnut Hill by BB, LEahy, and the rest of the trustees.

I sit behind one of the trustees in Alumni and him and his family show up every week (and come up from SW Connecticut). There are definitely pockets of people on the BOT who care and get the bigger picture (what athletics does for the school on a whole). I personally think Leahy is the main issue as many have said here.

On a positive note, I think if BCs next president cares, things can change very quickly. I went to Providence and it provides and interesting comp. Once their new president was appointed, he embraced athletics (especially bball) and they turned that thing around quickly. Aside from committing to pay competitively for coaching (Cooley makes a lot of money for being a nationally mediocre coach), they have committed to a new basketball facility, redid the hockey arena (also won a National Championship in hockey) and made numerous other athletic upgrades (new fitness center, new softball/soccer/lax/fh fields). BC is miles behind because of putting everything off for so long, but if the commitment is made, things can be upgraded quickly and instantly make BC more attractive, obviously a big if.

Does anyone in the know have information on Leahy in re: to a planned retirement. He's already in late 60s and has been in his current role for coming on 20 years. Have to think a new president is on the horizon.

Leahy will probably retire before we ever consider a replacement for Addazio. The question with the new President will be less about his position about sports and more about if they find a Jesuit they like or hire a lay president.

As much as I'd like to blame him, I don't know what Leahy had to do with this awful season. The staffs inability to figure out how to use their playmakers on offense had nothing to do with him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Really??? I seem to recall eleventy billion posts bitching about the staff still trying to use him.

Yes. The staff fucking telegraphs those jet sweeps. The entire EO Section is screaming jet sweep jet sweep before BC even snaps the ball. Alston is money on those sweeps, but not when you telegraph the play to the defense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:Outlow is a little too slow to be a dynamic back, but his craftiness gives you a solid 5 yards a pop. I'll take that over hilliman's 0,0,-1, 0, 15.

Hilliman is slow and about as elusive as an 18 wheel truck.

The staff also criminally wastes Myles Willis.

Isn't the situation that both Willis and Outlow have been injured? Willis' injury is supposed to be a nagging hamstring. He broke free a couple weeks ago and did not have his second gear. Outlow, who I've always thought would be special, has done absolutely nothing even when gotten carries. But, then those carries stopped and then quotes aboutvRouss being the only healthy back started.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:11 pm

footer20 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Outlow didn't want to change positions.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Transfers

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Flutie, Baker and Lindstrom a package deal to Plymouth State.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Re: Transfers

Postby StratEagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:24 pm

If you posted more you might be in contention for the upcoming title
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Michael Walker should have been getting a lot of run at WR. But Asshatazzio is in love with Roberto Duran Robinson.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:46 pm

This sucks in a lot of ways, not the least of which is that this Outlow kid was a highly regarded recruit who was excited about coming to BC. Something changed that.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:51 pm

when you look at the duke, wake, and cuse game, it is so unacceptable to not be 6-6...and were 3-9
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Ohio State's system is not identical, but there are plenty of similarities. Meyer has always been more aggressive than Addazio in down and distance. He's also not as dependent on Tight End blocking. Meyer also uses a lot more uptempo and throws the ball deep more often.

Same system just a few different wrinkles. And it works.

Daz said Monday Night on EEI that he is bagging this system anyway.

First, Urban has the luxury of personnel to take more risks.
Second, what did Daz say on EEI???

They're running a pro style offense next year with Wade. He didn't say the with Wade part but Wade is the only QB running a pro style offense.

There's content for your fuckers from my car ride home.

Leads me to believe (hope) Fitch is already out.

I'm not entirely sure. Fitch talked about moving to more a pass-friendly, pro-style offense with Wade. In fact, my biggest complaint about Fitch is that he continued to call games as if Wade was still the QB.

If Fitch is not fired, then It's clear football is now considered an afterthought up there in Chestnut Hill by BB, LEahy, and the rest of the trustees.

I sit behind one of the trustees in Alumni and him and his family show up every week (and come up from SW Connecticut). There are definitely pockets of people on the BOT who care and get the bigger picture (what athletics does for the school on a whole). I personally think Leahy is the main issue as many have said here.

On a positive note, I think if BCs next president cares, things can change very quickly. I went to Providence and it provides and interesting comp. Once their new president was appointed, he embraced athletics (especially bball) and they turned that thing around quickly. Aside from committing to pay competitively for coaching (Cooley makes a lot of money for being a nationally mediocre coach), they have committed to a new basketball facility, redid the hockey arena (also won a National Championship in hockey) and made numerous other athletic upgrades (new fitness center, new softball/soccer/lax/fh fields). BC is miles behind because of putting everything off for so long, but if the commitment is made, things can be upgraded quickly and instantly make BC more attractive, obviously a big if.

Does anyone in the know have information on Leahy in re: to a planned retirement. He's already in late 60s and has been in his current role for coming on 20 years. Have to think a new president is on the horizon.

Leahy will probably retire before we ever consider a replacement for Addazio. The question with the new President will be less about his position about sports and more about if they find a Jesuit they like or hire a lay president.

As much as I'd like to blame him, I don't know what Leahy had to do with this awful season. The staffs inability to figure out how to use their playmakers on offense had nothing to do with him.

Youre right, and I didnt mean to imply that. I was more referring to the earlier post that its the fault of the Board of Trustees for the overall macro situation (i.e. facilities and commitment to football), when I think more of the blame falls on Leahys shoulders and not the BOT
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:04 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:This sucks in a lot of ways, not the least of which is that this Outlow kid was a highly regarded recruit who was excited about coming to BC. Something changed that.

So was Josh Haden who couldn't stay on the field and lost his spot to a better player. In retrospect, I was surprised Outlow lasted this long once Hilliman committed, I think it just comes down to scholarship numbers and a realization that Hilliman is a better option for what Addazio wants to do (run power). Cant blame him for not wanting to switch positions. With that being said, maybe Outlow realizes how awful this offensive line situation is and that it is multiple seasons away so why not bail now
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Sherm is going to go to Rutgaaahs
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:18 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Didn't play, isn't hurt

Outlow would be a much bigger loss.
Alston is too one dimensional.
So glad Alston no longer is the PR guy.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Transfers

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:33 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:If you posted more you might be in contention for the upcoming title

I think he's enough to deserve serious consideration.
Still think rktbrkr is the clubhouse leader at this point.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby billyshelby on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

I have no idea what loss Outlow would be. Maybe he was misused, maybe he's awesome, but he never did a whole lot on the field. Maybe he's just another Josh Haden.

I think running back is the least of our concerns anyway.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby billyshelby on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Obviously, Fitch was not inspiring. But having no QB who could throw at even a high school level makes assessment of him unfair. And the real question is what, if any, constraints he was under with Daz.

At any rate, next year's staff will have to show a better ability to scheme with the players they have.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby billyshelby on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Freshman learning a new position, drops should be expected. Especially when he's being leaned on like a number one target as he has.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium